Wikiposts

OFSTED

Old Jun 22nd 2014, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

Jambodj is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow OFSTED

Hi everyone!

I made another thread about a relocation check list and everyone was a great help so thank you!

We have a one year old daughter and when planning somewhere to live we want to check the schools are the best ones around. We are moving to Austin (TX) and i was looking to see what the US version was of OFSTED. Google didnt help too much but we were using GreatSchools - Public and Private School Ratings, Reviews and Parent Community

It was a bit like trip advisor but i wanted to see if there was anything more official?

Thanks
Old Jun 22nd 2014, 8:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OFSTED

California has scores for academic testing (API); there may be something like that for Texas.

Academic Performance Index (API) (CA Dept of Education)

They don't have the rigorous inspection like OFSTED as far as I know.

The wealthiest areas usually have the best-performing schools, due to higher property taxes and donations from parents, however there is federal funding for poorer areas.
Old Jun 22nd 2014, 9:03 am
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jambodj
Hi everyone!

I made another thread about a relocation check list and everyone was a great help so thank you!

We have a one year old daughter and when planning somewhere to live we want to check the schools are the best ones around. We are moving to Austin (TX) and i was looking to see what the US version was of OFSTED. Google didnt help too much but we were using GreatSchools - Public and Private School Ratings, Reviews and Parent Community

It was a bit like trip advisor but i wanted to see if there was anything more official?

Thanks
They do, it's not very good though! Here you go:

Texas Accountability Rating System
Old Jun 22nd 2014, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

Brilliant, thank you very much for this, i will check it out. I will be moving with some staff from the UK who have children in schools so i am asking for all levels really.

Really appreciate the replies. Any more information will be gratefully received
Old Jun 22nd 2014, 11:06 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jambodj
Brilliant, thank you very much for this, i will check it out. I will be moving with some staff from the UK who have children in schools so i am asking for all levels really.

Really appreciate the replies. Any more information will be gratefully received
There isn't a "US version" of OFSTED, because education is a state controlled function, not a federal one. The federal Department of Education does not review individual schools.
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pulaski
There isn't a "US version" of OFSTED, because education is a state controlled function, not a federal one. The federal Department of Education does not review individual schools.
Thank you, i have looked at local districts and school reports and they seem very comprehensive. It seems like a similar set up to the UK. Will look at international schools too