Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Oh, you have a green card? Please face the camera..... Oh and welcome home

Oh, you have a green card? Please face the camera..... Oh and welcome home

Old Jan 30th 2009, 11:12 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oh, you have a green card? Please face the camera..... Oh and welcome home

Originally Posted by English Muffin
Just the index finger of each hand.
Bastards. I hope you picked your nose while you were in the queue!
Old Jan 30th 2009, 11:14 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oh, you have a green card? Please face the camera..... Oh and welcome home

Originally Posted by chartreuse
I thought you were US, born and bred?
Don't be silly.. what's his is mine of course.

The part that is indescribable is that I stand to collect a widow's portion of it after he offs.. never mind that we weren't even a glimmer in each others' mind when he was on the job.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 11:21 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna
Don't be silly.. what's his is mine of course.

The part that is indescribable is that I stand to collect a widow's portion of it after he offs.. never mind that we weren't even a glimmer in each others' mind when he was on the job.
Ah, that makes sense. I'm in an old fashioned private sector pension, myself. Less reprehensible, because the taxpayer doesn't fund it, but about as good. Likewise, stuff for spouse when I kark, etc. But the "death in service" benefits are even better. If I was to kark it within the next 28 days, SWMBO would be set for life!
Old Jan 30th 2009, 11:23 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, that makes sense. I'm in an old fashioned private sector pension, myself. Less reprehensible, because the taxpayer doesn't fund it, but about as good. Likewise, stuff for spouse when I kark, etc. But the "death in service" benefits are even better. If I was to kark it within the next 28 days, SWMBO would be set for life!
Give her my number; I'll see what we can work out.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 11:24 pm

Give her my number; I'll see what we can work out.
The kitten posted that, I swear!!!
Scat!
Old Jan 30th 2009, 11:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

English Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
Bastards. I hope you picked your nose while you were in the queue!
Always have done. One finger in each nostril.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 11:29 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by English Muffin
Always have done. One finger in each nostril.
While scratching your arse at the same time I hope. Well done!
Old Jan 30th 2009, 11:31 pm

The kitten posted that, I swear!!!
Scat!
S'Okay. I've always been worth more dead than alive
Old Mar 9th 2009, 4:07 am
N99sea

naomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond repute

I had my fingerprints taken yesterday in Houston (flying in from Mexico), and for some reason the fingerprints wouldn't register in the system. I had to go into the "special" immigration room at the airport while they did extra verification. My husband and daughter were waiting for me outside with our luggage (U.S. citizens), and we almost missed our connecting flight to Seattle. My fingerprints cleared in the end, but it was a scary 30 minutes I have to say.
Naomi.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

ri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of light

I've come in twice now since this came into effect - PHL index fingers only, IAD all of them (at the same time on big scanner thingy). Still went through citizens line and neither took v long.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by ri_mischief
I've come in twice now since this came into effect - PHL index fingers only, IAD all of them (at the same time on big scanner thingy). Still went through citizens line and neither took v long.
I got printed at JFK on Saturday. It wanted all 4 fingers of my right hand, but they had one of those widescreen scanners, so it was just one pass. I chatted with the agent about it and she said it asks for different things from time to time. She figured that because I had all mine done when I got the visa, I was in the system, hence not all 10.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Norri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond repute

I got printed at JFK on Saturday. It wanted all 4 fingers of my right hand, but they had one of those widescreen scanners, so it was just one pass. I chatted with the agent about it and she said it asks for different things from time to time. She figured that because I had all mine done when I got the visa, I was in the system, hence not all 10.
That's good, Big Brother has you under the microscope and catalogued.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by Norri
That's good, Big Brother has you under the microscope and catalogued.
Do try to keep up, there's a good chap. The point of my post was to add, to the corpus of knowledge, a datum about the fingerprint selection algorithm. I was fighting privacy wars when you were in short pants (possibly).
Old Jun 28th 2009, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute

Of potentially little to no interest, but anyway...

When flying back from Toronto yesterday, I wasn't fingerprinted. I went through US immigration when in Toronto.

Only thing I got a frown for was not declaring a T-shirt I bought in Canada that I was wearing at the time... thank god they didn't confiscate it

Old Jun 28th 2009, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

markhawksley is an unknown quantity at this point

I passed through passport control at Miami last week with my USC wife and didn't have to do any of the US VISIT stuff. The nice lady just scanned our passports and my PR card, asked us where we went and whether we had a nice time. Then she stamped and we were done. One lady in front of us in line did have to give her prints and photo, as did some other green card holders, but then other PRs didn't. I didn't see any patterns. Perhaps it's only for people who got their cards after a certain date, or possibly conditional residents.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.