Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Ooh, another question re the K1 interview in London

Ooh, another question re the K1 interview in London

Old Jul 16th 2002, 12:40 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ooh, another question re the K1 interview in London

I just read on the London US Consulate's site the following regarding visa fees and payment:

"Fiance(e) visa applicants are required to pay only an application fee of £32.00. Effective June 1, the fee increases to £46.00. There is an additional fee for the medical examination."

Question One: What is the additional fee for the medical exam?

and then...

"Visa processing and issuance fees may be paid in cash, with a certified money order or by credit card - MASTERCARD/Access or VISA only. ..... After June 1, 2002 the visa fee [for non-K1ers] will be combined and we will accept a single money order for the full amount of $335.00. Fiancé(e) visa applicants will be sent instructions on paying the application fee with the appointment letter for the visa interview and medical examination."

Question Two: What are the new requirements for paying the K1 application fee?

Question Three: Are the application and medical exam still paid separately?

Question Four: Can the K1 visa/medical still pay with a credit card, or only with cash/money order?

Thanks!!

~ Jenney
Old Jul 16th 2002, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

Ptarmigan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ooh, another question re the K1 interview in London

I can only speak from my experience but, I paid the fee at Barclays Bank, just as if I was paying a gas bill. I kept the reciept because they ask to see that at the interview.

The medical is now, or at least was at that time 125 pounds, and is paid at the surgery, separate to the Visa fee.

I paid mine by Visa, the practice deal with other patients and they have one of those little swipey machines there.
Old Jul 16th 2002, 1:48 am
Just Joined

AAngiela will become famous soon enoughAAngiela will become famous soon enough

My fiance had his interview on June 26th. He paid 125 pounds in cash. As for paying the visa fee, he just paid it at the Northern Bank when he was running errands in Belfast. He had it paid before he even left Northern Ireland.

Good luck,

Angie
Old Jul 16th 2002, 6:20 am
Jacque Robertso

As an added note, I went for my interview yesterday in London, and had inadvertanatly
left my paid for slip at home. I only realised that 10 mins before they called me to
the desk. I asked if I could pay it again, with images of me running back to Oxford
Street looking for a bank. However, I'd already spotted the cashiers desk, and asked
if I could l pay there, which they let me do. So even though Ive heard it said on
this newsgroup that you cant pay there, I think they will make an exception
sometimes. The staff all seemed pretty helpful, but I dont envy them their jobs, they
get allsorts of people in there trying their best to get visa's, and coming out with
all sorts of sob stories and pleading when they havent got the right paperwork etc.
Anyway, a sucessful visa story from me, and now I can't wait until Sep 4th, when I
fly to Chicago to be with my intended Regards, Jacqueline
PS, I paid £125.00 at the medical which they accept visa etc, and £46 (twice!!) for
the visa itself.

Old Jul 16th 2002, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

Hi,
The medical fee is £125 and you can pay in cash or by Visa when you get to the surgery.

The Spousal visa (I'm not to sure about fiance) has just gone up to $335.
This can either be paid in $'s £'s or Visa. However as I found out,
they won't accept a split currency payment (ie so much in dollars and the rest in pounds)
It may be possible to pay in advance or by money order on the day, but I'm not sure.
I went for dollars (cash) at the interview and pouns (cash) at the
medical.
Old Jul 16th 2002, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

Jenn & Ben is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi! I sent you an email to your regular email address, did you get it? Mine is [email protected]
Bye!
Jenn