orlando

Old Nov 19th 2007, 1:54 am
Just Joined

robert76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default orlando

hi folks

decision is made off to orlando in dec

in the process of organising a place. renting seems the way to go and from my initial enquires having no job/credit rating doesnt seem to be a problem providing your willing to commit to a year. looking at lake mary area anyone got any opinions etc? any good pint bars in that neck of the woods? i know its a long shot but anyone on here know if theres any local rogby clubs in the orlando area?

Old Nov 19th 2007, 1:56 am
Forum Regular

kittie1823 is a name known to allkittie1823 is a name known to allkittie1823 is a name known to allkittie1823 is a name known to allkittie1823 is a name known to allkittie1823 is a name known to allkittie1823 is a name known to allkittie1823 is a name known to allkittie1823 is a name known to allkittie1823 is a name known to allkittie1823 is a name known to all
Default Re: orlando

Originally Posted by robert76
hi folks

in the process of organising a place. renting seems the way to go and from my initial enquires having no job/credit rating doesnt seem to be a problem providing your willing to commit to a year. looking at lake mary area anyone got any opinions etc? any good pint bars in that neck of the woods? i know its a long shot but anyone on here know if theres any local rogby clubs in the orlando area?

Do you have all your visa requirements fulfilled? No point in organising anything until that criteria is completed
Old Nov 19th 2007, 2:04 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by kittie1823
Do you have all your visa requirements fulfilled? No point in organising anything until that criteria is completed
hi kittie

yep won a card in the lottery had forgot all about it started a biz etc and then out of the blue a email arrived telling me i was good to go
between all the toin and froin ive decided to go figure i can always come back to this if things dont work out.

happy days
Old Nov 19th 2007, 2:06 am
Forum Regular

kittie1823 is a name known to allkittie1823 is a name known to allkittie1823 is a name known to allkittie1823 is a name known to allkittie1823 is a name known to allkittie1823 is a name known to allkittie1823 is a name known to allkittie1823 is a name known to allkittie1823 is a name known to allkittie1823 is a name known to allkittie1823 is a name known to all

hi kittie

yep won a card in the lottery had forgot all about it started a biz etc and then out of the blue a email arrived telling me i was good to go
between all the toin and froin ive decided to go figure i can always come back to this if things dont work out.

happy days
Nice- lucky you! There's a lot of people on this planet who would kill to take your place
Old Nov 19th 2007, 11:57 am
Just Joined

tetleystea is just really nicetetleystea is just really nicetetleystea is just really nicetetleystea is just really nicetetleystea is just really nicetetleystea is just really nicetetleystea is just really nicetetleystea is just really nice

There is a Forum called - http://www.***********.org/forum - it's mainly about immigration - however, it is based in Orlando and most of the posters are Brits and a lot of the posters live in and around Orlando. They have a monthly meeting so would probably be a good place to get advice and meet other Brits.

Good luck in your new life.

Oh - aren't we allowed to post websites. Please PM me if you want to know the web address.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 2:00 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tetleystea
Oh - aren't we allowed to post websites. Please PM me if you want to know the web address.
I think it's just that website -- yes I know which one it is. Full of British Daily Mail readers worshiping Enoch Powell from Florida on E-2 visas as far as I can see.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

firtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nice

hi folks

Lake Mary is pretty upscale as it is next to Heathrow, a very expensive housing development..I believe Michael Jackson has a home there, or had. You will have a fairly easy commute to Orlando down I-4, going West. Sanford is right up the road, I-4 East, where you have a nice Mall to check out. Dunno about pint pubs though. Seminole County is a rising star so of course the taxes are high. Oh and you also get the greenway, toll road, for your easy way to get to OIA (Orlando International Airport). You should do alright there. HTH

Firtreesix
Old Nov 20th 2007, 4:16 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

Take a look at city-data.com/forums and check the Florida sections. It's not Brits but people moving from city to city and a lot of chatter about where to live/where not to live.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 4:13 am
Just Joined

Gash66 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi folks

There is a web-site for Florida Rugby Union (google will get you there)...shows Orlando in the mix. Are you looking at playing or watching? Those guys (and girls) can probably tell you where the pint bars are.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 4:14 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

What are you looking for in a city?

If you can imagine living in Ibiza only with less booze and more crime, Orlando might be your spot.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

thanks for all the responses

found that website will give them a shout plan on playin im 31 so theres a bit of life in the oul dog yet.

figure orlando as its the right side of the country for flights home ppl visitin etc plus i could do with the sunshine west coast ireland get a hellava lot of pissy weather.
been there a few times too so have a fair idea what its like. gun crime seems to have gone bananas. been checkin out orlando sentinel online and there interactive guide to crime from what i can see as long as i dont start dealing drugs or messin round with an other fellas lady i should be safe enough

no state tax is a plus too. rent seems about the same here but you get a lot more house for the money in nice areas like lake mary. cars are feic all although i did get a few motor insurance quotes online and there nothing cheap there.

i know every city has its good and bad but what i would like is

hot weather
access to sea/lakes for boating
plenty of active things to do(get enough culture at home)
good nite life
low cost of living
nice place for the family and friends to visit with loads of things for them to do when they getting on my nerves
low crime
job opps

orlando seems to tick the boxes bar the last two but you cant have everything. san diego was running a close second but the cost of living is huge and its a fair haul to get to.

robert

Last edited by robert76; Nov 21st 2007 at 8:32 pm. Reason: correction
Old Nov 21st 2007, 9:38 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

is

hot weather
access to sea/lakes for boating
plenty of active things to do(get enough culture at home)
good nite life
low cost of living
nice place for the family and friends to visit with loads of things for them to do when they getting on my nerves
low crime
job opps
Are you in for surprise ...I live 100 miles from there
and thats too close
Old Nov 21st 2007, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ray
Are you in for surprise ...I live 100 miles from there
and thats too close
i love suprises

Last edited by robert76; Nov 21st 2007 at 10:23 pm.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 10:21 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

i'll have to get tooled up so
Most of us are ...
Old Nov 21st 2007, 10:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ray
Most of us are ...

well i guess theres alway a catch

that interactive map makes for interesting readin although all the gun crime seems to happen in the same areas in orlando. pine hills etc i guess like any city a common sense approach should keep ya out of trouble

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.