Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Oh Gosh! Help...

Wikiposts

Oh Gosh! Help...

Old Nov 16th 2011, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

frambuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really nice
Default Re: Oh Gosh! Help...

Originally Posted by GetOutOfBlighty
Thanks frambuesas - the blog post was... urm, informative

I just really want to get it out of the way... I've been sat up tonight having a few bottles of beer and labelling A4 folders/sleeves with what document is inside . Not sure if I need to do it, but hey... it's calming me down.
Ha ha ha, not sure how to take that?! I just got a lot of comments asking for an *exact* outline of the day from people about to go through the same thing, so I obliged at the time. Sorry if it was a bit waffly.

Organising/slight administrative OCD is definitely calming. As is beer. But try to get some sleep too.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 9:46 am
Lump Of Coal

GetOutOfBlighty is just really niceGetOutOfBlighty is just really niceGetOutOfBlighty is just really niceGetOutOfBlighty is just really niceGetOutOfBlighty is just really niceGetOutOfBlighty is just really niceGetOutOfBlighty is just really niceGetOutOfBlighty is just really nice

Originally Posted by frambuesas
Ha ha ha, not sure how to take that?! I just got a lot of comments asking for an *exact* outline of the day from people about to go through the same thing, so I obliged at the time. Sorry if it was a bit waffly.

Organising/slight administrative OCD is definitely calming. As is beer. But try to get some sleep too.
Hahaha, no the blog was great and really informative I was being a little sarcastic.

Yeah, the beer is having a calming effect... not sure if that's a good thing though!
Old Nov 16th 2011, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

frambuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really nice

Hahaha, no the blog was great and really informative I was being a little sarcastic.

Yeah, the beer is having a calming effect... not sure if that's a good thing though!
Ah, okay. Well, just make sure you can get up in time for work - you don't want to be THAT relaxed!
Old Nov 16th 2011, 9:50 am
Lump Of Coal

GetOutOfBlighty is just really niceGetOutOfBlighty is just really niceGetOutOfBlighty is just really niceGetOutOfBlighty is just really niceGetOutOfBlighty is just really niceGetOutOfBlighty is just really niceGetOutOfBlighty is just really niceGetOutOfBlighty is just really nice

Originally Posted by frambuesas
Ah, okay. Well, just make sure you can get up in time for work - you don't want to be THAT relaxed!
I'll be fine
Old Nov 17th 2011, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

katiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of light

Take a deep breath, get there earlier than you think you should since the line gets long very quickly, and be prepared to wait for a VERY VERY VERY long time.

Good luck!
Old Nov 17th 2011, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

Good luck TODAY! Fingers crossed for you.
Old Nov 17th 2011, 9:45 pm
Lump Of Coal

Thankyou everyone!

Approved today!! Was really good experience.

Got to the embassy at 7:45, no que - walked in, got my ticket I904. Saw a nice guy in window 1 who checked my documents. (8:40AM) sat down and was called to window 16 at 9:30AM to be greeted by a professional looking ConOff.

Asked me to raise my right hand, swear everything was true - asked me 3 questions

1. When did you get married.
2. How long have you known your wife.
3. Where did you meet your wife.

Tapped away on her computer - then told me my visa was approved, returned my documents (apart from my police check) and told me to go pay the courier fee.

Walked out the door at 09:59!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

will write more later, off to meet the wife for lunch!
Old Nov 17th 2011, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

lorenei is on a distinguished road

Yaaay! Congratulations!!!
Old Nov 18th 2011, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

CAProgrammer is an unknown quantity at this point

Thankyou everyone!

Approved today!! Was really good experience.

Got to the embassy at 7:45, no que - walked in, got my ticket I904. Saw a nice guy in window 1 who checked my documents. (8:40AM) sat down and was called to window 16 at 9:30AM to be greeted by a professional looking ConOff.

Asked me to raise my right hand, swear everything was true - asked me 3 questions

1. When did you get married.
2. How long have you known your wife.
3. Where did you meet your wife.

Tapped away on her computer - then told me my visa was approved, returned my documents (apart from my police check) and told me to go pay the courier fee.

Walked out the door at 09:59!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

will write more later, off to meet the wife for lunch!
Congrats!
Old Nov 18th 2011, 2:11 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!
Old Nov 19th 2011, 2:22 am
Forum Regular

elliot101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations!

Out of interest how long did the process take you?
Old Nov 19th 2011, 2:52 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elliot101
If you click on someone's username, you'll be able to read their prior posts... which should give you the answer you want. I'll warn you though, knowing the answer to the question won't actually help you - and could be bad for your health.

Ian
Old Nov 20th 2011, 10:14 pm
Lump Of Coal

Originally Posted by elliot101
Congratulations!

My wife submitted the I-130 petition on 23rd June 2011, I was approved on 18th November 2011
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 2:07 am
Lump Of Coal

My wife submitted the I-130 petition on 23rd June 2011, I was approved on 18th November 2011
Just thought I'd update and say that the visa was delivered today
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 2:13 am
Forum Regular

elliot101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.