Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

One year today

One year today

Old Dec 1st 2004, 10:21 pm
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up One year today

It was exactly a year ago today when I boarded a British Airways jet from Heathrow to Phoenix and then promptly passed out from a combination of too much Baileys and panic attacks. I got on the plane a nervous wreck and stepped off a person full of excitement and anticipation. Much has happened in the passing year, a lot of it scary, some of it terrifying and much of it exhilarating, but my summation at the end of it is that I am so glad I came. I see myself and my life very differently now. I'm stronger, more able and less scared than I used to be, and I honestly don't think I could live in the confines of England again. It feels too small now, and I really feel that here in America you can do anything! Best of all, of course, is that I'm with the person I wanted to be, and life is sweet.

It seems quite fitting too, that today I received a call letting me know that I most likely have a fantastic job offer at a top University hospital here in Connecticut. Not bad for a headbanger.

Old Dec 1st 2004, 10:44 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One year today

Originally Posted by Rockgurl
It seems quite fitting too, that today I received a call letting me know that I most likely have a fantastic job offer at a top University hospital here in Connecticut. Not bad for a headbanger.

Congrats

Time don't half fly don't it, almost a year since I buggered off and got back too.
Old Dec 1st 2004, 10:50 pm
Franklin

It was exactly a year ago today when I boarded a British Airways jet from Heathrow to Phoenix and then promptly passed out from a combination of too much Baileys and panic attacks. I got on the plane a nervous wreck and stepped off a person full of excitement and anticipation. Much has happened in the passing year, a lot of it scary, some of it terrifying and much of it exhilarating, but my summation at the end of it is that I am so glad I came. I see myself and my life very differently now. I'm stronger, more able and less scared than I used to be, and I honestly don't think I could live in the confines of England again. It feels too small now, and I really feel that here in America you can do anything! Best of all, of course, is that I'm with the person I wanted to be, and life is sweet.

Good on yur for sticking it out and seeing it through and keeping your head together during the good, the bad and the ugly times! Doesn't time just fly when life is so interesting and challenging!

Old Dec 1st 2004, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to behold

Well done Rockgurl i'm delighted to hear that you've landed a job you really want,where you want bo, good luck in your new job

It was exactly a year ago today when I boarded a British
Airways jet from Heathrow to Phoenix and then promptly passed out from a combination of too much Baileys and panic attacks. I got on the plane a nervous wreck and stepped off a person full of excitement and anticipation. Much has happened in the passing year, a lot of it scary, some of it terrifying and much of it exhilarating, but my summation at the end of it is that I am so glad I came. I see myself and my life very differently now. I'm stronger, more able and less scared than I used to be, and I honestly don't think I could live in the confines of England again. It feels too small now, and I really feel that here in America you can do anything! Best of all, of course, is that I'm with the person I wanted to be, and life is sweet.

Old Dec 1st 2004, 11:03 pm
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys. Yep, time sure flies when you're having fun! It really doesn't feel like a year at all. Nothing like risking everything to find out what you're made of!
Old Dec 1st 2004, 11:38 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Great news on the job. Congratulations.
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 12:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Rockgurl. Like Bob, its been almost a year since we've been back as well. Although I've found it hard to come back to the States, I suppose I'm glad I'm back. I'm so very glad you've found a better job. I know it must have been disheartening for you in Phoenix. At least your posts reflected that sentiment. The very best of luck in your future endeavours.
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 12:27 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Who in hell are you? Have actually posted on this forum before?

Old Dec 2nd 2004, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

Keep rocking!!!

Old Dec 2nd 2004, 12:53 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Hey rockgurl, I just went on your website and listened to your music - I thought it was a cross between Beyonce and Britney!
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 1:35 am
Rock Goddess

Originally Posted by Patrick
Hey rockgurl, I just went on your website and listened to your music - I thought it was a cross between Beyonce and Britney!

Old Dec 2nd 2004, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on making it to your 1 year anniversary. Sounds like there will be many more to come.
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 8:08 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing like risking everything to find out what you're made of!
Happy anniversary, Rockgurl!
Now we all know what you're made of, and it's more than tattoo ink!
Does that mean only 4 years to go until you apply for citizenship? Just IMAGINE what you can do then!