British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Outback restaurant/Florida food? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/outback-restaurant-florida-food-191439/)

waxwabbit Nov 16th 2003 11:01 pm

Outback restaurant/Florida food?

My beautiful wife loves this restaurant, and she was so excited when one opened up in Birmingham, as shes being missing their food.

Problem is, I am so bloated as I overate considerably.

Not a pretty sight, a fat arsed wabbit!

Do they get Outbacks in Florida, or Macaronne Grill. I know theres fast food Taco Bells (which I adore), but are they numerous in Fl?

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

No, stop it Lee, or you shall pop!!!

candy wy. Nov 17th 2003 12:07 am

try this link

http://www.outbacksteakhouse.com/locator/

we unfortunatly don't have one by us we have to travel a few hours , but well worth the drive.

Rockgurl Nov 17th 2003 7:24 am

Re: Outback restaurant/Florida food?

Originally posted by waxwabbit
My beautiful wife loves this restaurant, and she was so excited when one opened up in Birmingham, as shes being missing their food.

Problem is, I am so bloated as I overate considerably.

Not a pretty sight, a fat arsed wabbit!

Do they get Outbacks in Florida, or Macaronne Grill. I know theres fast food Taco Bells (which I adore), but are they numerous in Fl?

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

No, stop it Lee, or you shall pop!!!
My wife refuses to take me to Taco Bell, and calls it Taco Hell! LOL...I feell I should be able to make up my own mind and shall be investigating when I get to AZ. What's it like anyways?

Outback rocks, but you're right about the bloating thing....bleugh!

dudleydowg Nov 17th 2003 7:43 am

Del Taco is better, seems to have fresher produce, as for outback steakhouse they open a new restaurant everyweek according to thier website, growing faster than starbucks

doctor scrumpy Nov 17th 2003 11:02 am

We found it was a case of let's go to the Shite house outback after we went. The blooming onion was extremely greasy. Still it is the only place I can eat lamb as Mary Ann hates the thought of the stuff lol.

dudleydowg Nov 17th 2003 11:40 am

Have you tried a chillis restaurant, I was most impressed:)

ladyofthelake Nov 17th 2003 12:59 pm

There are plenty of Outbacks in Florida, bound to be one close to where you'll be. I know of 1 Macaroni Grill, in Tampa, so there's probably plenty of them dotted around too.

Pimpbot Nov 17th 2003 2:48 pm

Does anybody find the outback comercial where the football player is out cold on the field and they wake him up with the smell of their onion blossom, a little distasteful?

Taco Bell is great for a quick cheap snack. Its far from gourmet, but fills a spot. I reccommend Baja Fresh for fast food Mexican. No Freezers in the restuarant, as everything is fresh on the day. It is a little more pricey than your taco bells or dell tacos.

Rockgurl, your coming to the right place if you like Mexican/Tex Mex food. So much so that I have burnt myself out on it in the 4 plus months I've been living here. I've moved onto Italian as my new favorite dish.

Rockgurl Nov 17th 2003 3:27 pm

Originally posted by Pimpbot

Rockgurl, your coming to the right place if you like Mexican/Tex Mex food. So much so that I have burnt myself out on it in the 4 plus months I've been living here. I've moved onto Italian as my new favorite dish.
Nothing can ever replace curry! :( So it's just as well you gave me the address of the Indian restaurant in Phoenix! You rock! :D

smiler125 Nov 17th 2003 6:00 pm

Try the Outback Ribs and chicken mix- my favourite meal
Chillis Mushroom Jack Fajitas comes a close second

Can anyone still get the Chillis carrot cake in their area?

Ash UK/US Nov 17th 2003 7:00 pm

Mmmmm The Olive garden (they are all over the country too) is a must try,,, the chocolate lasagna is to die for :D :D :D

Ash :)

Patrick Nov 17th 2003 7:06 pm

Olive Garden! Outback!

You people need to get out more, there are so many better Italian restaurants than OG and so many better steak houses than Outback (their mash is trash). It may all be subjective but come on, Outback and Olive Garden top of anyones list of top restaurants has to be a joke!

Patrick

Ash UK/US Nov 17th 2003 7:24 pm

Hey Patrick...

Each to their own... I never said anything about it being 'top of a list' although I do really enjoy Olive Garden.

Ash :)

Pimpbot Nov 17th 2003 7:41 pm

I always have the tour of Italy at Olive Garden.

We have a small chain called "Streets of New York" that does fairly good Italian food. And I saw a comercial on TV for Fazolies(sp) the other day and their twice baked lagsagne looked pretty good.

NC Penguin Nov 17th 2003 8:52 pm

Originally posted by Pimpbot
I always have the tour of Italy at Olive Garden.

We have a small chain called "Streets of New York" that does fairly good Italian food. And I saw a comercial on TV for Fazolies(sp) the other day and their twice baked lagsagne looked pretty good.
Why is it twice baked? Didn't they cook it right the first time? :D :D

NC Penguin