Reload this Page >

OK where to start.....

OK where to start.....

Old Jun 11th 2015, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

stockhall is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: OK where to start.....

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
ah, one thing that is not at all popular here is online food shopping. The supermarkets just don't do it. There are a couple of services that you can pay to do shopping for you (instacart at wholefoods) and amazon now has a 2 hour delivery for groceries service that I haven't yet used.

Costco is your friend with a big family! 1 hour and $$$$ later, you'll be stocked up for at least a month.
I only do it online, when I really can't be bothered driving, and I don't want to get caught on offers. Is it easy to join costco?

It will all be a new experience just like Aldi was over here, so wasn't keen on it at first and not so bad.
Old Jun 11th 2015, 7:48 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
Sears after sales service on re-conditioned stuff is appalling. If you don't buy their overpriced warranty, they don't want to know.

We bought washing machine and tumble dryer from a sears seconds place. There was nothing wrong with them, still in the box and new. Just an older model I guess. Then 12 months and 3 days later.... sears didn't want to know, neither did Samsung (it was a known and much quoted problem on the internet). Thankfully, home owners insurance covered it - they phoned samsung and heyho, samsung sent an engineer to replace the part.
I would argue that you were just unlucky. I have bought a number of appliances over the years, including several from "scratch and dent" stock, none have ever failed within five years of purchase (which is the longest available extended warranty, and which I have never and would never purchase). Also none have been Korean brands, which may, or may not, be significant. ...... And don't get me started about "homeowner warranties"!
Old Jun 12th 2015, 1:00 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stockhall
I only do it online, when I really can't be bothered driving, and I don't want to get caught on offers. Is it easy to join costco?
Just pay the membership fee and away you go.

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I would argue that you were just unlucky. I have bought a number of appliances over the years, including several from "scratch and dent" stock, none have ever failed within five years of purchase (which is the longest available extended warranty, and which I have never and would never purchase). Also none have been Korean brands, which may, or may not, be significant. ...... And don't get me started about "homeowner warranties"!
It is luck of the draw, but also you can just bung a bribe on the person you deal with at the store.

It really is a case of if they like you, they'll just take it and swap it for a replacement or a upgrade if they don't have it, but if they don't like you, they'll log the appliance as "used for commercial purposes" in the system and the warranty is voided on all your purchases and you're SOL, but they can change that with a change of a tick. So sometimes, it's worth buttering up the person and not necessarily asking to see the top cheese.

Allegedly...from a mate that runs the warehouse around here
Old Jun 15th 2015, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

I would like to thank you for all your advice on this board, some has be very informative.

WE have since had some further advice for my husband's future and despite me still loving round rock and the area it is more likely that our move will now be to Tampa.

There are a few things I will need to find out, like driving etc... but will look on the other boards for those.

cheers again.
Old Jun 15th 2015, 6:25 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Oh nooooo! I was looking forward to you coming here! Sure you can't change it??

Good luck with it all. Let us know how you are getting on.
Old Jun 15th 2015, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

if just me I would move to round rock without a doubt, but this would mean in a few years my husband could actually live with us.