British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Onesuite.com (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/onesuite-com-492508/)

krishnax Nov 8th 2007 8:34 am

Onesuite.com

Has anyone used Onesuite services? They got prepaid calling cards and voip services. Seems like they got a good deal with 24/7 customer support.

I'm about to sign up but would like to hear from you guys first.

rincewind Nov 8th 2007 12:15 pm

Re: Onesuite.com

Originally Posted by krishnax (Post 5527077)
Has anyone used Onesuite services? They got prepaid calling cards and voip services. Seems like they got a good deal with 24/7 customer support.

I used them for a few years before going over to Vonage. OneSuite works pretty well and the rates are good.

Give them a try.

wtkp0u Nov 8th 2007 1:17 pm

I use them to make calls to the UK from my mobile. That way it's 12c minutes instead of a couple of bucks. No problems.

rew1000 Nov 8th 2007 3:12 pm

I use them for all long distance + international calls, with no problems.
(Around 100x cheaper than what our phone company charges without a plan in place!).

Sometimes the quality of the connection isn't that great, so having a reasonably economic alternative in place might be a good idea if you're relying on a good connection.

scrubbedexpat099 Nov 8th 2007 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by rew1000 (Post 5528477)
I use them for all long distance + international calls, with no problems.
(Around 100x cheaper than what our phone company charges without a plan in place!).

Sometimes the quality of the connection isn't that great, so having a reasonably economic alternative in place might be a good idea if you're relying on a good connection.

I use them to ring the UK from my Cell, more like 2c, I would need to check, $20 lasts quite a few months.

Going the other way I can ring the US for 5p PAYG but to ring next next door is 15p, go figure.

Bob Nov 8th 2007 3:43 pm

so no one rings the UK from work then? :D

scrubbedexpat099 Nov 8th 2007 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 5528571)
so no one rings the UK from work then? :D

That would be difficult, very difficult.

scotch03 Nov 8th 2007 4:43 pm

I've used Onesuite for cell phone calls for quite a while - no probs ad Lingo from home

Just Jenney Nov 8th 2007 11:36 pm

We started using OneSuite.com about a year or so ago, after BigZoo.com stopped offering long distance calling. We only use it for landline calls.

We've currently got about a $13 balance on our OneSuite account, but I'm seriously thinking of looking elsewhere for an alternative. Simply put, the connection is usually really bad -- bad enough that I either end up hanging up and calling direct, or the person I'm talking to offers to call me back. Although OneSuite and BigZoo are practically identical, I never had this problem with BigZoo. I used to recommend BigZoo all the time -- not the case with OneSuite.

~ Jenney

AmerLisa Nov 9th 2007 1:57 am

Originally Posted by krishnax (Post 5527077)

We used to use them, but then the phone call quality started getting really bad. We now use Skype - you can't beat free, computer to computer. :)

scrubbedexpat099 Nov 9th 2007 8:50 am

We have the access number set up as one of our free nmbers on our Mobile account, as far as the call quality, it does vary, but then it does the other way as well. But usually good. Well it was last night.

In the UK I just use one of those access numbers that charge 0.5p or 1p a minute, but when using my Mobile much cheaper to ring direct.

Patrick Hasler Nov 9th 2007 10:29 pm

Shit ! ..... I F**KED UP AGAIN :unsure:
I thought this was about bedroom attatched bogs :rofl:

krishnax Nov 14th 2007 9:46 am

Thanks for the replies.

I decided to try it and I signed up just the other day. Looks like the quality is okay and really never had any bad calls so far. I also signed up for its voip service just for the heck of trying it and see how it goes...the quality is better than Skype which having all kinds of problems lately from a major glitch a couple of months back to bad quality issues lately.

krishnax Nov 14th 2007 10:05 am

BTW, I just saw 2 PM's from a couple of guys offering their Onesuite referral codes. Unfortunately I didn't know that there is a referral bonus of some sort until a while ago when I checked those PM's and went to Onesuite website. I believe they have new referral program now and the person who signed up and the one who referred him/her will both get bonus for the sign up amount and the 1st recharge...oh well...never had the chance to see it. :(

NC Penguin Nov 14th 2007 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by krishnax (Post 5552925)
Thanks for the replies.

I decided to try it and I signed up just the other day. Looks like the quality is okay and really never had any bad calls so far. I also signed up for its voip service just for the heck of trying it and see how it goes...the quality is better than Skype which having all kinds of problems lately from a major glitch a couple of months back to bad quality issues lately.

I've been using Onesuite for overseas and inland calls for over four years now. The only significant thing that's changed over that time is the the credit balance is only valid for six months from the time it's topped up. If you don't use it within six months, you have to top up to revalidate the existing credit.

The quality of the line for overseas calls is excellent in my experience. The only problem is when there's a crappy line at the other end (usually cordless phones).