Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

OJ Simpson... "(If) I did it"... published!

OJ Simpson... "(If) I did it"... published!

Old Sep 16th 2007, 6:09 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OJ Simpson... "(If) I did it"... published!

Originally Posted by ex_exile
I thought you said charismatic not plain annoying

SURRRRRRRRRPRIZE, SURRRRRRPRIIIZZZZZZZZZEE!!!!!
I disliked OJ *before* the murders. Charisma and talent are relative to the eye of the beholder.
Old Sep 16th 2007, 6:15 am
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Why are you grieving the murder of one person while saying that two others who were viciously hacked to death are of no concern because they were killed by a charismatic murderer? That's ludicrous. If it turned out that Cilla Black shot the poor lad in Liverpool what would you think?

I am not grieving anybody. I couldn't care less. I am a realist. I never thought OJ was very charismatic to be honest. I always thought he was a bit of a tit. But why we are wasting time on this I dont know. It is old news. If we feel we must voice our moral outrage then so be it but c'mon, there are more important things. Lets talk about Rodney King if we want to waste time with emotive clap trap, or how about Darfur or Tibett or Mr Ghandi? How about the truth and reconciliation comittee or the virgin mary? There is a big picture and OJ Simpson isn't in it. It is bad manners of me to bitch about a thread, especially when thinking of some of the crap threads I have started but please, really, and so what, basically. Lets all have a nap and think of something that matters. Please?
Old Sep 16th 2007, 6:27 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Feel free to start a thread on any of the big issues; I'm concerned too. I changed my signature tonight after going to a gig at which Muse played a recording of John Kennedy's speech in which he exhorted the media and all Americans to do their duty and study the facts and chastise a government operating under secrecy and lies. I felt like this English band were begging us as an American audience to *wake up* and stop the madness that Bush and company have begun, this pestilence which affects the whole world.
Old Sep 16th 2007, 12:19 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Silly Sod;5316803]
Originally Posted by Elvira
Same here.

How could he even eat a meal bought with this money.......... would make my stomach turn...[/QUOTE

Without wishing to be a tosspot Elvira but.......do you have any money invested anywhere? Do you have a bank account? Do you deal with barclays, TSB, Royal Bank, Co-Op even? If so, in fact if any, dont eat again because your bank is probably more involved in more deaths than Oj wanky Simpson could ever dream of. Don't mean to paint the big picture here but.....erm.....smell that cofee
If you are suggesting that having a bank account is the same as profiting from this utterly tasteless book you really need your head examined.

And your suggestion that we need to stick to 'truly important' subjects is just ridiculous.

I think you need to take a chill pill...
Old Sep 16th 2007, 2:07 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Silly Sod
Ithe crap threads I have started but please, really, and so what, basically. Lets all have a nap and think of something that matters. Please?
Oh please!!!! How have you got the nerve to say that .....
If you asking yourself these question ..you know what its
time for ...
Old Sep 16th 2007, 5:20 pm
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Elvira;5317671]

If you are suggesting that having a bank account is the same as profiting from this utterly tasteless book you really need your head examined.

And your suggestion that we need to stick to 'truly important' subjects is just ridiculous.

I think you need to take a chill pill...
I have. I was being rather combative last night. Your thread is very relevant and I can be an ass at times. I do think there are more important issues but then again this is a public forum to talk about whatever people want to talk about. Forgive for becoming like some of the people on here that I dread becoming like. My unreserved apolgies to all.
Old Sep 16th 2007, 5:23 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Silly Sod;5318516]
Originally Posted by Elvira

I have. I was being rather combative last night. Your thread is very relevant and I can be an ass at times. I do think there are more important issues but then again this is a public forum to talk about whatever people want to talk about. Forgive for becoming like some of the people on here that I dread becoming like. My unreserved apolgies to all.
What's up Darling - anything we can do to help?
Old Sep 16th 2007, 6:31 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Las Vegas police arrest O.J. Simpson in connection with an alleged armed robbery, source tells CNN
Old Sep 17th 2007, 11:29 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=Elvira;5317671]

I think he was saying that it's a lot worse.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

simongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kingfisher241049
It seems strange to me that although O.J. was found innocent in criminal court, a civil court can find him liable for the deaths and make him pay out millions to the families of those involved. This kind of thing simply would'nt happen in the UK, when a not guilty verdict means you are not liable civilly or criminally.

I was going to write the same thing and then I saw your post. WTF??? He is not guilty in one court and guilty in another? Ummm....you are either guilty or not. He is so obviously guilty and now his true personality is coming through. Visit www.tmz.com and you can listen to an audio tape of him when he was in Las Vegas. On the topic of the book, that is just sick. Making money off the murder of two people is just sick. Says a lot about the society we live in.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 8:49 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Feel free to start a thread on any of the big issues; I'm concerned too. I changed my signature tonight after going to a gig at which Muse played a recording of John Kennedy's speech in which he exhorted the media and all Americans to do their duty and study the facts and chastise a government operating under secrecy and lies. I felt like this English band were begging us as an American audience to *wake up* and stop the madness that Bush and company have begun, this pestilence which affects the whole world.
You do know that the Kennedy administration backed a coup to overthrow the government of Iraq, right? I believe it's where Saddam started his career.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 9:17 pm
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Just because Mark Fuhrman planted evidence in the past doesn't mean it did it in the OJ Simpson case, and even if he did, it does not mean OJ was not guilty.
Amen!
Old Sep 20th 2007, 7:14 am
Lapine Member

Originally Posted by cindyabs
You do know that the Kennedy administration backed a coup to overthrow the government of Iraq, right? I believe it's where Saddam started his career.
Kennedy was no angel but I do think that what he said was true. I don't know what's worse, someone who speaks rousingly but does the dirty dealing behind the scenes, or someone who speaks his audience into stupor and depression and still does the dirty dealing.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 5:07 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simongb
On the topic of the book, that is just sick. Making money off the murder of two people is just sick. Says a lot about the society we live in.
You do realize that it's the Goldman family who are making money from this book.

Anyone got a copy yet?
Old Sep 26th 2007, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

simongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
You do realize that it's the Goldman family who are making money from this book.

Anyone got a copy yet?

I had heard that and I was really disappointed in the Goldman family. Regardless if they are owed money from the civil suit or not, they should not have received any income through the sale of this book. That is just wrong. Especially after they had gone on Larry King and called a OJ a monster for trying to get this book published. Hypocrites!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.