Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

OK have a question about Florida

OK have a question about Florida

Old Mar 6th 2006, 8:15 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OK have a question about Florida

Originally Posted by nottsinCT
There prob is last time I used that I missed the S well have you ever done it!!!!
I've never missed out the s, but I have great success in buying tickets on craigslists for far less than eBay -- for rock concerts. Why not the other?
Old Mar 6th 2006, 8:20 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Behind Super Walmart on the 192
Sorry, missed that

How about seeing some of the Gulf Coast if you haven't yet?
Old Mar 6th 2006, 8:31 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Behind Super Walmart on the 192
Lovely place.

Actually your name gave away your location but I still say go to somewhere other than Orlando...even more so if your just coming down from Ooop North for a few days. Even is you use the villa as base of Ops you can go away from the area.

The tickets....are cheapest at the gates.

Last edited by Angry White Pyjamas; Mar 6th 2006 at 8:33 pm.
Old Mar 6th 2006, 9:43 pm
Notts - CT

nottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Lovely place.

Actually your name gave away your location but I still say go to somewhere other than Orlando...even more so if your just coming down from Ooop North for a few days. Even is you use the villa as base of Ops you can go away from the area.

The tickets....are cheapest at the gates.
Thanks we plan to go around but having 2 kids we wanted to treat them to a park and I thought Busch gardens seems fun for all. we got a cheapy flight and a crappy car but as long as it gets us from A-B who cares, and gets us away from this freezin cold up here. haha
Old Mar 6th 2006, 9:55 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Why not got down south to Miami area and see South Beach and the Keys and then go off on an everglades safari and see all the wildlife.
I want to go to the keys and pretend I'm Hemingway and catch very large marlin, while getting unreasonably drunk, although I haven't got a beard.

Everglades ......can I rent an Airboat and shoot things and are they top heavy? I fear I may capsize
Old Mar 6th 2006, 10:06 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

If you do decide to head for Busch Gardens, then maybe spend the night at one of the numerous hotels in the area. There is one close to the I-275 on Busch Boulevard which I've stayed in, not bad, used to be a Best Western then.

Get up fairly early (about 8 or 9 on the road for this trip), drive down the I-275 over the Campbell Causeway, to Clearwater right till you get to the very end of the road.

Turn left after the fountain and drive down Gulf Boulevard, all the way down past the Don Cesar hotel, Huge Pink thing, you can't miss it!) hit Ft. de Soto (An old Spanish fort to protect Tampa Bay), take you about 5 mins to see..

Back onto the I-275, over the Sunshine Skyway bridge, and then down the I-75 (going down along the coast can be tricky and there is nothing really to see) till you hit Siesta Key turnoff in Sarasota.

Spend time in Siesta (awesome beach, much of it pure white quartz), has playground for small kidlets, soccer field, volleyball...bbq places. Either bbq, or have lunch at one of the little restaurant places just around the corner from the beach if you head north along the road.

Back onto the I-75 which will take you to the I-4 which takes you back to the villa.
Old Mar 6th 2006, 10:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond repute

Have you heard? The US government is officially closing Florida to the public. No more tourists or casuall visitors. They're afraid it'll sink into the ocean if too many people keep trying to squeez in there all the time.

Sheesh! During the summer holidays Florida probably exceeds it's maximum occupency load. I know, I visited the past two summers. There were more tourists in Florida than citizens in most countries. :scared:
Old Mar 6th 2006, 10:08 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
IEverglades ......can I rent an Airboat and shoot things and are they top heavy? I fear I may capsize
You may drown ...the water out there can be 12in deep in places..
Old Mar 6th 2006, 10:59 pm
Notts - CT

nottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by izibear
If you do decide to head for Busch Gardens, then maybe spend the night at one of the numerous hotels in the area. There is one close to the I-275 on Busch Boulevard which I've stayed in, not bad, used to be a Best Western then.

Get up fairly early (about 8 or 9 on the road for this trip), drive down the I-275 over the Campbell Causeway, to Clearwater right till you get to the very end of the road.

Turn left after the fountain and drive down Gulf Boulevard, all the way down past the Don Cesar hotel, Huge Pink thing, you can't miss it!) hit Ft. de Soto (An old Spanish fort to protect Tampa Bay), take you about 5 mins to see..

Back onto the I-275, over the Sunshine Skyway bridge, and then down the I-75 (going down along the coast can be tricky and there is nothing really to see) till you hit Siesta Key turnoff in Sarasota.

Spend time in Siesta (awesome beach, much of it pure white quartz), has playground for small kidlets, soccer field, volleyball...bbq places. Either bbq, or have lunch at one of the little restaurant places just around the corner from the beach if you head north along the road.

Back onto the I-75 which will take you to the I-4 which takes you back to the villa.
Sounds fantastic also got friends in Weston and Ft LAuderdale so maybe drop by for tea.. As for the overcrowding we tried xmas there last year biggest mistake of our life it was gridlock all day everyday we couldn't even get out the road at walmart.
Old Mar 7th 2006, 12:27 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

By the way its set to be 85f all this weekend here.
******* ****** **** ******* show off *******
Old Mar 7th 2006, 12:29 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Sounds fantastic also got friends in Weston and Ft LAuderdale so maybe drop by for tea.. As for the overcrowding we tried xmas there last year biggest mistake of our life it was gridlock all day everyday we couldn't even get out the road at walmart.
Ft Lauderdale is about a 4 hour drive from Kissimee straight down the turnpike. I used to live just north of it in Boca Raton. Its urbanised hell...even more than Orlando Metro, but subsitute the tourists for ancient Noo Yoiker snowbirds.

PS if you go to Busch Gardens the Shiek-Ra ride keeps getting stuck and they all have to climb down 200 ft ladders to get off. Marvelous stuff.
Old Mar 7th 2006, 12:30 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by rushman
******* ****** **** ******* show off *******

Not quite so warm your neck of the woods yet then mate?
Old Mar 7th 2006, 12:31 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ray
You may drown ...the water out there can be 12in deep in places..
I was down your way last weekend...went through your little township on my way to Clearwater.
Old Mar 7th 2006, 12:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know how anyone can afford to live there. I dragged my husband (kicking and screaming btw) for a holiday there two years ago. There are toll roads everywhere - the customer service is really crap, even Mickey was surly. The bugs are bigger than anything I'd ever want to see again (and I lived in Texas for a year :scared: ) and the weather sucks, well ok its not too bad for about 2 weeks in January.
Old Mar 7th 2006, 12:48 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone mentioned Silver Springs (just outside Ocala) or Cedar Key (above Tampa) or Apalachacola

All these places are well worth a visit (imho)

Originally Posted by izibear

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.