Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

ok, mr carlos antunes

ok, mr carlos antunes

Old Sep 2nd 2001, 7:41 pm
Just Joined

brynn is an unknown quantity at this point

hi, carlos! good to read your comments--tho i didn't know such monkey's arseholes existed in the usa!
for one thing, when i was out of a job, it wasn't cos i was lazy or anything--the firm closed down and i was having a hard time getting another job as my h1b could not be used for work in another firm.
second, starting a business is not easy--i've done that too here in the uk and run it successfully for over 6 yrs--and you talk of hard work??ha!! in my business i was open 11hrs a day seven days a week; you call that sitting on my ass?
third, in america, you are automatically a loser if you happen on bad times and there's no tolerance for losers. everyone's out to make a fast buck, no matter who gets trampled in the rush.
fourth, you earn a little more; but i bet you dont get 28 days paid vacation, haha!
and fifth, your name bears it out--your a damn foreigner, mate. go back to your own country and help it become a better nation rather than being a chicken and running away to make some easy bucks!
the truth always stings--fact is, we in europe are light years ahead of you guys where work relations, courtesy, politeness and civility is concerned. at least we can take nightime walks without getting our balls blown off or wallets stolen whilst being mugged!! and i know cos i've been there!
Old Sep 2nd 2001, 9:28 pm
Rj

>
    >

They don't. You're in the UK. For someone who tries so hard for poingnancy, you sure
argue like a sixth-grader. But if you're incapable of debate without name-calling
that's your Achilles', not ours.

for one thing, when i was out of a job, it
    >
    >

That explains the irrational bitterness and overly enthusiastic hatred for the US
after having moved back home. With an attitude like that, who'd WANT someone so
assuming, self-contradicting and racist anyway?

second, starting a business is not easy--i've done that
    >
    >

There's a contradiction from the original post.

; you call that sitting on my ass? third, in America, you are
    >
    >

Ring in another assumption. Must be the company YOU keep, because I wouldn't look
down on someone during hard times, whose lost a job, been laid off, etc. Only
someone who refuses to work whom also has a family to support might fall into
that category in many people's eyes, but your ill-defined loser isn't JUST
someone who is unemployed, I think there are more requisite requirements to earn
that title.

everyone's out to make a fast buck, no matter who gets trampled in the rush. fourth,
you earn a little more; but I bet you
    >

another assumption. Besides, it's called superannuation. Anyone with a fairly
average paying job here gets at least two to three weeks PLUS personal time,
MTO, sick time, etc. All rolled together, it'd be about a month and in the UK or
Oz it would be called what? SUPERANNUATION...gee...funny how that works...

[usenetquote2]>>>>>>>and fifth, your name bears it> out--your a damn foreigner, mate. go[/usenetquote2]
back to your own country and help
    >
to make some easy bucks!

There's another assumption. Oooh, and more name calling. Did you stomp your feet
whilst slinging that mud. I'm pretty sure Carlos won't shed any tears over that one.
Also, Just because someone has a "foreign name doesn't mean they're from another
country. Besides Carlos, if you ARE an immigrant, you're the kind ANY country should
be proud to have; seemingly hard working and intelligent and willing to contribute to
the aggregate economy. (Unlike some horribly whinging Brits.)

>>>>>>>>>the truth always stings--fact is, we in Europe > are light years
ahead of you guys where work relations, courtesy, > politeness and civility is
concerned.

The truth sure does, but assumptions and generalizations just splatter on the wall
behind their targets. It's a rapidly changing world and many companies here are
adjusting to a more conducive working style for their employees. More time off,
restructured shifts, etc. Oh, and don't forget about OSHA and little things like
Right to Know and such that make working here probably the safest place to work.

Whoa, I MUST have missed something...courtesy? politeness? YOU? Add hypocritical
to the list.

[usenetquote2]>>>at least we can take nightime > walks without getting our balls blown off[/usenetquote2]
or wallets stolen whilst being
    >

Assuming again. Hmmm, I've lived 15 of my 30 years in the US and not a scratch. Same
for everyone I am close to (touch wood). "been there?" That's too bad about your
balls then. Perhaps that explains your attitude and behaviour. Pity.

If I had it to do all over again, I'd still have moved to the US, though I would have
waited several more years. Those looking to this site for information on immigration:
I guess it's not the people of the US that you'll encounter as being bitter, angry,
narcissistic and immature, rather than people like him; immigrants that look for an
indigenous experience in another land.