Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Our I-129 has been approved!

Our I-129 has been approved!

Old Aug 2nd 2012, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

CA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond repute
Default Our I-129 has been approved!

Haven't posted for weeks as have had nothing to update but are very excited that after weeks and weeks of back and forth and tense waits and liaising with my husbands employer over in NJ and the immigration lawyer, we found out late last night our I-129 (L1A) has been approved. We were on premium processing and our 15 day cut off was 8th August so we were proccessed quickly. The instructions say that further information is being mailed out so we're just waiting to see what that says but assuming next step is to book our appointment at the embassy for interview and hopefully get visas approved.

Our house is sold in the UK, we have quotes in from Crown and Britannia for shipping, once we get visas, we intend to decide on a final date to move, book flights, book shipping and make final preparations for the big move. All happening now!

Still using these boards to research all manner of things, been a huge help.
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 10:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our I-129 has been approved!

Woohoo!! Congratulations on that and good luck with the move, I'm sure it's all going to fall into place
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 11:09 am
Just Joined

Steve2.0 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats - sounds like we are at similar stages.
Waiting on approval (premium processing) but interestingly we received a provisional interview date at about the same time the application went in, meaning if no RFE requests occur we're off to our interview in just over a week from now....

Will concur that this forum has been and will continue to be a huge help with loads of invaluable advice.

Steve
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

CA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve2.0
we received a provisional interview date at about the same time the application went in
I don't think we got that option, or maybe the lawyer just didn't mention it. We're waiting to see exactly what the information is with the approval paperwork, not entirely sure what the next steps are. Good luck with yours!
Old Aug 4th 2012, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

Update: We've booked our embassy interview for 22nd August and we're going to Belfast rather than London. We were quite surprised to be given the two options but as we're in south Scotland, it's actually quite easy for us to get boat over to NI. Paid our processing feee over the phone. Anyone have anything to add on attending interview in Belfast? Can't find too much on boards, most folks seem to be London. Another step closer!