Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Orange County, Ca. Home Rental Agency Info Needed

Orange County, Ca. Home Rental Agency Info Needed

Old Mar 2nd 2007, 3:05 pm
In Orange County, CA.

cybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond repute
Question Orange County, Ca. Home Rental Agency Info Needed

Hello there. Wonder if anyone in Orange County, California can help me, I am trying to find some property rental agencies (with websites) for if/when we relocate the family over there.

Is anyone able to suggest websites/rental agencies etc. I have tried www.rentclicks.com but the connection seems to be a bit variable, sometimes I can get onto it and sometimes not.

Any information along these lines very welcome. Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 4:14 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Orange County, Ca. Home Rental Agency Info Needed

Didn't someone post a link in the other Orange County thread? Or was that the same one?

Like craigslist and searching through local newpaper websites...
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 4:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Realtor.com have a rental option too, here ya go:
http://rentals.realtor.com/FindHome/...sp?poe=realtor
You can narrow your search down by area, price number of bedrooms etc.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 5:01 pm
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nethead
Realtor.com have a rental option too, here ya go:
http://rentals.realtor.com/FindHome/...sp?poe=realtor
You can narrow your search down by area, price number of bedrooms etc.
I gave her that link when she was thinking of moving to Chicago
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 2:15 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cybersecretary
Hello there. Wonder if anyone in Orange County, California can help me, I am trying to find some property rental agencies (with websites) for if/when we relocate the family over there.

Is anyone able to suggest websites/rental agencies etc. I have tried www.rentclicks.com but the connection seems to be a bit variable, sometimes I can get onto it and sometimes not.

Any information along these lines very welcome. Thanks in advance.
They are called property management companies here, mostly apartments;

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search

There is also executive housing if you want something temporary while you are looking;

http://www.oakwood.com/
Old Mar 4th 2007, 6:17 am
In Orange County, CA.

cybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond repute

You will have to excuse me if i have repeated my request. I am trying to get as much information as possible, and yes we were thinking of going to Chicago. We have 2 small children and I want to make sure we are making the best decision for them in relocating. My only means of researching is via the internet and I guess i do go for information overload - but any information is really really helpful - if it was just me and my husband we would just take the leap and go, but we have to think of our children as a priority - thank you all for your patience.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 1:41 pm
Account Closed

cabritpop is an unknown quantity at this point

We covered it all on the other thread. The problem you have in OC is that inventory of rental houses is low, and thats an understatement. And when you can find one they are expensive. That is why you are having trouble finding stuff on the internet. Rental agents do apartments in OC. Give us more info on what city the job is in and how much you can pay for rent. Landlords in OC are far from desperate to find renters.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 5:42 pm
In Orange County, CA.

Hi there, thanks for the reply. the job is actually in the city of Orange. We would have no problem with a commute once we are all settled in, I realise that to get a property we are going to have to look hard. Hopefully the company will help us out - it all looks pretty expensive to me. We would be going into furnished for the months it takes for our stuff to arrive and then unfurnished thereafter.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 5:43 pm
In Orange County, CA.

PS Catbritpop - sorry, hopefully can get something reasonable for $2000 pcm. (please dont laugh - god let us be able to get something)!
Old Mar 4th 2007, 5:48 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

PS Catbritpop - sorry, hopefully can get something reasonable for $2000 pcm. (please dont laugh - god let us be able to get something)!
That's funny....I live out in Mass, and even that wouldn't get you more than an apartment out in the burbs that's not to large....with kids, your going to want to look for a bit of space, and with that kind of money, kiss a garden good buy....
Old Mar 4th 2007, 5:54 pm
In Orange County, CA.

Oh bugger, what would we need - so that I know what to get the company to pay for in uplift.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 6:12 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Oh bugger, what would we need - so that I know what to get the company to pay for in uplift.
I don't live there, so I don't know, but I know it's more than what we pay out here, and I know that because salary is about 100-120% higher out there for what I do than what it is down here, and that's still not enough.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 6:17 pm
Just Joined

rik_SoCal will become famous soon enoughrik_SoCal will become famous soon enough

We're just moving to Orange County ourselves. We lived there for 2 years, back to Blighty for 3, and now on our way back wishing we'd never left.

Try http://www.ocrealestatefinder.com/ there's quite a bit of rental property on there and you can search by price, bedrooms, city etc.

Good luck!
Old Mar 4th 2007, 10:07 pm
Account Closed

cabritpop is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, thanks for the reply. the job is actually in the city of Orange. We would have no problem with a commute once we are all settled in, I realise that to get a property we are going to have to look hard. Hopefully the company will help us out - it all looks pretty expensive to me. We would be going into furnished for the months it takes for our stuff to arrive and then unfurnished thereafter.
Do you still need 4 bedrooms? If you can do 3 Beds then you are in the game with $2k month. 4 beds for that price would be in a really rough area if at all. Most places aren't furnished you can rent furniture.

Check out the OC register again there are more classifieds on Sunday.
There are 2 types of commute around OC. 1: under 30 minutes 2:About 1 1\2 - 2 hours each way. (by car) Which one would you like?
Old Mar 5th 2007, 7:28 am
In Orange County, CA.

Hi RiskSoCal - thanks for the info, I havent seen that site before so once I get back from work today I will have a really good look. Glad to hear you enjoyed it so much you are going back there. What area are you looking at? Any hints? Hopefully we will hear something this week about an offer(or not) and a family visit hopefully over the easter holidays.

Hi Cabritpop - I guess at $2k pcm I was being "cheap", I certainly dont want to live in a dodgy area. At present my husband has an hours commute to work so if it has to be the same or a bit more then so be it - I would rather live in a good area and he can have the hassle of the commute - it cant be that bad - could it be worse than the A14 to Cambridge? (I can hear you laughing again already!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.