British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   "Orange"head Candy??? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/orange-head-candy-334870/)

Celsius Nov 1st 2005 7:12 pm

"Orange"head Candy???

Eating those at this very moment. Packaging says the product "contains real fruit juice".

Name of product is "Orangehead" and packaging is orange so I imagine there's orange or some citrus fruit juice in the list of ingredients.

No.....

Only juice in ingredients list is apple juice! :confused:

Pigtails Nov 1st 2005 7:15 pm

Re: "Orange"head Candy???

You're not really British are you? Otherwise, you'd only be eating Galaxy bars. What is WRONG with you?

robskatie Nov 1st 2005 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by Celsius
Eating those at this very moment. Packaging says the product "contains real fruit juice".

Name of product is "Orangehead" and packaging is orange so I imagine there's orange or some citrus fruit juice in the list of ingredients.

No.....

Only juice in ingredients list is apple juice! :confused:

Are they the ones with the nasty bright orange food coloring in them, my gosh, the color of some of the candy we got last night :scared:

Celsius Nov 1st 2005 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by robskatie
Are they the ones with the nasty bright orange food coloring in them, my gosh, the color of some of the candy we got last night :scared:

Looking inside the box, I'd say you're right. They are bright orange. :eek:

snowbunny Nov 1st 2005 7:24 pm

Are they made by Ferrara Pan?

Celsius Nov 1st 2005 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by Pigtails
You're not really British are you? Otherwise, you'd only be eating Galaxy bars. What is WRONG with you?

So you'd have your kid not accept anything other than British candy when he goes trick or treating? :D

Celsius Nov 1st 2005 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Are they made by Ferrara Pan?

Yes. Should I be worried. Are they mini weapons of tooth destruction?

snowbunny Nov 1st 2005 7:27 pm

Yes. Should I be worried. Are they mini weapons of tooth destruction?

Yes.

They are an updated version of Lemonheads which are FAR FAR superior.

However, they are simply citric acid and sugar -- combined with food colouring and artificial flavour.

I prefer Grapeheads myself..... :D

Wait -- please tell me they don't have high fructose corn syrup in them these days.......

Pigtails Nov 1st 2005 7:30 pm

So you'd have your kid not accept anything other than British candy when he goes trick or treating? :D

No, but you wouldn't catch ME eating any of the crap :eek: Those kind of calories are saved for the good stuff! :D

Celtic_Angel Nov 2nd 2005 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by Pigtails
No, but you wouldn't catch ME eating any of the crap :eek: Those kind of calories are saved for the good stuff! :D

I used to say that but nowadays I enjoy it all..I especially like those Swedish fish..yum :D

my kids earn their keep over Halloween ;) :D

snowbunny Nov 2nd 2005 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel

my kids earn their keep over Halloween ;) :D

So, how many streets do you make them walk? :D

Celtic_Angel Nov 2nd 2005 4:39 pm

So, how many streets do you make them walk? :D

usually one is enough and round the corner there's a haunted castle...this year it all got rained out :( ...we did the driving around the neighbourhoods and stopping at houses with Halloween decorations thing....the rain stopped early on thankfully so we did see other trick-or-treaters but it wasn't as much fun as usual...try telling the kids that..they just wanted the....CANDY!!! :D

snowbunny Nov 2nd 2005 5:02 pm

usually one is enough and round the corner there's a haunted castle...this year it all got rained out :( ...we did the driving around the neighbourhoods and stopping at houses with Halloween decorations thing....the rain stopped early on thankfully so we did see other trick-or-treaters but it wasn't as much fun as usual...try telling the kids that..they just wanted the....CANDY!!! :D

The rain here ended early and it got quite cool but the kids didn't mind, of course. There was a way OTT house in the neighbourhood so of course we had to go see that.

The youngest got 91 pieces of candy -- well, I use the term pieces here very loosely cos some were full-sized candy bars and packets. :scared: I asked Toontje if there was any holiday with that much excess candy, stickers, glow-in-the-dark tubes etc in the Netherlands and of course the answer is no. :rolleyes:

Celtic_Angel Nov 2nd 2005 5:06 pm

The rain here ended early and it got quite cool but the kids didn't mind, of course. There was a way OTT house in the neighbourhood so of course we had to go see that.

The youngest got 91 pieces of candy -- well, I use the term pieces here very loosely cos some were full-sized candy bars and packets. :scared: I asked Toontje if there was any holiday with that much excess candy, stickers, glow-in-the-dark tubes etc in the Netherlands and of course the answer is no. :rolleyes:

yeah Halloween basically sucks anywhere else...my kids just feel so sorry for those poor kids :p ...we discovered a great Halloween book..it's by Jerry Seinfeld and comes with a C.D....it's all about the candy..my kids know it word for word..it's become their bible :D

britvic Nov 2nd 2005 7:41 pm

yeah Halloween basically sucks anywhere else...my kids just feel so sorry for those poor kids :p ...we discovered a great Halloween book..it's by Jerry Seinfeld and comes with a C.D....it's all about the candy..my kids know it word for word..it's become their bible :D

Halloween is slowly becomeing a trend in the UK, but Brit kids do have Bonfire night to look forward to, there not really missing out :)