Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Ordering furniture from NC - saving lots of $$$

Ordering furniture from NC - saving lots of $$$

Old Aug 30th 2003, 2:02 am
Maltesers, Flake, Mars

kazzuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ordering furniture from NC - saving lots of $$$

I am about to order some furniture from NC direct from one of the factory outlets. Has anyone else gone through this process? I am saving over $2000 by ordering direct!!
Old Aug 30th 2003, 2:52 am
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Ordering furniture from NC - saving lots of $$$

Originally posted by kazzuk
I am about to order some furniture from NC direct from one of the factory outlets. Has anyone else gone through this process? I am saving over $2000 by ordering direct!!
Can you go into more detail please? Like where is NC direct? Do they have a showroom or do you order from a website or catalog? What types and quality of furniture do they have?
Old Aug 30th 2003, 3:00 am
Maltesers, Flake, Mars

kazzuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Hebapotamus42
Can you go into more detail please? Like where is NC direct? Do they have a showroom or do you order from a website or catalog? What types and quality of furniture do they have?
I mean from North Carolina, it is where most of the furniture manufacturers are located. I bought a book called "The Furniture Factory Outlet Guide" it lists all of the factories. A very good site to find your furniture is www.furniturelandsouth.com Once you have found a piece that you like, note down the reference number and manufacturer (they are all top manufacturers like Stanley, Lane, Thomasville etc) phone a few of the outlets for prices. They will ship it direct to you. You usually pay 50% with order and the balance when it is ready for shipping.

Hope this helps
Old Aug 30th 2003, 3:11 am
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of

Originally posted by kazzuk
I mean from North Carolina, it is where most of the furniture manufacturers are located. I bought a book called "The Furniture Factory Outlet Guide" it lists all of the factories. A very good site to find your furniture is www.furniturelandsouth.com Once you have found a piece that you like, note down the reference number and manufacturer (they are all top manufacturers like Stanley, Lane, Thomasville etc) phone a few of the outlets for prices. They will ship it direct to you. You usually pay 50% with order and the balance when it is ready for shipping.

Hope this helps

Thank you for the clarification. Their furniture is actually very lovely. I'll definitely keep this in mind as an option when I start furniture-shopping.
Old Aug 30th 2003, 8:02 pm
Old Southern Belle

gemini is an unknown quantity at this point

We purchased furniture from NC both from Hickory and High Point. Be sure and check the delivery charges as sometimes those costs will eat away at the savings you made on the purchase price.