Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Oh well, there goes summer

Wikiposts

Oh well, there goes summer

Old Oct 31st 2003, 2:11 am
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

You can't have Halloween when it's 76 degrees outside !

Gone cold here at nightime, but this weekend the daytime temp with be touching 80.
Now that's just silly !

Old Oct 31st 2003, 2:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Rockgurl
LOL Pimpbot! I'm quite relieved actually. The thought of arriving off the plane laden with suitcases in 115 degree weather had put the fear of God into me! 75 will do nicely thank you very much! It's absolutely grotty here in London so I'll be pleased to see a little blue sky and sunshine. Just how chilly does it get in Arizona, anyway?
Its been known to get into the 40's or 50's during the winter, but when I was here back in january/febuary, the average daily temp was between 60 and 70 degrees with lows in the 40's. If you ever want to feel the chill, just head up to northern AZ where the lows have been in the 30's for a few weeks now and they are talking about getting snow on the San Francisco peaks near Flagstaff this weekend. I was talking to my brother a few days ago back home, and he was out in his garage where he could see his own breath it was that cold, where as I was sitting out on the patio with ice in my drink
Old Oct 31st 2003, 4:18 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by scotch03
Still burning here in SoCal!!!!!!
The irony. Nice play on words.

Here in Atlanta the temp sank to 60F, but now for Halloween is back up in the upper 70s, yay. I prefer it warm so I'm all about the weather getting nice again for the weekend...unfortunately my husband likes it cold. *L* Too bad the temp will drop again in a week. I guess the heat will have to be turned on before too long.
Old Oct 31st 2003, 4:38 am
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Halloween is definately better in the warm! What kid wants to wear an overcoat over their costume?

Have a listen to Jerry Seinfeld remeniscing (sp?) about Halloween:

Part 1 Part 2
Old Oct 31st 2003, 4:45 am
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

It's only just started to get cold up here in oar-gone. I'm still walking around in a thin jumper whilst the natives are wrapped up in coats, gloves, scarfs etc.

"you must be used to this weather coming from that cold island?"

"what mild winters? not really, it's usually quite cold this time of year in the UK"
Old Oct 31st 2003, 4:53 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ladyofthelake
What kid wants to wear an overcoat over their costume?
OMG, I went to Target and saw the most brilliant idea for that! It was a costume for a little kid, and it was made out of a coat! So the kid can wear the coat to stay warm, but it's the costume at the same time. I thought it was pretty smart and of course it looked way cute at the same time.
Old Oct 31st 2003, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

effi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Rockgurl
LOL Pimpbot! I'm quite relieved actually. The thought of arriving off the plane laden with suitcases in 115 degree weather had put the fear of God into me! 75 will do nicely thank you very much! It's absolutely grotty here in London so I'll be pleased to see a little blue sky and sunshine. Just how chilly does it get in Arizona, anyway?
It can get down in the 30's overnite round about Jan/Feb time. We have had frost delays on the golf course. A couple of years ago it snowed here and it was on all the news channels. It didn't even lie, there was so little of it. Anyway, you get acclimatized to the heat here and when it drops below 80 it feels cold. Xmas is nice, it is usually in the 80s. My son came down from Philly last year for Xmas and it was too hot for him to sit outside. The weather starts turning hot again round about April/May time (over 100). I don't go in the pool unless the water temp is at least 90°, and this from someone from Scotland who used to swim in the North Sea, go figure!
Old Oct 31st 2003, 10:14 am
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by effi
It can get down in the 30's overnite round about Jan/Feb time. We have had frost delays on the golf course. A couple of years ago it snowed here and it was on all the news channels. It didn't even lie, there was so little of it. Anyway, you get acclimatized to the heat here and when it drops below 80 it feels cold. Xmas is nice, it is usually in the 80s. My son came down from Philly last year for Xmas and it was too hot for him to sit outside. The weather starts turning hot again round about April/May time (over 100). I don't go in the pool unless the water temp is at least 90°, and this from someone from Scotland who used to swim in the North Sea, go figure!
OK thanx effi. Looks like I'm being sensible then, as I'm bringing a selection of winter and summer clothes just in case. Besides, I'll be travelling between CT and AZ every month, and you can't get much opposite than that! I have visions of me getting on the plane in Arizona dressed in shorts and t-shirt and changing in the loo on the way over, and emerging in boots and duvet jacket!
Old Nov 1st 2003, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

This is one of my favourite times in Florida- the weather is absolutely gorgeous- lower humidity and cooling down at night. another week or so and we can turn that damned AC off and open all the doors and windows- fresh air!!! Love it!