Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Old Time Radio

Old Time Radio

Old Jun 28th 2005, 12:23 am
This board is shite

ScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the rough
Talking Old Time Radio

Any fans of OTR shows? My wife and I collect and listen to all kinds of stuff. Mostly old Horror/Mystery shows from US & UK radio. We like Fear on Four and the kind of stuff you find on BBC Radio 7 and even some of the readings from the Little Toe show. I'm a huge fan of Tony Hancock - in fact I see there's a Hancock's Half Hour radio show on BBC 7 right now that I haven't actually got, so I'll be ripping that one off later for my collection. Was brilliant back in the UK recently, because the old Hancock TV shows had just been shown on UK Gold and my Dad had taken the time to tape them for me! :-D Anyway not sure if Hancock is your cup of tea, but always a great show with Sid James trying to con Hancock out of something, Bill Kerr being the daft Aussie stooge and some great put downs from Hattie Jaques!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbc7/listenagain/tuesday/

Last edited by ScotsmanInTexas; Jun 28th 2005 at 12:27 am.
Old Jun 28th 2005, 1:48 am
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Old Time Radio

I don't collect any of it, but I was and am a great fan of Round the Horne.
I have one tape someone gave me of Jules and Sand (Kenneth Williams and ?) pieces which is hilarious. Kenneth Horne was so genteel, yet so funny too, and such a fruity voice!
Old Jun 28th 2005, 4:13 am
This board is shite

ScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the rough
Talking Re: Old Time Radio

Originally Posted by Dimsie
I don't collect any of it, but I was and am a great fan of Round the Horne.
I have one tape someone gave me of Jules and Sand (Kenneth Williams and ?) pieces which is hilarious. Kenneth Horne was so genteel, yet so funny too, and such a fruity voice!
Yes great show! Round the Horne can be heard online on BBC 7 every week. It goes out on Wednesdays I believe. What I like about doing it this way, is that you can't miss it since you listen whenever it suits you. Can even look back over the last week! http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbc7/listenagain/wednesday/

I have a great prog which basically lets me record (digitally) any sound at all on a computer so makes mp3's out of these internet broadcasts! The prog is called Total Recorder costs about $10 but there are others out there! Same prog can be used by Voice Over artists and has various uses. Also allows me to record scheduled broadcasts at times that suit me, and I don't even need to be there at the time the show is broadcast.

Last edited by ScotsmanInTexas; Jun 28th 2005 at 4:19 am.
Old Jun 28th 2005, 2:40 pm
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Old Time Radio

Originally Posted by ScotsmanInTexas
Yes great show! Round the Horne can be heard online on BBC 7 every week. It goes out on Wednesdays I believe. What I like about doing it this way, is that you can't miss it since you listen whenever it suits you. Can even look back over the last week! http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbc7/listenagain/wednesday/

I have a great prog which basically lets me record (digitally) any sound at all on a computer so makes mp3's out of these internet broadcasts! The prog is called Total Recorder costs about $10 but there are others out there! Same prog can be used by Voice Over artists and has various uses. Also allows me to record scheduled broadcasts at times that suit me, and I don't even need to be there at the time the show is broadcast.

Thanks for the ino. I didn't realise that Round the Horne is still going out.
I listen to Radio 2 a lot but haven't tried Radio 7. Will do so.
Total Recorder sounds like a good idea too!