Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

OT: Desperate "Cut From Immigration Thread As Irrelevant to Topic"

OT: Desperate "Cut From Immigration Thread As Irrelevant to Topic"

Old Feb 10th 2007, 12:04 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Desperate

Originally Posted by Ray
Why do people think the crime rate is lower here ..it far exceeds the UK ..
and we all have guns ..
Speak for yourself!

NC Penguin
Old Feb 10th 2007, 12:04 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Elvira
Feed them to the lions at the zoo!
Sp4nk yourself!
Old Feb 10th 2007, 12:05 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chriscja
Hi Guys

Im trying to get into the US to live and am from England with a HNC in Computing (Just below a US degree) but I am having very little luck finding a way to get a greencard. Does anyone know how I can get in

I dont understand why its so hard being that im qualified and a real hard worker. (not a bum) lol.

Any advice at all would be appreciated

Thanks

Chris
I'm curious as to why you think a British HNC is below a US degree. An HNC may be just below a US associate's degree IMHO.

NC Penguin
Old Feb 10th 2007, 12:06 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally
Sp4nk yourself!
Why would I want to do that if I can get someone... - oh never mind

Old Feb 10th 2007, 2:28 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Speak for yourself!
NC Penguin
And how many are there in your house now???? ...
Old Feb 10th 2007, 4:18 am
Joe Feise

chriscja wrote on 02/09/07 13:52:

>> I hear it's gotten really bad with immigrants?
>
> Yea quite bad the whole of Kent especially where I am is full of Eastern
> Europeans who dont speak a word of English.

And you really think that's so different here?
There are areas in this country where people don't speak English, either.
Let's see, here in SoCal we have lots of people who speak Spanish, in particular
the South-American variant, only. We have little Saigon, where you won't find
any English shop signs, either, we have Koreatown, with the same thing. One of
my Korean friends once invited us to a Korean BBQ (very good, btw) in Koreatown,
and she had to translate between us white guys and the waitress...
And then there are the Brits and Aussies with their funny accents ;-)
Living in the US is quite a different thing than being on vacation in Florida...

-Joe

Old Feb 10th 2007, 4:24 am
Joe Feise

TruBrit wrote on 02/09/07 14:15:

>> Why do people think the crime rate is lower here ..it far exceeds the
>> UK ..
>> and we all have guns ..
>
> it's the land of the free raymundo, streets paved with gold and all
> that, they don't worry or think about the crime here for some
> bizarre reason.

They didn't see that during their vacation in Daytona Beach...
They seem to think that Baywatch depicts real life ;-) Scantily-clad women
everywhere ;-)

Old Feb 10th 2007, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

Leeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't know that, but over this side the drivers are so courteous, they also must have the olde worlde charm. Also every merchant is so helpful, and speaketh the Queen's English making all transactions a pure pleasure.
Sally hi!

Chris you'd do well down here in good ol' Alabama, USA. There's plenty of young ladies here who can't get loans or buy cars unless they have a male co-signer, I'm sure you'd be in much demand!
Old Feb 15th 2007, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

celine_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of light

No jobs, really rude people and high crime rate...
if your think moving aborad is going to solve your problems than think again, you complain about immigrants, how do you think you'll feel when your an immigrant in some else's country, just move to another part of England if u need a job
Old Feb 15th 2007, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

HappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to all

Originally Posted by TruBrit
i'll flog you mine for a good price, just renewed it for another 10 yrs
How can this add value to the poor sods plight to get Stateside - you're no True Brit - you've been Texanized...
Old Feb 15th 2007, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

HappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to all

[QUOTE=chriscja;4383717]Wow small world... im in Thanet as well unfortunately

and I'm from Folkestone.... Every year I go back to my old stomping ground ..... every year I get more depressed - I think it went downhill when all the ruffians took over the town in the mid to late 80's when contract companies came in to build the Channel Tunnel. But I digress.

Another option is to work for an international company. I know someone who worked in London for Reuters. Then he applied for a job over in the States and they transferred him - took care of everything.
Old Feb 15th 2007, 6:07 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HappyHammer

and I'm from Folkestone.... Every year I go back to my old stomping ground ..... every year I get more depressed - I think it went downhill when all the ruffians took over the town in the mid to late 80's when contract companies came in to build the Channel Tunnel. But I digress.
I used to do really odd things in Cheriton, but I digress as well
Old Feb 15th 2007, 6:46 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quite a few Anericans in Surrey, Chobham and surrounding area. There is an American School there.

I remember cycling from London to Dover and we went up the hill just outside Folkestone, not nice.

Saw Venus at the weekend, very good - North Kent featured. Including a Pub I have been in.
Old Feb 15th 2007, 7:49 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Desperate

[QUOTE=HappyHammer;4408749]
Another option is to work for an international company. I know someone who worked in London for Reuters. Then he applied for a job over in the States and they transferred him - took care of everything.
Do you know my husband then?
Old Feb 15th 2007, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Englishmum;4409087]
Originally Posted by HappyHammer

Do you know my husband then?
Don't think so - my mate at Reuters -
a. he's shacking up with an American girl
b. he's not married ---------- at least that's what he told me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.