Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

OT - users names.

OT - users names.

Old Jul 26th 2002, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of
Default OT - users names.

I know this is a serious news group however I wonder sometimes
how some of you chose your usernames/nicnames.
There are some odd/unusual ones !!
Mines simple - It's my name ;o)

Good luck to all and keep "asking away"

Roger
Old Jul 26th 2002, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

smartiegirl88 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT - users names.

My user name comes from smarties chocolate in UK. There was a really colourful ad on tv one time and I loved it, so I have used smartie ever since for e-mail and user names. Of course, I am also ridiculously smart!! (ya ha ha if it was only true I would have never decided to mess with the INS!) The girl is because, well, I am a girl! And the 88 is from the number 8 being lucky for Chinese people.....

So there you go
Old Jul 26th 2002, 5:20 pm
M1nn0w

I used to travel extensively (Business) and one of the places I frequented very often
was Atlanta and the surrounding area. The people I met there would kiddingly refer to
me as "li'l Fish" because if you say you want a bucket of my Last name in any Bait
and Tackle shop you will get a bucket of Minnows. I needed an Internet Nick quickly
and having just returned from Atlanta..............

John & Deb Can/Am '98

Old Jul 26th 2002, 7:43 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Here on the NG I use my legitimate nickname which was given to me by friends when I was just a little tyke. Like Rita is a long and complicated name to say so they had to shorten it. I was known as Ri or Rete.

But online my chat name and name used for other internet activities is Whatgives. It is an expression from my generation and is a great ice breaker when you want to get someone to start talking, particularly about themselves.

For the NG, I didn't want to hide behind a nick as I feel that if I were brave enough to venture an answer to someone's question, than I should stand up and allow others to know me as a person rather than as a catchy nick. That was my feeling at least. I also always let my real e-mail addy be known until someone on the NG decided that flooding me with hate mail and viruses was the kick of the lifetime for them.

Rete a/k/a Rita a/k/a The BITCH a/k/a Queen Mother of Nag a/k/a Whatgives
Old Jul 26th 2002, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

Camerican is an unknown quantity at this point

I think my username is obvious: The kids and I are Canadian/American so we call ourselves Camericans
Old Jul 26th 2002, 11:20 pm
Morkai Kurst

I have played roleplaying games like Dungeons and Dragons and more recently the
online games for several years. When I was looking for a character name a jewish
friend of mind told me that Morkai was the wolf who guarded the gates of hel in
the hebrew mythos. Wether this is true or not I have never been able to verify but
I liked the name and the wolf has long been a totem animal of mine. Its connection
to a character in a R.A Salvatore novel was purely coincidence. I had read the
book but didn't remember the character untill someone mentioned it and I went back
and checked.

Kurst is the surname my partner has always used for his main character and when our
characters got married ingame (awwww I took on Kurst as Morkai's surname.

I've been using the name for about 5 years on the net now and the character long ago
became an extension of me, being the honorable warrior that has always been a part of
my soul. Such that most of my friends call me Morkai (or Morky) these days instead of
Victoria. I never really liked my real name anyhow, always brings back memories of
childhood, I only ever got called Victoria when I had done something wrong and was
being yelled at

The only downside is that so many people think I'm male. When I was playing online
text adventures (muds) people would be shocked to find out I was actually female..
Even the reply I got back from a programming company recently when I enquired about
one of their products was headed Dear Mr Kurst.

Morkai

"rogerpenycate" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I know this is a serious news group however I wonder sometimes how some of you
    > chose your usernames/nicnames. There are some odd/unusual ones !! Mines simple -
    > It's my name ;o)
    >
    > Good luck to all and keep "asking away"
    >
    > Roger
    >
    >
    >
    > --

Old Jul 26th 2002, 11:20 pm
Mrtravel

Camerican wrote:
    >
    > I think my username is obvious: The kids and I are Canadian/American so we call
    > ourselves Camericans

Oh... I thought it was California-American

Old Jul 27th 2002, 12:20 am
Dave And Emily

I always used to use 'Mister Heartbreak' online and in newsgroup posts, because
it's the title of a Laurie Anderson CD that I liked very much (nothing to do with
my romantic involvements, I can assure you - although a lot of people in
chatrooms used to ask "How many hearts have you broken today?" or "Are you going
to break my heart?").

