Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Outback restaurant/Florida food?

Outback restaurant/Florida food?

Old Nov 17th 2003, 9:06 pm
Just Joined

obscuredbysound is an unknown quantity at this point

No wonder 90% of new restaurants fail in their first year when everyone, and not just people on this board, Americans in general only ever eat at chain restaurants.
Chain restaurants where you get fed the same old crap you can get anywhere else in the country. For few dollars more, or less in some cases, you can get some amazing meals at local restaurants, ran by local people, using local produce. I tried a couple of these chains when I first moved here, just to see what all the fuss was about and now I refuse to eat at another one ever again.
There are so many amazing local, unique, restaurants out there. We should make the most of them while they are still around and before the whole world becomes a McOutback or McOlive Garden.
Old Nov 17th 2003, 9:40 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Who has said they only eat at these restaurants and nowhere else? Bit presumptous isn't it?
Just because someone says they've gone to OG or Outback and like the food there, it doesn't mean that's the only place they will ever eat at ever again.
This is my favourite restaurant:Columbia Restaurant
but I guess as there are 6 locations it doesn't cut the mustard with you.

Last edited by ladyofthelake; Nov 17th 2003 at 10:21 pm.
Old Nov 17th 2003, 10:34 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ladyofthelake
Who has said they only eat at these restaurants and nowhere else? Bit presumptous isn't it?
Just because someone says they've gone to OG or Outback and like the food there, it doesn't mean that's the only place they will ever eat ever again.
This is my favourite restaurant:Columbia Restaurant
but I guess as there are 6 locations it won't make the mustard with you.
]

I love Outback, especially the 'outback steak special' and the salad with tangy tom sauce.

OG is great value for the family, the kids love the thick soup, and I love the salad, then my wife and I share the chicken parmesan its way to much for 1 person.

We also have some great local resturants, with equally good service so I don't have a problem were I get my fill.

Its a shame some people have a problem with OG and Outback but there the same ones that have a chip on their shoulder about everything.
Old Nov 18th 2003, 1:43 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Yosser
]

I love Outback, especially the 'outback steak special' and the salad with tangy tom sauce.

OG is great value for the family, the kids love the thick soup, and I love the salad, then my wife and I share the chicken parmesan its way to much for 1 person.

We also have some great local resturants, with equally good service so I don't have a problem were I get my fill.

Its a shame some people have a problem with OG and Outback but there the same ones that have a chip on their shoulder about everything.
I go to Outback, its just not the best steak house as people seem to think. Its cheap and cheerful but the food is nothing to write home about.

I would never go to OG again as I found it overpriced and under taste, there are far better Italians.

You would be the expert of having a chip on a shoulder.

Patrick
Old Nov 18th 2003, 2:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ladyofthelake
Just because someone says they've gone to OG or Outback and like the food there, it doesn't mean that's the only place they will ever eat at ever again.
Excellently said!!!

Ash
Old Nov 18th 2003, 2:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pimpbot
I always have the tour of Italy at Olive Garden.
My husband and I often have this too and split a dessert... chocolate lasgana Mmmmm

Ash
Old Nov 18th 2003, 2:49 am
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't it strange that when people think of "restaurants" here they think of McDonalds, Wendy's etc.

But when we think of restaurants we are actually thinking of restaurants and not Burger King, Taco Bell etc.

Posh bunch we Brits !