Oh behave!

Old Aug 25th 2009, 12:59 am
BE Enthusiast

British Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Oh behave!

We have released the latest annual British Behaviour Abroad report that reveals Britons are continuing to get into trouble abroad, with key concerns including drink and drug related cases.

Read the report here

Also, check out this and this.

See what the BBC has to say here.

As ever, I'm interested to hear your views.

Thanks

Dean
Old Aug 25th 2009, 1:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oh behave!

Its 9pm, got get a cuppa and put your feet up even your day has to end somewhere.

I followed the links on facebook. I do love that site that you have on there by the way. Drink will always be the root of all evils of brits.
Old Aug 25th 2009, 1:20 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like statistics especially prepared for a Mail or Telegraph rant but tells us very little.

So, 2,792 Brits lost their passports in the US. Are we worse than Germans, better than Koreans, getting better or getting worse? Pointless figures!

Obviously the FO thinks we're stupid and easy to manipulate.
Old Aug 25th 2009, 2:03 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Where are they going on holiday and their age?

That'll make the biggest difference...a bunch of students being pissed up going to Ibiza are far more likely to have issues than a middle aged couple touring southern Italy.

Not to mention, most yank students won't be going aboard for a piss up so unlikely to lose a passport.
Old Aug 25th 2009, 2:41 am
BE Enthusiast

caleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond repute

Check out the death rate in Spain. That's something else! Is that old codgers croking it or young guns battling it out on the streets?

I can't fathom the drug charges in the US. Is that just because US authorities are much stricter? Where's the British drug venue in the US? Vegas? I just find it pretty hard to believe that Brits in the US are consuming almost as much drugs as in Spain.
Old Aug 25th 2009, 2:43 am
member of little note

made of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond repute

I actually agree, as when reading I thought but where are we compared to other countries?
but then I agree with the British consul, I have lost count of how many hoildays, my friends didn't have travel insurance, or even bother with the E111, which is now a card BTW. even with that I used travel insurance, it is pretty cheap compared to say an extra swimsuit, buy one less and wash them out at night!
The reason I also got travel insurance even in Europe is despite the reciprocal agreement , costs, can still mount up, and it won't cover you to come home, as well as the more normal stuff such as theft, missing flights, passports also don't just go missing! I washed and tumble dried mine in the US! I was carry it in my jeans pocket as I needed it to buy cigs and drink, and forgot it!
fortunately I did this pre 9/11 and used it to travel to Kenya the same year, next time of use was 1999 to travel to Mexico, as well as france, monthly for years on the Eurotunnel, the last time I used it 2002 my car was pulled to pieces, not as bad as the car next to me, and questioned (picture was almost floating free due to the wash! and 8 years since said wash) the only reason I didn't suffer more I believe is because a couple of the immigration and customs people recognized me from my many visits to France, due to my constant stupid questions! "an I allowed to use the allowance of a non smoker in my car? if they carry them ect! and inability to navigate around Folkstone Eurotunnel the amount of times I ended up in the Customs area by mistake!!!! idiot! and once I ended up in it before travelling! due to the fact a service road had been opened for service vehicles, and unmanned, thankfully I wasn't the only moron!
so get the insurance and don't be an ass! I am an ass with the best of them, but I can't imagine trying it abroad, hell, I got travel insurance recently to go to the UK and I did need to see the Doctor, I offered him the insurance, but he said I was a UK citizen so free, not sure if he was right? but I got it so if I needed to get back to the US medically I could and cover my stuff!
Old Aug 25th 2009, 6:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the link Dean. One litle thing bugs me. There's a statement along the lines of..."A third of Britons admitted drinking...." Since when is drinking alcohol a crime? This language is slightly judgmental.

Love the thread title by the way

Last edited by Ozzidoc; Aug 25th 2009 at 6:47 am.
Old Aug 25th 2009, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

Sharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Thanks for the link Dean. One little thing bugs me. There's a statement along the lines of..."A third of Britons admitted drinking...." Since when is drinking alcohol a crime? This language is slightly judgemental.
I always thought that's what holidays were about....getting sozzled!. I must be a 'Typical Brit'
Old Aug 25th 2009, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

slidingbyee has a brilliant futureslidingbyee has a brilliant futureslidingbyee has a brilliant futureslidingbyee has a brilliant futureslidingbyee has a brilliant futureslidingbyee has a brilliant future

Looks like Spain is the Elephants graveyard for Brits!
Old Aug 25th 2009, 1:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by British Consul
We have released the latest annual British Behaviour Abroad report that reveals Britons are continuing to get into trouble abroad, with key concerns including drink and drug related cases.

Read the report here

Also, check out this and this.

See what the BBC has to say here.

As ever, I'm interested to hear your views.

Thanks

Dean
There's always a bunch of drug/drink fueled Brits on Miami Beach, so with your permission I'd like to beat them with a baseball bat and put them on the first Virgin flight to Heathrow?
Old Aug 25th 2009, 1:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

These kind of comments always make me laugh...yes, the 'young' Brits are well known for their drunken enthusiasm. I just wonder if the US beaches are a more peaceful environment during Spring break
Old Aug 25th 2009, 1:54 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishtart
These kind of comments always make me laugh...yes, the 'young' Brits are well known for their drunken enthusiasm. I just wonder if the US beaches are a more peaceful environment during Spring break
I was going to comment on the Spring break crowd, you can also find many a drunk and drugged USC south of the border, down Mexico way
Old Aug 25th 2009, 3:29 pm
All or Nuffin'

Archibald_Leach is a glorious beacon of lightArchibald_Leach is a glorious beacon of lightArchibald_Leach is a glorious beacon of lightArchibald_Leach is a glorious beacon of lightArchibald_Leach is a glorious beacon of lightArchibald_Leach is a glorious beacon of lightArchibald_Leach is a glorious beacon of lightArchibald_Leach is a glorious beacon of lightArchibald_Leach is a glorious beacon of lightArchibald_Leach is a glorious beacon of lightArchibald_Leach is a glorious beacon of light

Interesting :-

Drunkeness. I wish! every place I expect to see a pub is a damn church!
Topless:- well ok I have exposed my man-boobs in public, though disturbing, it didnt lead to arrest.
Drugs:- Not my scene.
Overt displays of affection in public:- I first read that as 'affectation' in which case i'm guilty, I can swing a closed brolly with a style not seen since the days of bowler hats in the city!, affection ... yep ... newlyweds ya know

We're Brits, we believe the locals should adopt our laws based on 100's of years tried and tested debated legislation instead of 50 years lobbying by crooks and shysters............ oh damn

............ i want to go home

BUT I'VE LOST MY PASSPORT!

dean ... DEAN! ....... DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAN!