Our V

Old Sep 21st 2005, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold
Default Our V

Coronation Street actress Liz Dawn is suffering from the incurable lung disease emphysema, soap bosses have revealed.

The star, who plays Vera Duckworth, has been fighting the disease for the past 18 months.
<snip-copyright and all that...wouldn't happen to have a link instead?>

Last edited by Bob; Sep 21st 2005 at 7:14 pm.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 2:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our V

Originally Posted by doctor scrumpy

Emphysema is one of the most common respiratory diseases in Britain and is usually associated with older people.
You forgot smokers, who are the prime victims of this disease.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
You forgot smokers, who are the prime victims of this disease.
Actually I copied & pasted the report. Have you ever watched the Street ?
Old Sep 21st 2005, 3:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Actually I copied & pasted the report. Have you ever watched the Street ?
Maybe once or twice, but my daughter does all the time. But she is a smoker, right?
Old Sep 21st 2005, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maybe once or twice, but my daughter does all the time. But she is a smoker, right?

Your daughter ? Never met the girl.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 4:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Your daughter ? Never met the girl.
Cute. Anyway, the point I was trying to make, which you somehow turned around, is that people that suffer emphysema are usually smokers. Its a very, very tough disease. Now, any other clever little witty remarks from you?
Old Sep 21st 2005, 4:46 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Cute. Anyway, the point I was trying to make, which you somehow turned around, is that people that suffer emphysema are usually smokers. Its a very, very tough disease. Now, any other clever little witty remarks from you?

It's mostly smokers now, but when London was known as "the Smoke" you could get it just living there. I did both.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
It's mostly smokers now, but when London was known as "the Smoke" you could get it just living there. I did both.
You're showing your age!
Old Sep 21st 2005, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Your posting read as if she deserved to have the disease, or at least it was her own fault.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 5:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Your posting read as if she deserved to have the disease, or at least it was her own fault.
I asked if she was a smoker, is she? If I smoked (which I did when I was younger and stopped about 10 years ago) continuously for the better part of my life, then I should expect to have something happen to me. My sister is a heavy smoker, and I'm always on her about the dangers. She is well aware that she stands a very good chance of either contracting lung cancer or emphysema. Do I feel that she deserves being sick, not emotionally, but physically you can't deny the facts. If you took it differentially, then I'm sorry. But, if you smoke this is what you can expect.

To placate you, I'm sorry an obviously favourite actor of yours is sick. I'm sure she's a very integral part of the show and I know she's been on the show for years. I certainly wish her the best in this dreadful disease.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 5:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

mandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond repute

I asked if she was a smoker, is she? If I smoked (which I did when I was younger and stopped about 10 years ago) continuously for the better part of my life, then I should expect to have something happen to me. My sister is a heavy smoker, and I'm always on her about the dangers. She is well aware that she stands a very good chance of either contracting lung cancer or emphysema. Do I feel that she deserves being sick, not emotionally, but physically you can't deny the facts. If you took it differentially, then I'm sorry. But, if you smoke this is what you can expect.

To placate you, I'm sorry an obviously favourite actor of yours is sick. I'm sure she's a very integral part of the show and I know she's been on the show for years. I certainly wish her the best in this dreadful disease.
Liz Dawn (Vera Duckworth) was a heavy smoker for 40 years but gave up because of a cancer scare. I am very sorry she has the disease but the news didn't surprise me.

I seem to remember Vera always having a ciggie in her mouth when I watched Corrie and I watched almost every episode before moving here.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 7:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Actually she is not a favourite of mine, I occasionally watched the show, just your tone was offensive as ususal.

Bob why the editing again too much power in a little man's hands.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 8:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Actually she is not a favourite of mine, I occasionally watched the show, just your tone was offensive as ususal.

Why? Because I pointed out that cigarette smoking causes emphysema? ffs!
Old Sep 21st 2005, 9:24 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

It seems there is a some what disgruntled reaction to this thread, lets all hold hands and talk about soft fluffy clouds instead!
Old Sep 21st 2005, 9:46 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Read the forum rules before insulting someone, why don't you?

You cannot legally post entire articles or news in the forum without permission from the copyright holder. Even if you attribute the article correctly it is still copyright infringement. Minor fair use excerpts of less than one paragraph or 4 sentences may be used if the content is publically available on the internet. All other forms of inserted content from press releases, newsletters, web pages, or any other copyrighted content placed into messages will be removed without exception. A link to the content is acceptable and appropriate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.