British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Our K1 story at chennai consulate (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/our-k1-story-chennai-consulate-110345/)

shali Aug 9th 2002 4:04 pm

Our K1 story at chennai consulate

First let me thank all the members who stood by me when I needed some help. Thank u all. minxyb, tara, Dale, Jennifer, kimmini, Alpona, Johnson. Sorry If I missed someone..
My fiance went to the interview at chennai consulate on july 25th and the process was like hell. u can read it at http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...threadid=90176

Now the good news. My fiance went to the consulate for the second time on Aug 8th. Consulate wanted my passport pages. I faxed the pages to my fiance as soon as I came to know about it.
Well He was in by 8.00 AM they took the faxed pages from him and his passport and at about 9:50 AM some one approached him and said "You can go now, you will get your passport in courier with in two days. My Fiance didn't ask them whether he got the visa or not he just slipped out thanking God that they didn't put him thru the torture again.
We waited 36 hours not knowing whether he got the visa or not. and Finally on Friday aug 9th evening by 6:00pm(indian time) a man delivered the courier package. My fiance opened the package and saw that he got the Visa. YAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!. :) :)
This is the next best thing happened in our lives after the engagement. We will be together in few days.
During the intial interview i was furious about the way the consulate people(especially indian woman) treated him. I wanted to complain so badly. But now that we got visa I almost lost the motivation to complain against them.
People who are still waiting. Keep faith and some patience. They will eventually issue the visa.

ralph Aug 9th 2002 5:50 pm

Re: Our K1 story at chennai consulate

This is precisely what the folks who went thru' this fire, brime and stone ordeal were trying to tell you.

You must suddenly feel posititve about the whole thing. I am sure you will join the others and extend the same encouragement you rec'd, to other potential candidates who haven't a clue as to what they may be up against.

K-1 Visas are rarely refused. That is not to say that the consulates would make it easier for everyone across the board. Perhaps they may have their reason, or perhaps not.
But it is their prerogative. Unfair? - you bet it is.

Some K-1 recepients invite unnecessary hardships upon themselves by throwing the weight of their attorneys, Congressman, Senators, White House... & what not, thus attacking an already anal consulate to a very defensive posture.

congratulations on your approval.

ralph

Originally posted by shali

People who are still waiting. Keep faith and some patience. They will eventually issue the visa. [/B]

Kimmini Aug 9th 2002 9:27 pm

Hey, that's great news!! I was wondering yesterday if we'd hear anymore about your fiance's 2nd trip to the consulate, thanks for keeping us updated. For some reason, I feel a sense of relief as well.. :)

I wish your fiance a safe trip to Oregon. My husband and I will be leaving for Idaho in 2 weeks.. :)

Kimmini

:PARTY:

Jennifer Aug 9th 2002 10:55 pm

shali <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > First let me thank all the members who stood by me when I needed some help. Thank u
    > all. minxyb, tara, Dale, Jennifer, kimmini, Alpona, Johnson. Sorry If I missed
    > someone..

SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! Just enjoy you're success...breathe again...and you'll see your
love in a few days. Take care & enjoy!

Jennifer & Peter US/NL

> My fiance went to the interview at chennai consulate on july 25th and the process
    > was like hell. u can read it at http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=901-
    > 76

> Now the good news. My fiance went to the consulate for the second time
    > on Aug 8th. Consulate wanted my passport pages. I faxed the pages to my
    > fiance as soon as I came to know about it. Well He was in by 8.00 AM
    > they took the faxed pages from him and his passport and at about 9:50
    > AM some one approached him and said "You can go now, you will get your
    > passport in courier with in two days. My Fiance didn't ask them whether
    > he got the visa or not he just slipped out thanking God that they
    > didn't put him thru the torture again. We waited 36 hours not knowing
    > whether he got the visa or not. and Finally on Friday aug 9th evening
    > by 6:00pm(indian time) a man delivered the courier package. My fiance
    > opened the package and saw that he got the Visa.
    > YAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!. :) :) This is the next best thing happened
    > in our lives after the engagement. We will be together in few days.
    > During the intial interview i was furious about the way the consulate
    > people(especially indian woman) treated him. I wanted to complain so
    > badly. But now that we got visa I almost lost the motivation to
    > complain against them. People who are still waiting. Keep faith and
    > some patience. They will eventually issue the visa.

Ranjini Aug 10th 2002 2:31 am

Congratulations, Shali. Way to go :D
Ranjini

Alpona Aug 10th 2002 12:41 pm

Congrats to both you and your fiance!!I wish you much happiness! Regards, alpona

tara Aug 13th 2002 5:06 pm

Re: Re: Our K1 story at chennai consulate

Congratulations Shali and fiance! This was good news to see. Welcome to the rest of your lives.

Best wishes,