Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Orange County, Anyone there?

Orange County, Anyone there?

Old Feb 21st 2007, 10:46 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Orange County, Anyone there?

Originally Posted by bored-silly
I LOVE this pub - they do proper pie and spotted dick with custard!!!
Trust you ......Nice to see you around ..
Old Feb 21st 2007, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

UKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud of

Complete thread hijack - what are the schools like in Vegas? I am considering a move..........
Depends on where you live. Not sure where you are now, but schools here are better than I expected.
*Warning* It gets horribly hot here in the summer.
Old Feb 21st 2007, 10:50 pm
looking for the corkscrew

bored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Trust you ......Nice to see you around ..
Thanks Ray - I've been popping in from time to time. Lots of new faces but still some things don't change..........
Old Feb 21st 2007, 10:51 pm

bored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKgirl
Depends on where you live. Not sure where you are now, but schools here are better than I expected.
*Warning* It gets horribly hot here in the summer.
Is there a 'nice' area which has good schools? What about nice neighborhoods?
Old Feb 21st 2007, 10:51 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Ray - I've been popping in from time to time. Lots of new faces but still some things don't change..........
Marriage divorce births and death ..it all happens here
Old Feb 21st 2007, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by Ray
Marriage divorce births and death ..it all happens here
I really need an update on everyone, can you oblige?.....
Old Feb 21st 2007, 10:56 pm
Ray

I really need an update on everyone, can you oblige?.....
What !! Its nearly nap time .. that would take a day in itself ....
on just those who have become mentaly ill...
Old Feb 21st 2007, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by Ray
What !! Its nearly nap time .. that would take a day in itself ....
on just those who have become mentaly ill...
LOL - oh well, soon dinner time for the littlies here, maybe another time.
Old Feb 21st 2007, 11:09 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

I LOVE this pub - they do proper pie and spotted dick with custard!!!
They still let you in?
Old Feb 21st 2007, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
They still let you in?
With my false nose and glasses.......
Old Feb 21st 2007, 11:39 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Daughter lived in Vegas for several years. Just moved 9 months ago. Lovely areas in and around Red Rock Canyon. Good schools as well. Henderson isn't bad either. But you need money to afford a home there.
Old Feb 21st 2007, 11:50 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cabritpop
Where at? Yes it is expensive, I live in a part of KS where housing is 1/10th the price almost.

From the U.K. (I assume) to CA, then Kansas? Glutton for culture shock?
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

UKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rete
Daughter lived in Vegas for several years. Just moved 9 months ago. Lovely areas in and around Red Rock Canyon. Good schools as well. Henderson isn't bad either. But you need money to afford a home there.
You are correct, but the prices on houses have dropped the last 9 months. Houses in CA, NV and AZ are low. Now is a good time to buy.
Not sure what you can afford, but in those areas mentioned houses are starting around $300k.
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 12:16 am
Account Closed

cabritpop is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
From the U.K. (I assume) to CA, then Kansas? Glutton for culture shock?
Culture shock? Yes and No. Most of the culture shock really occurred moving from the UK to the US. A lot of the UK seems to have changed in my 12 years here, so it would probably be a bit of a culture shock to re-settle there.
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cabritpop
Culture shock? Yes and No. Most of the culture shock really occurred moving from the UK to the US. A lot of the UK seems to have changed in my 12 years here, so it would probably be a bit of a culture shock to re-settle there.
It would be. When I encounter young Brits here. I can't believe people like that still exist. They quite often walk about in football shirts that say England on it. How embaressing. The Americans must think they are complete idiots. Talk about the ugly tourists.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.