Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Oh dear - more on the unarmed Brazilian shooting in London

Oh dear - more on the unarmed Brazilian shooting in London

Old Aug 16th 2005, 7:21 pm
Here we go Pittsburgh!

ukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Oh dear - more on the unarmed Brazilian shooting in London

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...738370,00.html

The Brazilian electrician mistakenly killed by police in the aftermath of the second London bombings was being restrained by an officer before he was shot eight times as he was sitting on a Tube train, it emerged tonight.

... and more.

Let the 'it was his own fault for running', 'he shouldn't have been wearing a big coat', 'he shouldn't have been in the country' posts begin!
Old Aug 16th 2005, 7:25 pm
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Oh dear - more on the unarmed Brazilian shooting in London

Originally Posted by ukemigrant

The Brazilian electrician mistakenly killed by police in the aftermath of the second London bombings was being restrained by an officer before he was shot eight times as he was sitting on a Tube train, it emerged tonight.

... and more.

Let the 'it was his own fault for running', 'he shouldn't have been wearing a big coat', 'he shouldn't have been in the country' posts begin!
"It also emerged that one of the undercover team keeping Senhor de Menezes’s home under surveillance was relieving himself instead of filming the operation, so officers could not tell if they had tracked down one of the alleged bombers"
Old Aug 16th 2005, 7:34 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eskimo
"It also emerged that one of the undercover team keeping Senhor de Menezes’s home under surveillance was relieving himself instead of filming the operation, so officers could not tell if they had tracked down one of the alleged bombers"
James Bond or Johnny English?
Old Aug 16th 2005, 8:03 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

The civilian, who was close to the action, said almost exactly this when he was interviewed on several networks, but you may remember an awful lot of people here got very nasty with anyone who questioned the police action.
Old Aug 16th 2005, 8:05 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
The civilian, who was close to the action, said almost exactly this when he was interviewed on several networks, but you may remember an awful lot of people here got very nasty with anyone who questioned the police action.
gone quiet no?
Old Aug 16th 2005, 8:08 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Who's gone quiet, all the people who thought those of us who *questioned* the shooting were bleeding heart liberals?
Old Aug 16th 2005, 8:12 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Who's gone quiet, all the people who thought those of us who *questioned* the shooting were bleeding heart liberals?

yes very PC of us not wanting people to go around shooting others in the head for no apparent reason.
Old Aug 16th 2005, 8:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
Mmm I never saw him interviewed. This is all new evidence.

In which case some people might change their minds.
Old Aug 16th 2005, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Now lets show some photos of the bombed carraiges and the victims of the evil carried out that day.

The police acted rightly and should be praised for putting their lives at risk rather than condemned for having the wrong target.
Old Aug 16th 2005, 8:26 pm
Lapine Member

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Mmm I never saw him interviewed. This is all new evidence.
I read transcripts of the interview and saw brief snippets of the man interviewed on television. He was quite shaken.

The fact that the witness recollections varied so much was what made me wonder what happened and whether the shooting was justified.
Old Aug 16th 2005, 8:26 pm

Pigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ukemigrant

... and more.

WTF?? Poor sod!! I hope some heads roll (no pun intended) over this! And I hope there is some compensation to his family. Unbelievable! And Snowbunny/Manc, I don't think you need to be a BHL in order to sympathise in this situation.

I expect Ray and Deadmeat will be on here soon saying "I don't care"
Old Aug 16th 2005, 8:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

I read transcripts of the interview and saw brief snippets of the man interviewed on television. He was quite shaken.

The fact that the witness recollections varied so much was what made me wonder what happened and whether the shooting was justified.
Ermmmm the guy on TV said he saw officers holding the guy down, *not* he was sitting in his seat.
Old Aug 16th 2005, 8:32 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pigtails
I expect Ray and Deadmeat will be on here soon saying "I don't care"
I don't care one iota about him !!!
Old Aug 16th 2005, 8:37 pm
Lapine Member

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Ermmmm the guy on TV said he saw officers holding the guy down, *not* he was sitting in his seat.
The guy I saw said that he saw the officers throw the man to the floor -- but it was unclear whether or not he was thrown down from a standing or sitting position. He also said "the man next to me" and not "the man in front of me."

I do realise that in traumatic situations witness recollections can differ due to the shock. But there were several accounts that were not clear. A woman said "some officers entered the carriage and shot a man." She didn't say anything about the man being chased.
Old Aug 16th 2005, 8:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The guy I saw said that he saw the officers throw the man to the floor -- but it was unclear whether or not he was thrown down from a standing or sitting position. He also said "the man next to me" and not "the man in front of me."
I've highlighted the key word.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.