Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

One way flight to the USA or a Return...?

One way flight to the USA or a Return...?

Old Oct 2nd 2009, 8:48 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One way flight to the USA or a Return...?

Originally Posted by Victor88
I'm so glad others were thinking the same question too... thought I was the only one

Thats great advice all - I can book a return ticket, and just book the return for 7-8 months after I arrive... so simple when someone else says it!

Fingers crossed... let me know how it goes Meryl!
People! Folks do this all the time. There is nothing necessarily shady about it; you're going to fly the other direction *some* time, right?
I usually read of people setting the ticket for a year out, but bear in mind that the price of the ticket will change depending on how far 'out' your return is. Some of the best discounts are only for 90 day stays.
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 7:32 am
Dallas

Meryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of light

I'm willing to take the chance- even if I end up losing money I'll still have saved if you know what I mean
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

Cherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud of

I looked into my flights last night and for me and kids its cheaper to just go the one way, but in the past it has been cheaper to do round trip.
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

Cherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by meauxna
People! Folks do this all the time. There is nothing necessarily shady about it; you're going to fly the other direction *some* time, right?
I usually read of people setting the ticket for a year out, but bear in mind that the price of the ticket will change depending on how far 'out' your return is. Some of the best discounts are only for 90 day stays.
You took the words right out of my mouth. I don't get why so many other posters seem to get all bent out of shape at times on the little simple things.
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 10:38 pm
Just Joined

Victor88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cherylbe
You took the words right out of my mouth. I don't get why so many other posters seem to get all bent out of shape at times on the little simple things.
uh, in our defence... what may seem simple or obvious to you may not be so to others... we're all on the forums just looking for advice to help us, and we're certainly not 'bending out of shape in any way' over it... it's all good.

I guess if people want to help, they can help - and they earn our thanks and appreciation for doing so. If people don't want to help or feel irritated by what they see as little simple things, then fine, no drama, please carry on with your day. It isn't worth getting hung up over