British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   OK have a question about Florida (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/ok-have-question-about-florida-359545/)

nottsinCT Mar 6th 2006 6:24 pm

OK have a question about Florida

Please don't get mad if it has been posted have been trying to search but nothing came up.
needed to escape the awful north east weather so I am off to Florida for a lovely 5 days with hubs and the kids got meself a nice package lovely jubbly, I need to know where is the best ticket sellers with no strings attached.. I have done disney :zzz: no coment.. and also Seaworld well worth the money, now I am looking into Busch Gardens any tips or help truely appreciated.

Patrick Mar 6th 2006 6:26 pm

Re: OK have a question about Florida

Originally Posted by nottsinCT
Please don't get mad if it has been posted have been trying to search but nothing came up.
needed to escape the awful north east weather so I am off to Florida for a lovely 5 days with hubs and the kids got meself a nice package lovely jubbly, I need to know where is the best ticket sellers with no strings attached.. I have done disney :zzz: no coment.. and also Seaworld well worth the money, now I am looking into Busch Gardens any tips or help truely appreciated.

Orlando? Florida's a pretty big state with lots of attractions all over

nottsinCT Mar 6th 2006 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by Patrick
Orlando? Florida's a pretty big state with lots of attractions all over

I know that.. but surely someone knows where to get the best deals on tickets without the timeshare crap they offer. I am going to be staying down near the walmart off the 192

Ray Mar 6th 2006 6:46 pm

I know that.. but surely someone knows where to get the best deals on tickets without the timeshare crap they offer. I am going to be staying down near the walmart off the 192

The main gate of the attraction.

Angry White Pyjamas Mar 6th 2006 6:49 pm

Ahh Tourist Central. Nice.......

Why does everyone come to Florida go to Kissimmee and Whorelando?? The State is the size of Britain! Why not got down south to Miami area and see South Beach and the Keys and then go off on an everglades safari and see all the wildlife. Or visit all the hot springs in NW Central FLA ...you can swim in them all year with the Manatees...or go to St Augustine - the oldest city in the USA and visit the excellent beaches along the space coast?

Ahh well...as said before there arent really any deals on the theme parks unless you are an FLA resident.

By the way its set to be 85f all this weekend here.

anotherlimey Mar 6th 2006 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas

Why does everyone come to Florida go to Kissimmee and Whorelando?? The State is the size of Britain! Why not got down south to Miami area and see South Beach and the Keys and then go off on an everglades safari and see all the wildlife. Or visit all the hot springs in NW Central FLA ...you can swim in them all year with the Manatees...or go to St Augustine - the oldest city in the USA and visit the excellent beaches along the space coast?

Ahh well...as said before there arent really any deals on the theme parks unless you are an FLA resident.

By the way its set to be 85f all this weekend here.

I'd second the fly-drive holiday idea; but maybe its harder with kids?

I'd probably avoid South Beach with the children though.

Angry White Pyjamas Mar 6th 2006 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by anotherlimey

Get a Chevy Trailblazer or Ford Explorer...ton of room for the kids.

Good point on South Beach...but theres plenty of other good beachs for them and of course the Keys is very nice this time of year.

Im just saying theres a huge amount of FLA that isnt Orlando/Disney crap.

Patrick Mar 6th 2006 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by anotherlimey

Unless you want another!

Angry White Pyjamas Mar 6th 2006 6:58 pm

Funny thing is one of my mates in Britain asked me where do we go for holidays now we live in the most popular holiday destinations in the world...

...Anywhere without tourists generally.

snowbunny Mar 6th 2006 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas

the Keys and then go off on an everglades safari and see all the wildlife. Or visit all the hot springs in NW Central FLA ...you can swim in them all year with the Manatees.

WHAT HE SAID.

I'd avoid the Space Coast unless there's a liftoff you want to see. There is concern over toxic waste from the space programme so don't see much point in going to the beach there vs say The Keys.

nottsinCT Mar 6th 2006 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by snowbunny
WHAT HE SAID.

I'd avoid the Space Coast unless there's a liftoff you want to see. There is concern over toxic waste from the space programme so don't see much point in going to the beach there vs say The Keys.

OK I am not coming from the UK I am in CT I have been before I have friends in Miami the villa belongs to a good friend so I took her offer for a few days I know many have been to florida and visited the parks also they have ticket box's where people sell there unused tickets all I wanted to know was does anybody recommend one in particular without the timeshare palava....
Thanks hahaha

snowbunny Mar 6th 2006 7:49 pm

OK I am not coming from the UK I am in CT I have been before I have friends in Miami the villa belongs to a good friend so I took her offer for a few days I know many have been to florida and visited the parks also they have ticket box's where people sell there unused tickets all I wanted to know was does anybody recommend one in particular without the timeshare palava....
Thanks hahaha

Surely there is a craigslist for Orlando.

TouristTrap Mar 6th 2006 8:08 pm

Where is the villa?

nottsinCT Mar 6th 2006 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by izibear
Where is the villa?

Behind Super Walmart on the 192

nottsinCT Mar 6th 2006 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Surely there is a craigslist for Orlando.

There prob is last time I used that I missed the S well have you ever done it!!!! :eek: