British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Orlando holiday from Aus (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/orlando-holiday-aus-592908/)

nightnurse2 Feb 21st 2009 1:37 am

Orlando holiday from Aus

Hi Guys,
Just booked flights to Orlando for June to take the kids to Disney World from Perth. I'm meeting my parents from the UK!
Just wanted to know if anyone has got any hints and tips to make the most of the holiday? We'll be there for 2 weeks.
My boys are 12 and 9.
Thanks, Tracey

rebs Feb 21st 2009 1:59 am

Re: Orlando holiday from Aus

Check out this website/forum - http://www.wdisneyw.com/forums/

I've used this when we've visited in the past and it's been great for hints/tips etc.

Have a great holiday!

nightnurse2 Feb 21st 2009 2:51 am

Thanks for that, will take a look :)

scrubbedexpat097 Feb 21st 2009 3:27 am

Originally Posted by nightnurse2 (Post 7306696)
Hi Guys,
Just booked flights to Orlando for June to take the kids to Disney World from Perth. I'm meeting my parents from the UK!
Just wanted to know if anyone has got any hints and tips to make the most of the holiday? We'll be there for 2 weeks.
My boys are 12 and 9.
Thanks, Tracey

You know it is mandatory to visit Ray when you go to Florida. We all know he loves "dingos";):p

Sorry can't give you any help, but I'm sure you will have a lovely time and it will great to see your folks as well. Have fun:thumbsup:

Ray Feb 21st 2009 3:46 am

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma (Post 7306837)
You know it is mandatory to visit Ray when you go to Florida. We all know he loves "dingos";):p

Sorry can't give you any help, but I'm sure you will have a lovely time and it will great to see your folks as well. Have fun:thumbsup:

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

scrubbedexpat097 Feb 21st 2009 3:53 am

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 7306859)
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

:lol: I guess I wont be welcome now either;)

Ray Feb 21st 2009 3:57 am

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma (Post 7306864)
:lol: I guess I wont be welcome now either;)

You can sit on my knee ..lol

scrubbedexpat097 Feb 21st 2009 4:00 am

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 7306868)
You can sit on my knee ..lol

:eek:You'll never stand again..

Might see you later this year. Planning a bike road trip and Florida is a possibility;)

Ray Feb 21st 2009 4:08 am

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma (Post 7306872)
:eek:You'll never stand again..

Might see you later this year. Planning a bike road trip and Florida is a possibility;)

Look forward to it ....

g1ant Feb 21st 2009 5:09 am

Hi Guys,
Just wanted to know if anyone has got any hints and tips to make the most of the holiday?
Thanks, Tracey

Buy an umbrella and get ready for humidity.

meauxna Feb 21st 2009 4:51 pm

Hi Guys,

How fun!

There is a new travel clearance you need for the US. You can do it online, much like the Australian pre-clearance.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=583018

lisa67 Feb 21st 2009 8:24 pm

Hi Guys,
My boys are 12 and 9.
Thanks, Tracey

The way we have "done Disney" in the past is to make sure we get to the park we want to visit early and stay as long as we can into the afternoon without killing ourselves. Then either go back to the hotel/villa for a break and then return to the park in the evening or if you have a multi pass go and visit one of the water parks. Try not to do too much all in one day..you'll wear yourselves out. If you're planning to eat in the park eat early to avoid as much of the queues as poss.
Have fun...you're kids will have a blast and you'll thoroughly enjoy watching them have fun!:)

nightnurse2 Feb 22nd 2009 12:17 am

Thanks for the help guys :)

Ray, get the kettle on ;)

Ray Feb 22nd 2009 2:10 am

Originally Posted by nightnurse2 (Post 7309076)
Thanks for the help guys :)

Ray, get the kettle on ;)

At least your a nurse .. you can check my pulse ..