Oops!

Old Nov 10th 2005, 3:32 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Oops!

So it appears Israel has been naughty (surprising, huh?):
http://www.ynetnews.com/Ext/Comp/Art...166377,00.html

Serious question while we're on the subject - why is it that the US still continues to give them so much money?
Old Nov 10th 2005, 3:33 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oops!

Originally Posted by Chorlton
why is it that the US still continues to give them so much money?
So Israel can turn around and give it back to US Arms manufacturers like Lockheed Martin, Boeing, etc etc.

it's basically subsidising the US Arms manufacturers.
Old Nov 10th 2005, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by Manc
So Israel can turn around and give it back to US Arms manufacturers like Lockheed Martin, Boeing, etc etc.

Yeah, I know, but why? I mean this started back when they used to at least give an excuse for stuff they did....
Old Nov 10th 2005, 3:53 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chorlton
Yeah, I know, but why? I mean this started back when they used to at least give an excuse for stuff they did....
What I find abhorrant, is that while The USA is subsidising Israel to byt their stuff, The USA is taking the EU and Airbus to court ofver EU loans.

Whilst if that isn't ironic enough, European airlines (such as BA, Lufthansa, Ryan air, KLM) which have to make a profit, are up in arms over Chapter 11 protection which allows US airlines to keep flying to Europe whilst on the verge of liquidation.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 3:08 pm

What I find abhorrant, is that while The USA is subsidising Israel to byt their stuff, The USA is taking the EU and Airbus to court ofver EU loans.

Whilst if that isn't ironic enough, European airlines (such as BA, Lufthansa, Ryan air, KLM) which have to make a profit, are up in arms over Chapter 11 protection which allows US airlines to keep flying to Europe whilst on the verge of liquidation.
You expect the USA to have to stick to the same rules as the rest of the world?? That wouldn't be fair
Old Nov 11th 2005, 3:14 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

The ministry permitted the choppers, of a MD 500 Defender model, be sold either to the Mexican federal police, or to the Spain firefighters department. However, contrary to the terms of the license, the copters ended up in Columbia, by way of Canadian mediators.
Ummm, the point of the story to me is just plain old fraud........Illegal arms trading happens... heck if I knew you could buy a 1970's working helicopter for $100,000, I'd have bought one for myself
Old Nov 11th 2005, 6:26 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

They make a lot of their own stuff and export it, probably gaining territory with the US and French for arms export, with the exception of US helicopters such as the Apache and Longbow very useful given the terrain etc.