British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Oh god, not again.. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/oh-god-not-again-765156/)

lansbury Jul 16th 2012 6:08 pm

Re: Oh god, not again..

Very sorry to hear about your Dad. Condolences to you and your family.

E3only Jul 16th 2012 11:29 pm

Sorry to hear that.....take care.

Dan725 Jul 16th 2012 11:36 pm

Very sad to hear - my condolences.

Bluegrass Lass Jul 17th 2012 12:34 am

My condolences augigi. Sorry to hear of your loss.

Holliver Jul 17th 2012 12:37 am

Sorry for your loss.

scrubbedexpat097 Jul 17th 2012 2:47 am

Originally Posted by augigi (Post 10174687)
It was 2 years since my mum died last Thursday - then tonight I got a call that my dad died in his sleep last night at his holiday house. He wasn't well but certainly didn't expect that. Peaceful way to go though, if there's any silver lining. Ugh. Sucks being an expat at times like this.

:( Sad news.

Take care x

HarryTheSpider Jul 17th 2012 5:13 am

My condolences on your loss.

RIP your dad, and look after yourself too.

Jacksie Jul 17th 2012 5:30 am

Very sorry to hear of your loss, it is always tough losing a loved one, even tougher when you are so far away. He died peacefully so that is a small comfort.

penguinbar Jul 18th 2012 5:19 am

Sorry for your loss.

Ozzidoc Jul 18th 2012 8:46 am

Originally Posted by penguinbar (Post 10178679)
Sorry for your loss.

Thinking of you.

So sorry to hear this news.

Please take good care.

IPM Jul 18th 2012 2:40 pm

I can really empathize. I lost my mother unexpectedly in January and then in March my father suffered a heart attack. He survived, but really feels alone as I have no siblings and a very small family.

We are currently having a real dilemma as to whether to return to the UK next year or stay longer. My company has offered Green Cards and the family is settled. The prospect of returning to the UK depresses me..

Kind wishes

augigi Jul 24th 2012 6:07 am

Thanks for the good wishes all. Just got back from the trip back for the funeral. It was really lovely to catch up with so many people I hadn't seen for years, and to spend time with my brother and sisters and their families. I guess if you've gotta go, in your sleep at your holiday house after a good day with your mates is the way to do it.

denzil75 Jul 24th 2012 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by augigi (Post 10189406)
Thanks for the good wishes all. Just got back from the trip back for the funeral. It was really lovely to catch up with so many people I hadn't seen for years, and to spend time with my brother and sisters and their families. I guess if you've gotta go, in your sleep at your holiday house after a good day with your mates is the way to do it.

I am so sorry for your loss. At least you got to see the rest of the family and you're right what better way to go than after a good day out with his mates.

Dan725 Jul 26th 2012 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by augigi (Post 10189406)
Thanks for the good wishes all. Just got back from the trip back for the funeral. It was really lovely to catch up with so many people I hadn't seen for years, and to spend time with my brother and sisters and their families.

I know exactly how you feel - exact same thing for me when my mum passed in January. Tragic event - but bringing people together and catching up is exactly what they'd have wanted.

Poppy girl Jul 26th 2012 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by augigi (Post 10174687)
It was 2 years since my mum died last Thursday - then tonight I got a call that my dad died in his sleep last night at his holiday house. He wasn't well but certainly didn't expect that. Peaceful way to go though, if there's any silver lining. Ugh. Sucks being an expat at times like this.

Very sorry to just read this, lost my mum 3 days prior to your dad so I feel for you.