Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Off The Usa........at Last

Off The Usa........at Last

Old Aug 27th 2002, 12:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of
Default Off The Usa........at Last

We original started preparing to file in early March.
Got the visa 10th July.
Now after a long delay selling my house, we (my daughter and I) are off to Washington on Thursday.
It's nearly 4 months since I've seen "the wife" so you can imagine how happy I am. (although with a raving hangover after a leaving party last night !!)
To all of you still going through the process, I can tell you this feeling is well worth all of the stress and aggravation, so
hang on in there, your time will come and when it does it would have all been worth it.

Good luck to you all for the future.

Roger (Ida and Katie)
Old Aug 27th 2002, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

jcsutton has a brilliant futurejcsutton has a brilliant futurejcsutton has a brilliant futurejcsutton has a brilliant futurejcsutton has a brilliant futurejcsutton has a brilliant future
Default Re: Off The Usa........at Last

Congrats Roger, we'll be glad to have you here. When my wife finally gets here from SA on Oct 4, it'll be well over 4 months as well, seems a long time until you see what kind of separation others have endured...Take care and good luck....Jerry + Paula
Old Aug 27th 2002, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

swoosh is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Luck Roger! I know what it feels like to finally be able to use that visa. I successfully entered the US past Saturday with my K1. Was a piece of cake and now my cat and I are happily enjoying a bit of a vacation until I can start working =). All the best to you, your daughter and your wife.

Jeannine
Old Aug 27th 2002, 2:49 pm
Katie

In article <[email protected]>, rogerpenycate says...
    >We original started preparing to file in early March. Got the visa 10th July. Now
    >after a long delay selling my house, we (my daughter and I) are off to Washington on
    >Thursday.

Best o' British and all that, Roger.

-katie

Old Aug 27th 2002, 3:02 pm
S.M.

Roger on the same note Hilary and I are going to Boston on Friday 6th September. best
of luck Sean

"rogerpenycate" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > We original started preparing to file in early March. Got the visa 10th July. Now
    > after a long delay selling my house, we (my daughter and I) are off to Washington
    > on Thursday. It's nearly 4 months since I've seen "the wife" so you can imagine how
    > happy I am. (although with a raving hangover after a leaving party last night !!)
    > To all of you still going through the process, I can tell you this feeling is well
    > worth all of the stress and aggravation, so hang on in there, your time will come
    > and when it does it would have all been worth it.
    > Good luck to you all for the future.
    > Roger (Ida and Katie)
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 27th 2002, 5:52 pm
Mrs. Yank

Petra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to all

GEFELICITEERD!!
Old Aug 27th 2002, 7:34 pm
Jacque Robertson

Roger, best of luck! Im off myself to Chicago next Wednesday, to be married
on Friday!

Regards, Jacqueline

"S.M." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Roger on the same note Hilary and I are going to Boston on Friday 6th September.
    > best of luck Sean
    > "rogerpenycate" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > We original started preparing to file in early March. Got the visa 10th July. Now
    > > after a long delay selling my house, we (my daughter and I) are off to Washington
    > > on Thursday. It's nearly 4 months since I've seen "the wife" so you can imagine
    > > how happy I am. (although with a raving hangover after a leaving party last night
    > > !!) To all of you still going through the process, I can tell you this feeling is
    > > well worth all of the stress and aggravation, so hang on in there, your time will
    > > come and when it does it would have all been worth it.
    > >
    > > Good luck to you all for the future.
    > >
    > > Roger (Ida and Katie)
    > >
    > > --
    > > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
    > >

Old Aug 27th 2002, 9:30 pm
Blue Jjjj3124126

Good luck to you and yours Roger. Have a wonderful future. Best wishes Jacqueline W

Old Aug 28th 2002, 12:55 pm
Betastar

Congrats, Roger, and don't abandon us entirely - you're fun to have around!

Betastar

Old Aug 28th 2002, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

carjen is an unknown quantity at this point

Roger I wish you and your family the very best of luck in your new life in the USA. Thank you for all the advice you have given me recently, it's really been a big help to me. Hope you'll stay on this forum, your experience will no doubt help lots of other "beginners" like me.
Have a great time,
Love Kiera
Old Aug 28th 2002, 1:20 pm
Katie

In article <[email protected]>, jacque
robertson says...

>Im off myself to Chicago next Wednesday, to be married on Friday!

Good luck, and congrats.

-katie

Old Aug 28th 2002, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

robmcintosh is an unknown quantity at this point

Roger mate,
I'm so pleased for you, the house finally being sold then, yeah !! an now your off.
Beat me by a week, I fly on the 9th Sept, gonna get married on the 21st.
Good luck mate,
Best wishes to all of you ...
And thanks for the help and support,
(Oh ... and Birmingham City have just had a bad start thats all, it's early yet
Rob (and Yvette)