Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

One way flights for those that have moved recently.

One way flights for those that have moved recently.

Old Jan 4th 2015, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

Ash14297 is just really niceAsh14297 is just really niceAsh14297 is just really niceAsh14297 is just really niceAsh14297 is just really niceAsh14297 is just really niceAsh14297 is just really niceAsh14297 is just really niceAsh14297 is just really niceAsh14297 is just really niceAsh14297 is just really nice
Default Re: One way flights for those that have moved recently.

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Last summer we looked at all the options to get from CLT to London, or even Birmingham or Bristol, and back. We looked at many options, including changes in NY, DC, Atlanta, Boston, Toronto, Iceland, or Dublin (Iceland and I think Dublin required two changes). I think Boston was going to require a hotel too.

Anyhow, between all the faffing around with schedules and changes, the best outcome was only a saving of a few hundred dollars and the total journey time was much greater, and in the end we snagged direct flights at a great price, as good or better than any complex itinerary.
I do regret my descision a little bit, but $500 was a big enough of a saving to do it. If it was around $200/300 I probably wouldn't have booked them. Luckily I can get corporate rates at hotels in Vancouver through work so I'm going to try and make the most of my time there!
Old Jan 6th 2015, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

jtb87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: One way flights for those that have moved recently.

When I moved over here I bought a one way ticket on BA. I had a few air miles, not a huge amount, so I put them towards the ticket, and as I had selected one way the ticket price plummeted. So I flew on a one way to Baltimore, and used a cheap Southwest ticket to Dallas. Also, because I had used some air miles on BA, they allowed me to take 2 suitcases on board at no cost.