Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Oi! Help bank issues!

Oi! Help bank issues!

Old Jan 9th 2010, 2:38 pm
Questy Questionson

agentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond repute
Default Oi! Help bank issues!

My husband accidentially overdrew his UK account ( here in the US ) How can i get money to his account to stop the overdraft fees piling up?? and fast!
Old Jan 9th 2010, 2:43 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oi! Help bank issues!

Originally Posted by agentpeppermint
My husband accidentially overdrew his UK account ( here in the US ) How can i get money to his account to stop the overdraft fees piling up?? and fast!

Issue a wire transfer on Monday. It won't be instanteous and will cost but it will do the trick.
Old Jan 9th 2010, 2:45 pm
Questy Questionson

agentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Issue a wire transfer on Monday. It won't be instanteous and will cost but it will do the trick.
is there any way online i can do it? like paypal it? i just need to put in about 35 pound.

the exchange rate changed a little bit and i miscalculated the fee for him to withdraw money
Old Jan 9th 2010, 2:52 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

It's possible to use paypal if you have it linked to the UK account. But doesn't that take a few days too?
Old Jan 9th 2010, 2:53 pm
Questy Questionson

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
It's possible to use paypal if you have it linked to the UK account. But doesn't that take a few days too?
Thats ok.... he has a UK account and he has a US account with our bankcard and his credit card hooked in... i can try that I suppose!
Old Jan 9th 2010, 2:58 pm
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

Can someone in the UK chuck £35 in for you - it would probably be quicker. Whenever I have bought something on behalf of someone in the UK they just do a transfer from their UK bank to ours online.
Old Jan 9th 2010, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

Also be aware that (dare I mention them?) LTSB (I did) charge me 35GBP to put money into my account from US account! so check with the bank or you could end up owing even more than you did, if you see what I mean, also the above company erm 'decide' on their own interest rate and NEVER resembles anything we see, always in their favor strangely enough?????????

They arent my bankers any more BTW!
Old Jan 9th 2010, 6:54 pm
Questy Questionson

Originally Posted by traceym
Also be aware that (dare I mention them?) LTSB (I did) charge me 35GBP to put money into my account from US account! so check with the bank or you could end up owing even more than you did, if you see what I mean, also the above company erm 'decide' on their own interest rate and NEVER resembles anything we see, always in their favor strangely enough?????????

They arent my bankers any more BTW!
he had a natwest account, but they wouldnt give him a visa debit card so he could spend it here in the us... ltsb did which makes it easier for us since his family insists on sending british money to us, now they just take it to his mum and she deposits it for him.

it works for us, but theyre nasty with the overdraft fees! we applied for overdraft protection ( the stupid exchange rate messes up the account more than anything and of course with my miscalculation), i told him how much he could take out and we went over 2 pound 5 p.!!!
Old Jan 9th 2010, 8:15 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

do you have the LTSB account linked with any others?, if so the fastest way is to transfer between these accounts...if not any wire transfer can take 3-4 days (and can cost at least £20)

or as somebody said, get somebody to put money in for you in the UK, just make sure you put in a little bit more to cover their inflated costs..
Old Jan 9th 2010, 8:50 pm
Questy Questionson

Originally Posted by lisag8070
do you have the LTSB account linked with any others?, if so the fastest way is to transfer between these accounts...if not any wire transfer can take 3-4 days (and can cost at least £20)

or as somebody said, get somebody to put money in for you in the UK, just make sure you put in a little bit more to cover their inflated costs..
2 pound 5 p lol his mums going on monday to put in enough to bring it up, on tuesday his aunt is supposed to be adding money for my birthday so that will have to go for overdraft fees lol...
Old Jan 10th 2010, 9:14 am
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

2 pound 5 p lol his mums going on monday to put in enough to bring it up, on tuesday his aunt is supposed to be adding money for my birthday so that will have to go for overdraft fees lol...
good news...but make sure she asks..."does this cover everything" you never know with the banks because if the account is overdrawn in the morning and the money gets put in in the afternoon they may still try and charge a fee for that day..
Old Jan 10th 2010, 12:28 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe try telling them to shove their overdraft fee up their arse*?

*you may need to play with the phrasing but you get the drift...