Dave.

Old Jul 27th 2002, 1:20 am
Mrs_blackross

my current nick is actually kinda stolen, though for the first few years I was online
I went by "brunette" (and still do in some corners of the net, mainly on
smartasses.org) ...my husband has been using the nick "Blackross" (originally from a
comic book) for about 10 years. several years ago, one of his friends started calling
him Dr. Blackross because of all the useless stuff he knew/knows, and because of how
fast he picks up on stuff. When I met hubby online, that's how I knew him. always
called him "Doc" and we were close friends. After we met (in RL) and were just
starting to "date", he dared me to join his favourite chat room as "Mrs_Blackross". I
guess they all knew him as some great bachelor, and they got a kick out of "the doc"
having a "mrs". The name stuck, so I kept it.

I don't really like my real name anyways.

Old Jul 27th 2002, 2:21 am
Michael D. Youn

rogerpenycate wrote:

> I know this is a serious news group however I wonder sometimes how some of you
    > chose your usernames/nicnames. There are some odd/unusual ones !! Mines simple -
    > It's my name ;o)
    >
    > Good luck to all and keep "asking away"
    >
    > Roger
    >
    > --

It was my mother and father's idea. LOL

Evan Audette

My current name is of course, my real name. However, I run a few websites and I'm a
chat administrator for a graphical chat called "Wolfhome". My wife and are are big
Tolkien fans, so naturally one day we picked up the Simillarion (spelling?) and
came up with an "elvish" name: Ethuil which means "North" (In canada, up north,
just figured it fit, LOL). Ethuil is the name I used on Google, and on most of my
online chats.

P.S. Canmerican -> My wife and friends started dubbing me an "Americandian" as well,
same thing, different slant to it :-P

-Ev

Evan Audette

Whoops. Spelling mistake "Americandian" should be "Americanadian" :-P

Old Jul 27th 2002, 3:20 am
Mrs_blackross

LMAO

"Michael D. Young" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > rogerpenycate wrote:
    >
    > > I know this is a serious news group however I wonder sometimes how some of you
    > > chose your usernames/nicnames. There are some odd/unusual ones !! Mines simple -
    > > It's my name ;o)
    > >
    > > Good luck to all and keep "asking away"
    > >
    > > Roger
    > >
    > > --
    >
    > It was my mother and father's idea. LOL

Old Jul 27th 2002, 4:32 am
BE Enthusiast

tara is an unknown quantity at this point

Tara is the Buddhist goddess of compassion. i am merely tara.

The myth of the White Tara began when she showed up as the tear of Avalokiteshvara, also known as Chenzereng, who the Dali Lama is a reincarnation of. She appeared when Avalokiteshvara, the Buddha of all Buddhas, moved into a state of compassion~~~when his mind and his heart met in wisdom~~~ and the suffering he saw because the the lack of this balance, made him cry. Then he could see Her~~~or it is said she appeared.

That is who Tara is, the compassion expressed in that tear. The tear cleared the eye to see her, and She became the expression of compassion.

There are innumerable manifestations of Tara, as many as beings require, but her most famous are the peaceful White Tara, who brings protection, long life and peace; and the dynamic Green Tara, who overcomes obstacles and saves beings in dangerous situations."

To Tara, compassion differs slightly from love. Love wants others to be happy, while compassion wants them to not have pain, problems or unhappiness. Love comes from appreciating others' kindness, or just respecting them as fellow beings, whereas compassion comes from realizing that they suffer.

Tara's vowed to remain in female form until all living beings attain enlightenment (or obtain visa's).

Photos of tara's journey's http://photos.yahoo.com/judithanab
The album "tara's photo's" is open...do a slide show.
Old Jul 27th 2002, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

RickQ is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine is just my first name and initial of my surname.

I do have some other names which I go by in chat and stuff sometimes, but like Rete, I figure that if I am going to be talking to people and asking/answering questions I don't feel the need to hide anything.

Rick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.