Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Oh GAWD ... what food would you like to gobble up?

Oh GAWD ... what food would you like to gobble up?

Old Aug 5th 2005, 2:23 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oh GAWD ... what food would you like to gobble up?

Originally Posted by Lynne
Hey Bob this sounds like a good idea. Without wishing to sound like an engineer, is there one type of bean that holds its heat more than others? Is long grain rice better than short grain? And, should Wintersong be correct and you do mean baked beans, with or without pork??
cheeky monkey

any ole rice will do, or large dried beans....oh, and tie the end of the sock as well
Old Aug 5th 2005, 2:24 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Shouldn't this be on top tips. I also used the heated rice in the socks as a heat pad when I pulled a muscle in my back, works great.
That's what I used it for originally...
Old Aug 5th 2005, 2:24 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Celsius
Where do you get these ideas? Sounds like a Boy Scouts tip.

you'd be surprised, but they sell 'em to the tourists around here...albeit with a pretty moose print or something else of maine on the material *l*
Old Aug 5th 2005, 5:21 am
Franklin

Originally Posted by Bob
you'd be surprised, but they sell 'em to the tourists around here...albeit with a pretty moose print or something else of maine on the material *l*
Anyone know some good eating places in downtown Orlando, FL? I am staying in downtown Orlando for a few days, would like to try out some nice eating establishments. Anyone recommend any? Particularly, anyone know if there is a decent British pub in downtown Orlando that serves, e.g., bangers and mash with lashings of dark brown gravy?

Old Aug 5th 2005, 4:16 pm
Paul

smeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Franklin
... wot, you don't want popadoms, curries, Indian food? "SMEG!" What about "curry night"? I am hoping you are a Red Dwarf fan. If not, please accept my most humble apologies.
I'm a discrace to Red Dwarf fans worldwide in that I don't ctually like curry which is a shame, as there is a great indian place in Salem, if that would scratch my itch.

But no, I'm day dreaming of sausage rolls and chips right ow
Old Aug 7th 2005, 4:13 pm
Franklin

Originally Posted by Guelder Rose
ps Thank you Franklin ... I've been here a while now and would probably never have known that a Brit store was just 40 miles away if this thread had not prompted me to search!
Your welcome!

Old Aug 7th 2005, 4:37 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Franklin
Anyone know some good eating places in downtown Orlando, FL? I am staying in downtown Orlando for a few days, would like to try out some nice eating establishments. Anyone recommend any? Particularly, anyone know if there is a decent British pub in downtown Orlando that serves, e.g., bangers and mash with lashings of dark brown gravy?
There are some good Korean places to eat downtown....I've only been to the Korean part of downtown......so I don't know anywhere else........maybe you should look in a travel guide..........