Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

The Office.....again.

The Office.....again.

Old Nov 14th 2003, 8:24 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Office.....again.

So its the last episode on sunday, and David Brent has been giving his marching orders....so what now? does he really go? what about the xmas speicals?

I also read that there are no plans at this present time to make any new episodes.....what are they thinking:scared:

Long Live 'the office'....funniest show EVER.
Old Nov 14th 2003, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

While there are no plans for another series. I do believe the writers will do a 1 or 2 show special sometime in the future.
Old Nov 14th 2003, 8:49 pm
Monkey

Trisha is an unknown quantity at this point

the christmas episodes are to be the last ones.

i am having them taped for me!!! i would pay to have them two-day mailed here....i loved that show...

trisha
Old Nov 14th 2003, 9:07 pm
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Office.....again.

Gervais is going to be a creative consultant on the US remake of The Office, due out next autumn. What's the betting it'll be a pile of pants?

Looking forward to the Xmas specials though!
Old Nov 14th 2003, 9:14 pm
Under Achiever

dudleydowg is an unknown quantity at this point

Personally I can't see a US remake being as good as the British one because they won't understand the comedy aspect, how can you recreate a character like Gareth again? Pure genius.
Old Nov 14th 2003, 9:43 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dudleydowg
Personally I can't see a US remake being as good as the British one because they won't understand the comedy aspect, how can you recreate a character like Gareth again? Pure genius.
exactly....how would they understand a character like Brent, throwing some darts and quoting "ya can't beat a bit of bully"...
"stay out of black and in the red....nothing in this game for 2 in a bed"....then missing the dart board all together and blaming his bad aim on shit flights?.
Old Nov 14th 2003, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

datcha is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Yosser
exactly....how would they understand a character like Brent, throwing some darts and quoting "ya can't beat a bit of bully"...
"stay out of black and in the red....nothing in this game for 2 in a bed"....then missing the dart board all together and blaming his bad aim on shit flights?.
Yup, it'll be the same as the US version of Coupling - soul-less.

David.
Old Nov 14th 2003, 10:26 pm
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/theoffice/

Some great stuff on here, havent stopped watching the DVD of the second series since i had it sent over.

"I froze your tears and made a dagger
And stabbed it in my cock
forever
It stays there like Excalibur
Are you my Arthur?
Say you are

Take this cool dark steeled blade
Steal it, sheath it
In your lake
I drown with you to be together
Must you breathe?
Cos I need Heaven."

Makes shakespeare look like a novice, brilliant
Old Nov 14th 2003, 10:56 pm
Under Achiever

All I can say is the episode with the black mans cock joke in it. Brilliant.
Old Nov 15th 2003, 2:03 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

My favourite one was where Gareth was saying he had, dated preety girls... "Loads"
Old Nov 17th 2003, 3:04 pm
Under Achiever

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,5-2003531048,00.html

Check out this link from todays sun, its a good piece about Gervaise
Old Nov 17th 2003, 3:51 pm
I'm as thick as a plank!

PrincessofWales is an unknown quantity at this point

I love the Office, but have to say that the 2nd series was a disappointment....apart from the Comic Relief episode.

The first series was fresh and tightly written, but the second series takes Brent's character nuances to extreme. Some of the scenes that concentrate on Brent are way too painful to watch and just not as funny anymore, there was also less interaction between Brent and his staff....its almost as if Gervais gave Brent all the rope he wanted and the prat went ahead and duly hung himself.
Old Nov 17th 2003, 5:49 pm
Never right in the head!

Originally posted by dudleydowg
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,5-2003531048,00.html

Check out this link from todays sun, its a good piece about Gervaise
Sounds like Gervais is done with the office well and truly, I can understand why he doesn't want to make another series and finish on a high note, but still what a shame, its the funniest show I have ever seen and I will miss watching it every sunday night after my dinner.

No doubt we will get endless re-runs on BBCA, but thats fine with me.