Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

One-way travel insurance and temporary health insurance

One-way travel insurance and temporary health insurance

Old Dec 29th 2021, 3:32 pm
Just Joined

Ravenscroft1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default One-way travel insurance and temporary health insurance

Hi, we are moving to the states in a few weeks on E2 visas (there is 4 of us, two adults, 2 kids). I'm confused about whether we need one-way travel insurance for the flight out there and if we do what will it cover other than baggage lost and cancellation (although our flights are fully flex?). Did anyone do this and can you recommend a provider. The quotes I've found so far seem excessive for what is essentially 2 days max of cover. I also think we might need temporary health insurance to cover the first month or so because my husband doesn't officially start his US role until later in the month. Can anyone advise on if they did this and any pitfuls to look out for/how to make sure we are covered for as long as need be?

We are moving to Maplewood, NJ so anyone from UK with any tips on moving there also appreciated!

Thanks
Old Dec 30th 2021, 12:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Olly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One-way travel insurance and temporary health insurance

When we moved my husband's company travel insurance covered us for the few weeks between arriving and being moved to US payroll/benefits. Perhaps worth looking in to if it's a reasonable size company?

Maplewood is a great town - you've made a good choice! We started off living in Jersey City but got fed up of apartment living so as soon as we had green cards we bought a house in Maplewood and really like it here.
Old Dec 30th 2021, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

Ravenscroft1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: One-way travel insurance and temporary health insurance

Ah ok thanks will check that out, fingers crossed that's the answer. If anyone else had to source themselves and has any tips appreciated.