British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   OH NO! Sad Sir Paul Mac (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/oh-no-sad-sir-paul-mac-282368/)

CaliforniaBride Feb 7th 2005 12:57 am

OH NO! Sad Sir Paul Mac

I'm not much interested in the Super Bowl but had to take a look at this years replacement for the wardrobe malfunction.

Well what a turnaround. Poor old Sir Paul looked like he wished the mic was his zimmer frame, the pyrotechnics were more exciting than the performer and his movements were reminiscent of late onset arthritis! And where did they get all those teenage girls that were screaming and drooling on the front row. They looked like they'd had too much grape soda.

Mick Jagger, yes, David Bowie, yes at a push old Rod, but please no more pitiful Paul.

sibsie Feb 7th 2005 1:01 am

Re: OH NO! Sad Sir Paul Mac

I switched over from HBO for the half time show. Didn't he look dreadful. His face looked like it needed a bloody good iron. He'd look far better with grey hair than a dye job too.

CaliforniaBride Feb 7th 2005 1:01 am

Originally Posted by sibsie
I switched over from HBO for the half time show. Didn't he look dreadful. His face looked like it needed a bloody good iron. He'd look far better with grey hair than a dye job too.

PMSL! Spot on missus!

sibsie Feb 7th 2005 1:15 am

At least he didn't get his man boobs out. I've a feeling that would have been more offensive and damaging than Janet's nip!

dgsyd1 Feb 7th 2005 2:13 am

I'll take Paul McCartney anytime over the talentless noise polluters they had on last years show. It was actually a pretty good halftime show, and not too OTT for a change, and nice to see Macca slipping in a song which talks about transvestites and buying dope, wonder what the FCC will think about that?

I do have to agree with my other half though, who commented that there is something ironic about getting an English musician to do the halftime show for a game which hardly anyone from England understands, or gives a toss about.

CaliforniaBride Feb 7th 2005 2:16 am

Originally Posted by dgsyd1
I'll take Paul McCartney anytime over the talentless noise polluters they had on last years show.

Showing your age there? :D

dgsyd1 Feb 7th 2005 2:22 am

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
Showing your age there? :D

Ummmmmm, 31 as of a fortnight ago. ;)

CaliforniaBride Feb 7th 2005 2:22 am

Ummmmmm, 31 as of a fortnight ago. ;)

Bloody hell, is that in dog years?

dgsyd1 Feb 7th 2005 2:24 am

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
Bloody hell, is that in dog years?

:D :D :D

doctor scrumpy Feb 7th 2005 10:12 am

I'll take Paul McCartney anytime over the talentless noise polluters they had on last years show. It was actually a pretty good halftime show, and not too OTT for a change, and nice to see Macca slipping in a song which talks about transvestites and buying dope, wonder what the FCC will think about that?

I do have to agree with my other half though, who commented that there is something ironic about getting an English musician to do the halftime show for a game which hardly anyone from England understands, or gives a toss about.

Better than the crap churned out by Pop Idol & the like, who won last years ? Some foghorned tart who sang at the All Star game & made Roseanne Barr's version of the Star Spangled Banner seem talented.

elfman Feb 7th 2005 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by doctor scrumpy
Better than the crap churned out by Pop Idol & the like, who won last years ? Some foghorned tart who sang at the All Star game & made Roseanne Barr's version of the Star Spangled Banner seem talented.

Agreed 100%. I quite enjoyed McCartney's set and so did the Mrs. So what if all four songs he did were 30+ years old. Now where are my pipe and slippers?

But the much-hyped special superbowl ads were all pretty lame though, I thought. By far the weirdest one was the credit card ad with Gladys Knight playing rugby for England. What the hell was that all about?

Or did I dream that?

clydegirl Feb 7th 2005 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by elfman
Agreed 100%. I quite enjoyed McCartney's set and so did the Mrs. So what if all four songs he did were 30+ years old. Now where are my pipe and slippers?

But the much-hyped special superbowl ads were all pretty lame though, I thought. By far the weirdest one was the credit card ad with Gladys Knight playing rugby for England. What the hell was that all about?

Or did I dream that?

Hear hear .I enjoyed the show.Much better than all the rap and crotch grabbing we were subjected to last year.
He looks good for his age :D

Britdrinker Feb 7th 2005 2:51 pm

You can watch 'em all over again at http://dyn.ifilm.com/superbowlads/

Or did I dream that?

ukemigrant Feb 7th 2005 10:40 pm

Or did I dream that?

I was very disappointed she wasn't rugby tackled at the end - what a missed opportunity!

doctor scrumpy Feb 7th 2005 11:44 pm

Memsahib & I liked the Cedric The Entertainer one where he has the 2 dusky maidens & beer on the desert Island. All that nagging & the tag line..>Damn I gotta work on my fantasies