Reload this Page >

Oops...Didn't surrender my I-94

Oops...Didn't surrender my I-94

Old Aug 24th 2006, 11:39 pm
Just Joined

monsta24-7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Oops...Didn't surrender my I-94

Hi Everyone,

I am a British Citizen with Canadian Permanent Resident status.

During August of last year, my common-law missus (Canadian Citizen) and I went to the US for 6 days on a road trip.

I was given an I-94 when we went across the border (obviously she wasn't, being Canadian).

I had no idea about handing in the I-94 and so it is still firmly stapled in my passport 1 year later. What should I do? We're probably going to want to go to the US again in the near future and I'm worried that not handing in my I-94 last year is going to cause a problem.

Any ideas...anyone?

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 25th 2006, 12:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oops...Didn't surrender my I-94

Originally Posted by monsta24-7
Hi Everyone,

I am a British Citizen with Canadian Permanent Resident status.

During August of last year, my common-law missus (Canadian Citizen) and I went to the US for 6 days on a road trip.

I was given an I-94 when we went across the border (obviously she wasn't, being Canadian).

I had no idea about handing in the I-94 and so it is still firmly stapled in my passport 1 year later. What should I do? We're probably going to want to go to the US again in the near future and I'm worried that not handing in my I-94 last year is going to cause a problem.

Any ideas...anyone?

Thanks in advance!
I gave one in 2 years late and never had a problem.
Old Aug 25th 2006, 1:34 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
I gave one in 2 years late and never had a problem.
Where did you give it in - when you were crossing the border/entering the US?
Old Aug 25th 2006, 1:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Where did you give it in - when you were crossing the border/entering the US?
I gave it in when I entered via JFK in 2003 - the I-94 was from 2001.

The immigration official ranted at me, saying it was my responsibility to hand it in; but that was it.
Old Aug 25th 2006, 2:26 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

It is very important that you complete the back of the card listing the port of departure and date of departure from the United States and the carrier/flight information. The I-94 or I-94W together with a letter of explanation and evidence of your departure from the U.S. should be sent to:

ACS-USCBP, SBU, P.O. Box 7125
London KY 40742-7125
USA
Old Aug 25th 2006, 10:17 am
Just Joined

Thanks to both of you for responding.

Ray - Evidence of my departure may be a little difficult because we drove back across the border and because I'm a permanent resident in Canada, I didn't get a stamp in my passport. However, I've been working in Canada since October and still have my pay stubs together with my apartment rental agreement - do you think that that would serve as sufficient evidence?

Also, thanks for posting the address to send the docs to. BTW - where did you get that address?
Old Aug 25th 2006, 10:31 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to both of you for responding.

Ray - Evidence of my departure may be a little difficult because we drove back across the border and because I'm a permanent resident in Canada, I didn't get a stamp in my passport. However, I've been working in Canada since October and still have my pay stubs together with my apartment rental agreement - do you think that that would serve as sufficient evidence?

Also, thanks for posting the address to send the docs to. BTW - where did you get that address?
Just put a note in with an explanation
I knew it ..