Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Ordering Checks in the US?

Ordering Checks in the US?

Old Jan 10th 2005, 6:55 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ordering Checks in the US?

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Oh, you're not leading me into that one! As a male of moderate age, I have enough experience and bruises not to go down that path.
I believe the comparison so far is with Rete, Leslie66 and Ray's wife. See earlier posts in this thread and make your call.
You be careful ..you are talking to and about women that will hunt you down like a dog and deal with you with extreme prejudice...
Old Jan 10th 2005, 6:57 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Definitely NOT true...
Think I'd put this in the "Avoid Citi Bank" category rather than "Avoid Bill Pay" one! Plenty of banks to choose from, and competition keeps them on their feet.
Old Jan 10th 2005, 6:58 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
You be careful ..you are talking to and about women that will hunt you down like a dog and deal with you with extreme prejudice...
Ray's got a point. I think you'll find that Leslie66's not as old as you think. She may be offended at being lumped in the same category as Rete and Ray's wife too! Just a friendly warning.

NC Penguin
Old Jan 10th 2005, 6:59 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
And what's wrong with being a more mature woman?
Old Jan 10th 2005, 7:19 pm
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

nothing if you are in that catergory
take ray's advice
Old Jan 10th 2005, 7:21 pm
Septicity

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Ray's got a point. I think you'll find that Leslie66's not as old as you think. She may be offended at being lumped in the same category as Rete and Ray's wife too! Just a friendly warning.

NC Penguin
I estimated Leslie from the wisdom, maturity and worldly experience of her copious posts. Surely no harm there?
Old Jan 10th 2005, 7:21 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Seems to be thing for the more mature woman then!
Hey!!

I don't know if writing checks is any better than EFT. I just find it easier to keep my own records if I have hardcopies of everything. Personal preference.... though I do pay a couple of recurring bills using EFT.

I do a lot of shopping (go to the grocery 3-4 times a week) and I always write checks. I also pay most of my bills with checks.

I suppose I'm archaic after all.....
Old Jan 10th 2005, 7:25 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking as one, not a thing, but methinks that Leslie has got awhile before she evens sees 40............., just a slip of a girl she is.
Old Jan 10th 2005, 7:26 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I've been called worse. I'm in good company with Rete and Joyce.
Old Jan 10th 2005, 7:28 pm
Septicity

Originally Posted by Leslie66
I've been called worse. I'm in good company with Rete and Joyce.
A perfectly pleasant place to be, I would think! Don't know why Norm thought it might offend you?
Old Jan 10th 2005, 7:41 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Speaking as one, not a thing, but methinks that Leslie has got awhile before she evens sees 40............., just a slip of a girl she is.
Oh stop!!

(well you could stop if you really wanted to, but if you don't want to I certainly won't pressure you. )
Old Jan 10th 2005, 7:48 pm
WTF?

A perfectly pleasant place to be, I would think! Don't know why Norm thought it might offend you?
She knows I have a hair-trigger.....anything can set me off.
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin

NC Penguin

Excuse me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And just what category is Joyce and I in, pray tell.

We are certainly not in the Over-The-Hill Gang quite yet and while we can't do battle with the 20 somethings for the cover of Sports Illustrated don't count either of us out for holding our own in a single's atmosphere with any over the age of 35 year olds in the crowd.

I may have been around a block or two but there is a still the rest of the world I have to cover before I can be called old.

Rete

Last edited by Rete; Jan 10th 2005 at 7:50 pm.
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
Oh stop!!
(well you could stop if you really wanted to, but if you don't want to I certainly won't pressure you. )
Your 38.6 years old ......a mere kid...
Old Jan 10th 2005, 7:49 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by Rete
Excuse me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And just what category is Joyce and I in, pray tell.

We are certainly not in the Over-The-Hill Gang quite yet and while we can't do battle with the 20 somethings for the cover of Sports Illustrated don't count either of us our for holding out own in a single's atmosphere with any over the age of 35 year olds in the crowd.

I may have been around a block or two but there is a still the rest of the world I have to cover before I can be called old.

Rete
.......and that, my friend, would be the other reason I didn't say anything.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.