Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Oh bloody hell

Oh bloody hell

Old Dec 25th 2004, 8:32 pm
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Oh bloody hell

I cried at the Queen's speech. How flipping sad is that? I think it was the bit when she mentioned taking the tube ride from Heathrow, and there I went. Blubbing all over me Eggnog. Pitiful. Thank you BBC America for that little piece of home.
Old Dec 25th 2004, 11:16 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oh bloody hell

Originally Posted by Rockgurl
I cried at the Queen's speech. How flipping sad is that? I think it was the bit when she mentioned taking the tube ride from Heathrow, and there I went. Blubbing all over me Eggnog. Pitiful. Thank you BBC America for that little piece of home.
All kinds of things remind us of home. In your case it came out of the mouth of the Queen. I'm sure she didn't write her own speech if that's any kind of consolation...

NC Penguin
Old Dec 26th 2004, 12:48 am
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
All kinds of things remind us of home. In your case it came out of the mouth of the Queen. I'm sure she didn't write her own speech if that's any kind of consolation...

NC Penguin
She may not write all of it but I am sure she does have an input.
Old Dec 26th 2004, 2:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tony126
She may not write all of it but I am sure she does have an input.
According to the BBC..

"Christmas is the one time of the year when the Queen writes her speech with no advice from the government. "
Old Dec 26th 2004, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Taffyles
According to the BBC..

"Christmas is the one time of the year when the Queen writes her speech with no advice from the government. "

Listened to it on Radio 2 over the net, only trouble is how does one fall asleep at 10 am after hearing it ?
Old Dec 26th 2004, 2:48 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Somebody remind me not to watch BBC America at 9am on the 25 December ...... I hope they didn't cancel Bargain Hunt just to show it ...

Paul