Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Offer: Discounted Flights from Houston or New York - LHR

Offer: Discounted Flights from Houston or New York - LHR

Old Feb 18th 2008, 9:52 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Offer: Discounted Flights from Houston or New York - LHR

I've just had an e-mail from Continental Airlines. They're doing a promotion as due to the new 'Open Skies' agreement they're about to start their new service on 29th March from Houston and Newark (New York) to Heathrow airport.

Until now they've had to fly into Gatwick and code-share with Virgin Atlantic on flights to/from EWR-LHR (don't know about Houston).

Anyway....their promotion is for 15% off all flights from the US into LHR from if you buy a ticket between now and 31st March. Travel must be completed by 13th June.

Here is the promotion code; you have to book it online and can't do it at an airport or through a travel agent (sorry Cindy).

To book:

Go to http://www.continental.com

Enter Offer Code: 08LHRP96H57JX27

Currently (before the 15% discount) you can get a round-trip ticket from Newark-LHR for $400...plus of course all those blasted taxes and security fees...

By the way, here are other offer fares from various US cities with Continental into LHR:

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US..._heathrow.aspx

Last edited by Englishmum; Feb 18th 2008 at 9:54 pm.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 3:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Offer: Discounted Flights from Houston or New York - LHR

Thanks for posting this.

I was just about to search, then realised that a) we won't be flying from Houston and b) we're not flying into London as usual.

Other than that it would have been perfect!
Old Feb 19th 2008, 12:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

I got that as well. Tried to see what the prices were but it said the code was not valid. Donkeys. Maybe it will be working now.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 1:51 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Offer: Discounted Flights from Houston or New York - LHR

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
I got that as well. Tried to see what the prices were but it said the code was not valid. Donkeys. Maybe it will be working now.

The instructions on the e-mail says to:

".....go to http://www.continental.com and enter your Offer code, 08LHRP96H57JX27, in the Offer Code box. Airport locations and travel agents cannot ticket this offer"..

PS: it is valid for up to 8 passengers on the same itinerary.

If you're having technical problems (I suspect that you have to go through the entire booking process to get the final price but just don't hit the final 'send' button unless you definitely want the tickets!) then I would call Continental Airlines (1-800-744-4444 press 00 at each prompt to speak to a live person, ignoring messages) and say that you're having this problem and they should be able to tell you the price.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 2:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I put the code in multiple times on their site where it said, both pre-populated via the link in the email and copy and pasting it, just came back as an invalid code. I haven't tried today so maybe it works.

Edit: It works now.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 2:42 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
I've just had an e-mail from Continental Airlines. They're doing a promotion as due to the new 'Open Skies' agreement they're about to start their new service on 29th March from Houston and Newark (New York) to Heathrow airport.

Until now they've had to fly into Gatwick and code-share with Virgin Atlantic on flights to/from EWR-LHR (don't know about Houston).

Anyway....their promotion is for 15% off all flights from the US into LHR from if you buy a ticket between now and 31st March. Travel must be completed by 13th June.

Here is the promotion code; you have to book it online and can't do it at an airport or through a travel agent (sorry Cindy).

To book:

Go to http://www.continental.com

Enter Offer Code: 08LHRP96H57JX27

Currently (before the 15% discount) you can get a round-trip ticket from Newark-LHR for $400...plus of course all those blasted taxes and security fees...

By the way, here are other offer fares from various US cities with Continental into LHR:

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US..._heathrow.aspx

Anyone know whether it's supposed to make a difference if you try to book a fare with Continental via Newark to Heathrow? (e.g. from another US regional airport).
Old Feb 19th 2008, 7:49 pm

Lightbulb Re: Offer: Discounted Flights from Houston or New York - LHR

Originally Posted by tonrob
Anyone know whether it's supposed to make a difference if you try to book a fare with Continental via Newark to Heathrow? (e.g. from another US regional airport).
Yes I think so. Put in the offer code and see!

The e-mail says "Purchase a ticket from the U.S. to London Heathrow at continental.com now through March 31, 2008 and get a 15% discount. Travel must be completed by June 13, 2008".

I guess to fly from any US city through to LHR with Continental you need to fly via Houston or Newark.