Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Oh GAWD ... what food would you like to gobble up?

Oh GAWD ... what food would you like to gobble up?

Old Aug 3rd 2005, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oh GAWD ... what food would you like to gobble up?

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
I didn't know she was food. Dare I ask? What flavor is she?

NC Penguin
Hopefully not fish.
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 8:52 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
We used to raise sheep on our farm in Vermont, in fact there's quite a few sheep in the state. Used to sell the lambs downcountry for Greek Easter.
I have heard nothing but good things about the lamb from Sam's Club.
I've just had a look..our lamb is Australian.....I put a lot in the freezer after cooking the first ones and finding them so good......
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 9:07 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by krizzy
I've just had a look..our lamb is Australian.....I put a lot in the freezer after cooking the first ones and finding them so good......

I always heard that the lamb from around Mont St Michel was good-grazing on the salt marsh grass?!
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 9:11 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

We used to raise sheep on our farm in Vermont, in fact there's quite a few sheep in the state. Used to sell the lambs downcountry for Greek Easter.
I have heard nothing but good things about the lamb from Sam's Club.
That's fun

I've seen a sheep's place someone in the state as well, but they were never open when I went passed...and Sam's Club do have fairly good lamb, but it's normally way to expensive, well I think so...but when it's on a deal, I'd get some
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 9:14 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Guelder Rose
Cornish pasties ... and real Cornish fudge! They sell stuff here that they call fudge, but it's absolutely disgusting ... that is, unless you are partial to soft, squishy lumps of sugar type stuff. Now I'm really hankering after a Cornish pasty, closely followed by a huge Cornish ice cream, smothered in clotted cream with a couple of fudge sticks for good measure!
hmmm....I can smell the coronary now
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 9:15 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
That's fun

I've seen a sheep's place someone in the state as well, but they were never open when I went passed...and Sam's Club do have fairly good lamb, but it's normally way to expensive, well I think so...but when it's on a deal, I'd get some

I buuy the lamb when it's marked down at Kroger-usually lamb shanks-braise 'em in this wonderful sauce I found in a recipe and Bob's your uncle,
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 9:51 pm
Another gloomy day!

hayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of light

Cornish pasties ... and real Cornish fudge! They sell stuff here that they call fudge, but it's absolutely disgusting ... that is, unless you are partial to soft, squishy lumps of sugar type stuff. Now I'm really hankering after a Cornish pasty, closely followed by a huge Cornish ice cream, smothered in clotted cream with a couple of fudge sticks for good measure!
I'm going back in a month and going to Cornwall to see friends and family. I always get a "proper" cornish pasty, lovely fish n chips soaked in vinegar, fudge and of course scones with jam and clotted cream....not all at the same time! (I need to go on a diet before and after the trip to compensate though!)
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 10:09 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Triumphrob
Proper pork pies with the jelly and all..... droooooool
Rob
Yuck!! the jelly in pork pies makes me gag!! Even the ones without the jelly are nasty!
I'm too afraid to go any further...somebody might say beans on toast! :scared: yuck!

though I wouldn't say no to a sausage sarnie and a bar of cadburys

and for the OP you can find real tetley tea bags at some H.E.B stores and for sauce try Country Bobs for a change..it knocks spots of Hp brown sauce..
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 10:15 pm

Shahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of light

Malted milk biscuits, cream crackers, prawn cocktail crisps, marks and spencers chocolate mousse (or any chocolate mousse available from a supermarket), bounty, cadburys buttons, flakes, refreshers, jacket potatoes with baked beans and cheese and so much more....

I really miss a lot of foods! Boo hoo!
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 10:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

I buuy the lamb when it's marked down at Kroger-usually lamb shanks-braise 'em in this wonderful sauce I found in a recipe and Bob's your uncle,
Another good place to buy good lamb is Trader Joes. Don't know how far east they are located, might be just a West Coast thing. They do have a website though. Their lamb is Australian and reasonably priced. I don't like lamb, but my husband never has complaints. We also buy mint sauce at a place that sells British imports. Not too pricey and again no complaints from my husband. I've yet to ever make a leg of lamb....I may try it one day when I'm feeling courageous enough.

I miss a good chinese takeaway.....there is just nothing over here to compare to.
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 10:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Guelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hayley82
I'm going back in a month and going to Cornwall to see friends and family. I always get a "proper" cornish pasty, lovely fish n chips soaked in vinegar, fudge and of course scones with jam and clotted cream....not all at the same time! (I need to go on a diet before and after the trip to compensate though!)
If I was able to go to Cornwall right now I would definately eat that lot all at the same time. I've visited Cornwall many times and so am well used to having to diet before and after! lol I'm truly envious of your visit back home next month ... wish I was you ...
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 10:43 pm
Another gloomy day!

hayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of light

If I was able to go to Cornwall right now I would definately eat that lot all at the same time. I've visited Cornwall many times and so am well used to having to diet before and after! lol I'm truly envious of your visit back home next month ... wish I was you ...
I know, I can't wait...it's funny, I say a quick hello to my Mum then run up the road to get the fish n chips! I don't know why,but they always taste better in Cornwall!

I'll take some pics of all the goodies and post them here for you!!!
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 10:49 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Another good place to buy good lamb is Trader Joes. Don't know how far east they are located, might be just a West Coast thing....
none in maine, nor krogers..we really are left out aren't we *l*
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 11:49 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
I miss lamb too. Got a couple of chops on sale a while ago and it was tough, fatty and more bone than meat. Whenever I look for a joint they are usually in the $35-$40 range for something that would feed a family of 5, which I think is a little pricey. You can't beat a nice leg of roast Welsh lamb with mint sauce and all the other trimmings, well to me you can't.
Duncan,

I was in CLE at the weekend and I went to Westside Market. You must go there and get yourself some lamb. There's lots of it for sale, different cuts. I enquired to one stand salesperson about where the lamb was sourced. I said, "is it American?". His reply, "it's from Ohio."

NC Penguin
Old Aug 4th 2005, 12:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Duncan,

I was in CLE at the weekend and I went to Westside Market. You must go there and get yourself some lamb. There's lots of it for sale, different cuts. I enquired to one stand salesperson about where the lamb was sourced. I said, "is it American?". His reply, "it's from Ohio."

NC Penguin
I always wondered about those midwestern states. Thanks for the chuckle! I need it today.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.