Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Olympic Games 2012: LONDON

Olympic Games 2012: LONDON

Old Jul 6th 2005, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Olympic Games 2012: LONDON

Olympic Games 2012 will be held in LONDON

Old Jul 6th 2005, 12:47 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Olympic Games 2012: LONDON

Originally Posted by Lothianlad

Here's the link to CNN's report on the subject:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SPORT/07/06/...ics/index.html
Old Jul 6th 2005, 12:48 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

The way I see it we've got 6 or 7 years to get good enough at something to chance our arm - so what's everyone going for?

I fancy Archery, you only have to stand about a bit and it looks easy enough to hit the big target thing, Fire a couple of arrows off and Bob's your uncle, gold medal on the mantlepiece thank you very much.

Old Jul 6th 2005, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

britchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Manc
The way I see it we've got 6 or 7 years to get good enough at something to chance our arm - so what's everyone going for?

I fancy Archery, you only have to stand about a bit and it looks easy enough to hit the big target thing, Fire a couple of arrows off and Bob's your uncle, gold medal on the mantlepiece thank you very much.

Brilliant news!

I think fencing must be pretty easy.

I always dreamed of Olympic glory when I was a little girl! I thought back then I could compete in swimming!
Old Jul 6th 2005, 12:53 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

More than one event in Archery, I believe there are 50m, 75m and Agincourt categories. Nothing better than sidling up to Sir Steve Redgrave and saying, but you only got them one at a time didn't you mate? ;-)

Old Jul 6th 2005, 12:54 pm

Pigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant future

I don't know if I'm more happy to see London win or to see France lose!!
Old Jul 6th 2005, 12:56 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pigtails
I don't know if I'm more happy to see London win or to see France lose!!
Always gives me a lift to see us hammering the surrendering froggy bastards at something!
Old Jul 6th 2005, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

TaffyinOK has a spectacular aura aboutTaffyinOK has a spectacular aura aboutTaffyinOK has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Manc

Talking of arrows .... when, oh when, are they going to make Darts an Olympic event? You KNOW we'd knock the socks off every nation in the world at Darts!
Old Jul 6th 2005, 1:07 pm
@matthewb76

Originally Posted by TaffyinOK
Talking of arrows .... when, oh when, are they going to make Darts an Olympic event? You KNOW we'd knock the socks off every nation in the world at Darts!
I think being in London, and the narrow east end streets, that Kerby should be at least a demonstration sport.

I'd be dead good at that
Old Jul 6th 2005, 1:15 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Olympic Games 2012: LONDON

Originally Posted by Lothianlad

WOW - that's great news! I am so pleased!

ELVIRA
Londoner, Exile, currently re-charging her batteris in...

(you guessed it....)

LONDON!!!

It's the greatest city in the world, and I am just soooooooooo happy to be back!
Old Jul 6th 2005, 1:20 pm
ImHere

Im entering the freestyle 100m fast food eating and the mens 1500m having a nap events..I reckon I can take a double gold no problem.

Old Jul 6th 2005, 1:21 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sibsie
Always gives me a lift to see us hammering the surrendering froggy bastards at something!

ah, don't be like that...poor old jaquie boys not having a good time.....no-one at home likes him, he lost his referendum, he got caught slagging off his mates in public and now this. Poor wee lamb Would love to be a fly on the wall at the G8........!!!

The only downside is its likely to put a smile back on the face of the grinning git, cos lets face it, for a newly elected PM he's not been smiling much lately either!

Now we ned to see the govt follow thru on their committment and get it organized properly! Any idea who the minister for Olympics is going to be?
Old Jul 6th 2005, 1:26 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Just flicked the news on, when they annouced London had won, must admit it almost bought a tear to the eye, watching everyone in front of the big screen going mental......Congrats Blighty
Old Jul 6th 2005, 1:38 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Hello ?

Is this the right thread to start the "Should we enter a GB football team" debate ?

Old Jul 6th 2005, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

About time we won the right to stage the Olympics. In 1908 & 1948 we stepped in to bail them out after the original hosts cried off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.