British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Ok I am an arse (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/ok-i-am-arse-408322/)

Manc Nov 15th 2006 8:52 pm

Ok I am an arse

I am going to UK next week........

and last week I went to Canada....................

a few days ago I thought my denim jacket was a bit mingin' so I threw it in the wash likes you do.

my passport, although now clean......is well and truly buggered......the pages stick together. and the cover is falling away from the rest of it. The only page that is basically legible is the photo page.

I am not worried about my trip, just posting because I am an arse and need to vent.

willmore Nov 15th 2006 8:55 pm

Re: Ok I am an arse

Originally Posted by Manc

a few days ago I thought my denim jacket was a bit mingin' so I threw it in the wash likes you do.

my passport, although now clean......is well and truly buggered......the pages stick together. and the cover is falling away from the rest of it. The only page that is basically legible is the photo page.

I am not worried about my trip, just posting because I am an arse and need to vent.

You were in canada, and didnt contact me? :rolleyes:

Sue Nov 15th 2006 8:59 pm

See men think they rule the world, which is pretty scary when you consider that they still can't figure out how to do a successful wash :D

Manc Nov 15th 2006 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by Sue
See men think they rule the world, which is pretty scary when you consider that they still can't figure out how to do a successful wash :D

the wash was really successful

my passport is sparkling!
messed up and hardly legible, but not a speck of dirt on it.

jumping doris Nov 15th 2006 9:06 pm

A true arse always blames someone else.

Sue Nov 15th 2006 9:08 pm

:D

LeedsGirl Nov 15th 2006 9:09 pm

A bottle of perfume smashed all over my passport, pages were stained and dog eared but that passport smelt bloody fantastic for years :D

BigDavyG Nov 15th 2006 9:21 pm

Don't sweat it mate - you'll have no probs getting into the UK, though you might have to spend the week in belmarsh :)

Jerseygirl Nov 15th 2006 10:03 pm

Men. :rolleyes:

When I was away I told my husband to leave the laundry until I returned home. Now he has a closet filled with washedout lilac clothes. :rolleyes:

Bob Nov 15th 2006 10:13 pm

hehe...aye, well the missus did the laundry a few weeks back and washed the mobile phone...I usually check double check the pockets, but forgot this time around....though I usually check the pockets again when I do the laundry, and she thought I had, so didn't....oh well :D

Philgr Nov 15th 2006 10:56 pm

I did the same thing a few years ago and was advised by the airline (Virgin) that I wouldn't be allowed to travel. I was going UK-US so maybe they were more stringent, not wanting to have to pay to repatriate me if I was refused entry into the States.

The problem was that the photo page had delaminated in the water and this is a no-no. I ended up having to go to the Passport office and getting an express turn-around. I then persuaded the post office to hold my passport at the sorting depot and picking it up on the way to my flight (waiting for the postie would have meant I missed the flight).

Hopefully yours is in better shape.

Manc Nov 15th 2006 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by Philgr
Hopefully yours is in better shape.

hopefully. it appears that the photo page is the only thing in relatively decent condition akin to what it was like going into the wash.

all my stamps have run though.........which is a pisser

frrussre Nov 15th 2006 11:05 pm

Hope you gave it a good ironing, don't want creases in it.
Reg. Frank R.

NC Penguin Nov 15th 2006 11:22 pm

First rule when doing the washing. Always check for items in pockets before putting clothes in washer... :)

NC Penguin

TRPardoe Nov 15th 2006 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by Sue

That's why chicks are supposed to do the laundry.