British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   ordering from M&S... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/ordering-m-s-452964/)

Sophia_S May 24th 2007 8:25 pm

ordering from M&S...

Well....what a total b@lls-up?!...I ordered a couple of things for my mums birthday on 13th May,should've been there on 12th.....but no!...waited until tuesday,and called the customer service,they looked the order up and said they were sorry but there had been a computer glich with my order!...they will be delivered by midnight last night......but no!...called again today and they said the problem would be sorted out and the items delivered....but I said 'no' and I cancelled the whole order....I'll send a little something from here instead.....
Anyone else had the same problem?,or is it just that I'm cursed?!....Sophia:huh:

Jerseygirl May 24th 2007 8:47 pm

Re: ordering from M&S...

Originally Posted by Sophia_S (Post 4827398)
Well....what a total b@lls-up?!...I ordered a couple of things for my mums birthday on 13th May,should've been there on 12th.....but no!...waited until tuesday,and called the customer service,they looked the order up and said they were sorry but there had been a computer glich with my order!...they will be delivered by midnight last night......but no!...called again today and they said the problem would be sorted out and the items delivered....but I said 'no' and I cancelled the whole order....I'll send a little something from here instead.....
Anyone else had the same problem?,or is it just that I'm cursed?!....Sophia:huh:

I used to send flowers for Christmas and birthdays...some complained that the flowers were like a bunch of weeds. My MIL took hers into her nearest store and got a replacement.

I would write to their head office and complain...bet you get a voucher. ;)

Mallory May 24th 2007 9:03 pm

sorry about that Sophia, but there again when you have a birthday on the 13th you've got to expect SOME bad luck!

NC Penguin May 24th 2007 9:25 pm

Order from Waitrose. I hear they're very good with online orders.

Irn-bru May 24th 2007 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 4827500)
I used to send flowers for Christmas and birthdays...some complained that the flowers were like a bunch of weeds.

Thanks for the heads up I was going to choose M&S for flowers as their in store flowers were always fresh and good value. Won't do it now :thumbup:

Sophia_S May 24th 2007 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by Irn-bru (Post 4827736)
Thanks for the heads up I was going to choose M&S for flowers as their in store flowers were always fresh and good value. Won't do it now :thumbup:

Whenever I've sent flowers I always get online and find a local florists (near my family) then phone them and order the flowers that way....my family have always been thrilled with the flowers....thats what I was going to get for my mum again this year ,but I thought I'd get her something she could keep.....I'll stick with flowers in future!.....Sophia:blink:

Jerseygirl May 24th 2007 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by Irn-bru (Post 4827736)

It was 8 yrs ago...so maybe they've changed their supplier.

Deedee13 May 25th 2007 12:22 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 4827951)
It was 8 yrs ago...so maybe they've changed their supplier.

flowers are for dead people

Jerseygirl May 25th 2007 12:24 am

Originally Posted by Deedee13 (Post 4828172)

what use are flowers when you are dead?

leonatlanta May 25th 2007 2:14 am

Originally Posted by NC Penguin (Post 4827660)
Order from Waitrose. I hear they're very good with online orders.

what a great idea!!! :thumbsup: seriously i've never thought of that. but can i import food stuff just for me and family? like food etc?

britvic May 25th 2007 2:30 am

Originally Posted by Deedee13 (Post 4828172)

So you dont like Flowers or you dont get Flowers :p

franc11s May 25th 2007 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by britvic (Post 4828424)
So you dont like Flowers or you dont get Flowers :p

They will get some then ..... One day :)

Mallory May 25th 2007 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by leonatlanta (Post 4828400)
what a great idea!!! :thumbsup: seriously i've never thought of that. but can i import food stuff just for me and family? like food etc?

there is a World Market in Kennesaw. you can get some stuff there.

NC Penguin May 26th 2007 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by leonatlanta (Post 4828400)

I was referring to online ordering in the UK. I don't know if Waitrose will deliver outside the UK. Check on the website.