British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   One-Time Heaviest Woman Dies at 63 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/one-time-heaviest-woman-dies-63-a-411282/)

kingfisher241049 Dec 1st 2006 7:47 pm

One-Time Heaviest Woman Dies at 63

http://kevxml2a.verizon.net/_1_B7WTO...&feed=ap&top=1

AUBURNDALE, Fla. - Rosalie Bradford, who held records for being the world's heaviest woman and for losing the most weight, has died. She was 63.
Bradford weighed 1,050 pounds in January 1987, according to the 1994 Guinness Book of Records. She lost 736 pounds to weigh 314 pounds in September 1992, according to the record book.

She died Wednesday at a hospital in Lakeland, about 10 miles from her Auburndale home in central Florida.

Publicist Stephen Nortier said Bradford weighed around 400 pounds just before dying. He said the cause of death won't be known until a medical examiner's report, but Bradford had spent the last year bedridden with complications from having her lymph nodes severed years ago.

At her largest, Bradford was 8 feet wide and took 90 minutes to bathe.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOW!! I need to lose weight, but thankfully I don't have the problems this poor lady had.

TruBrit Dec 1st 2006 7:50 pm

Re: One-Time Heaviest Woman Dies at 63

bloody nora what a big girl she was :o

Jerseygirl Dec 1st 2006 7:55 pm

I've just warmed two mince pies up....that's put me off them now. :mad:

Mince pie anyone?

Dan725 Dec 1st 2006 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I've just warmed two mince pies up....that's put me off them now. :mad:

Mince pie anyone?

I'll have one while we're waiting for Rushman to turn up in his Black Knight armour! :D

Irn-bru Dec 1st 2006 8:00 pm

That is so sad.
Fancy losing all that weight and you probably died of something not connected to weight problems :eek:

Jerseygirl Dec 1st 2006 8:02 pm

Wonder if Rushy will be able to resist this one. :D

Irn-bru Dec 1st 2006 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Wonder if Rushy will be able to resist this one. :D

ye of little faith....

anabella Dec 1st 2006 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by kingfisher241049

WOW!! I need to lose weight, but thankfully I don't have the problems this poor lady had.

OMG! :scared:

She was a whale!

I do feel sorry for people with her problem.. They certainly don't want to be that way, but they can't help it.. so sad.. and with the amount of junk food that we have access to nowadays it gets harder to make the right choices..

Rushman Dec 1st 2006 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by kingfisher241049

AUBURNDALE, Fla. - Rosalie Bradford, who held records for being the world's heaviest woman and for losing the most weight, has died. She was 63.
Bradford weighed 1,050 pounds in January 1987, according to the 1994 Guinness Book of Records. She lost 736 pounds to weigh 314 pounds in September 1992, according to the record book.

She died Wednesday at a hospital in Lakeland, about 10 miles from her Auburndale home in central Florida.

Publicist Stephen Nortier said Bradford weighed around 400 pounds just before dying. He said the cause of death won't be known until a medical examiner's report, but Bradford had spent the last year bedridden with complications from having her lymph nodes severed years ago.

What a tragic shame, thanks you for informing us, very interesting article. Have a pleasant weekend.

Maz Dec 1st 2006 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by Rushman
What a tragic shame, thanks you for informing us, very interesting article. Have a pleasant weekend.

I think Rushie's been abducted by alients, and an imposter put in his place... :p :D

jumping doris Dec 1st 2006 8:42 pm

This is horrible. Nasty Rushman is so much funnier.

Dan725 Dec 1st 2006 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by Maz
I think Rushie's been abducted by alients, and an imposter put in his place... :p :D

I think he's traded in his armour for a monks habit and a friar tuck haircut :)

Rushman Dec 1st 2006 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by Maz

No the "old" Rushie is no more. I have been indirectly affected by the wisdom or The Rev Mightbe and decided that I will give this "peace on Earth and goodwill to ALL men (women and hermaphrodites) a try. Have a stupendous weekend.

Rushman Dec 1st 2006 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by jumping doris
This is horrible. Nasty Rushman is so much funnier.

But not very nice...he had to go I'm afraid. have a lovely weekend.

TruBrit Dec 1st 2006 8:49 pm

But not very nice...he had to go I'm afraid. have a lovely weekend.

all very entertaining rushy but imo the more abrasive rushman is best.....just tell it like it is ;)