Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

The only thing I miss is Martin Brundle

The only thing I miss is Martin Brundle

Old Mar 6th 2005, 1:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Lottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud of
Default The only thing I miss is Martin Brundle

Lottie's husband here....

Delighted to find Formula 1 GP on Speed Channel - damn sight better than all those left turns in NASCAR
Old Mar 6th 2005, 1:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The only thing I miss is Martin Brundle

Originally Posted by Lottie

Delighted to find Formula 1 GP on Speed Channel - damn sight better than all those left turns in NASCAR
Steve Matchett(sp) the former Benneton chief mechanic who is part of Speeds coverage more than makes up for Brundles insights in my opinion. I think Speed do an excellent job bringing us all the days of the GP weekend plus the excellent GP Decade show. Last years GP Decade shows were perticularly good, because Matchett was working on the Benneton that Schumacher drove to the world crown.
Old Mar 6th 2005, 1:27 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Big F1 fan here too, just found out in the last 2 days through this site about speed channel showing F1 and currently looking into getting it myself. In the meantime would you please post the qualifying positions and race results and any other interesting titbits.
I'm trying to get myself into the NASCAR thing, even arranging to go to Watkins Glen, NY later this year to watch.
I would love to go to the US and Canadian Grand prix's this year but none of my USC mates seem the slightest bit interested.
Used to be a Williams fan 'til they shat on Mansell, now follow McLaren or poor old Jaguar. Always had respect for Ferrari but never got the "Ferrari fever" that most F1 fans get.
Definately still and always will miss Ayrton.
Old Mar 6th 2005, 1:36 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Big F1 fan here too, just found out in the last 2 days through this site about speed channel showing F1 and currently looking into getting it myself. In the meantime would you please post the qualifying positions and race results and any other interesting titbits.
I'm trying to get myself into the NASCAR thing, even arranging to go to Watkins Glen, NY later this year to watch.
I would love to go to the US and Canadian Grand prix's this year but none of my USC mates seem the slightest bit interested.
Used to be a Williams fan 'til they shat on Mansell, now follow McLaren and Minardi. Always had respect for Ferrari but never got the "Ferrari fever" that most F1 fans get.
Definately still and always will miss Ayrton.
Old Mar 6th 2005, 1:45 am
Franklin

Originally Posted by rushman
*snip* In the meantime would you please post the qualifying positions and race results and any other interesting titbits. *snip*
Check out this F1 news link:

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/newsfeed/?name=F1

And for news about individual teams ... look at the left most column and pull the "Sport" menu down ... you will see all the F1 teams, etc.

Good hunting tomorrow ... I'm a Ferrari fan, they have their work cut out tomorrow. Good to see Trulli starting on the first row ...

http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s17....htm?fromrss=1

Also good to see Villeneuve starting on the second row up in 4th position ... in a Sauber ...

http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=178604

Last edited by Franklin; Mar 6th 2005 at 1:49 am.

Old Mar 6th 2005, 2:32 am
ImHere

How can you like formula 1? It used to be good but now its just a high speed carnival procession. Im suprised they dont paint solid white lines down the track just to be sure no-one overtakes.

Nascar is dull too, but their cars must be pretty cheap since they only have to be able to turn one way.

Cant beat a good dollop of saloon car racing I reckon.

Old Mar 6th 2005, 2:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ImHere
How can you like formula 1? It used to be good but now its just a high speed carnival procession. Im suprised they dont paint solid white lines down the track just to be sure no-one overtakes.

Nascar is dull too, but their cars must be pretty cheap since they only have to be able to turn one way.

Cant beat a good dollop of saloon car racing I reckon.
Yeah, F1 is too boring now. They should make the fastest start at the back and then randomly introduce obstacles, such as oil on the track, to make it more interesting.
Old Mar 6th 2005, 2:40 am
ImHere

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Yeah, F1 is too boring now. They should make the fastest start at the back and then randomly introduce obstacles, such as oil on the track, to make it more interesting.

Sounds good. I'd watch it if they did

Old Mar 6th 2005, 3:03 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

There's a good thread in the lockerroom with info, might pick up a bit more again now that the season is starting...

Haven't got speed channel, oh well....though I really miss GT and Touring car races....more amusement, and more crashes
Old Mar 6th 2005, 4:02 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Me too

Although I swear Speed has more ad breaks than ITV

I watched the race tonight and there was a section where they went to a break, came back for 1 lap then went to ads again. WTF!!!

Good race though. This season good be more exciting than most. Big Ferrari and Schuey fan, but it's always good to see more of a race than a parade.
Old Mar 6th 2005, 5:47 am
Franklin

Originally Posted by rincewind
Me too

Although I swear Speed has more ad breaks than ITV

I watched the race tonight and there was a section where they went to a break, came back for 1 lap then went to ads again. WTF!!!

Good race though. This season good be more exciting than most. Big Ferrari and Schuey fan, but it's always good to see more of a race than a parade.

Same here, big Ferrari and Schuey fan. I hope to see Schuey race at the US GP in IN. I think he is going to be back on the podium pretty soon, like the next race! He had a run of bad luck, but Ferrari had a lot of good luck last season, so can't complain ... well, not too much!

Old Mar 6th 2005, 1:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Just last season?. The guy has been riding the luck waggon his whole career!. Thats not meant to take away from his amazing success, I just mean he never seems to break down, when he hit's someone his car is usually able to carry on with little or no damage. The guy is plain and simply lucky.

I'm personally sick of Ferrari and the FIA's ass kissing of them. I look forward to the breakaway events in 2007.
Old Mar 6th 2005, 5:24 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
The guy is plain and simply lucky.
I'd say it was more reliability. The Ferrari car is superior when it comes to reliability.

And when Schuey won the GP in the Bennetton (a few years back) when he was stuck in fifth gear for race. Luck? Nah, pure skill.

Old Mar 6th 2005, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'd say it was more reliability. The Ferrari car is superior when it comes to reliability.

And when Schuey won the GP in the Bennetton (a few years back) when he was stuck in fifth gear for race. Luck? Nah, pure skill.

He didn't win that race in 5th gear. He finished 2nd.
Old Mar 6th 2005, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

But the Ferrari has failed his team mate many times over the same period. Ferrari always had a great timing for pressing the self distruct button on Rubino's car.

Like I said, I'm not doubting his skill or his championships. But if you cannot see his great deal of luck over the last 10 years, you're kidding yourself. Maybe we should start talking about his questionable driving tactics?. Damon Hill driven off the road in 94, Villenueve in 96, questionable blocking tactics on Hakkinen and lets throw last nights driving off the road of Heidfeld.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.