British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Off to the airport! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/off-airport-233381/)

Lesley1020 May 29th 2004 1:42 pm

Off to the airport!

Byeeeeeeeeee :D See you soon girls!

Ben May 29th 2004 2:46 pm

You have a great time, Lesley and enjoy the break. You will have a good time with Englishmum. She is really great:)

honeymommy May 30th 2004 12:00 am

woooooohoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a wonderful time, eat drink as much as you like... preferably after the helicopter flight..... :D

Enjoy!!!!!!!

lairdside May 30th 2004 12:34 am

Originally posted by honeymommy
woooooohoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a wonderful time, eat drink as much as you like... preferably after the helicopter flight..... :D

Enjoy!!!!!!!
I just spoke to EM. Lesley got there fine. I'm leaving for the airport now :D

See everyone tomorrow.

Ben May 30th 2004 1:46 pm

Have a great time, Lairdside.:)

monster Jun 1st 2004 5:59 am

Waiting for the lowdown.......

.........spill!

honeymommy Jun 1st 2004 6:05 am

OK... we want all the glorious details, and pictures....!!!!

Hope you had a great time....:D

And yes.... SPILL!!!!!

Lion in Winter Jun 1st 2004 11:52 am

Details, we need details.

:)

monster Jun 1st 2004 3:21 pm

Originally posted by Lion in Winter
Details, we need details.

:)

and pictures.......

honeymommy Jun 1st 2004 5:05 pm

I think they had such a good time, they are still partying.... LOL
:D :D

Lesley1020 Jun 1st 2004 5:08 pm

Pics

Pics will be on soon! :-D Just haven't had a second to do it yet - actually good point - how do I post them on here?

We had a great time, and thank you again EM for your hospitality! :)

Lion in Winter Jun 1st 2004 6:08 pm

Well Lesley's back - Englishmum and Lairdside must still be sleeping off the party.:)

Don't know how to post pictures either. Could somebody more technically competent help out please?

lairdside Jun 2nd 2004 1:28 am

Originally posted by Lion in Winter
Well Lesley's back - Englishmum and Lairdside must still be sleeping off the party.:)

Don't know how to post pictures either. Could somebody more technically competent help out please?
This is what happened to me.

I arrived at the airport, was told that my flight was delayed due to having been diverted to Alberquerque due to a medical emergency. It would be over an hour late, causing me to miss my connecting flight in Phoenix.

Sooo, they got me on a flight 2 hours + later to Vegas BUT there were no seats for the leg to Sacramento (were I'd left my car) and also were my luggage was going (they said it had to go even if I didn't). I said, erm thought you couldn't transport the luggage without the passenger? Was given what I suspect was bullshit about new heavy duty x-rays.

I asked for a copy of their grievance proceedure (they didn't have one) and started writing down details etc, then called my attorney and was making arrangements to file suit for compensation. I was very pleasant and polite, cheerful actually :) but the poor lady on the desk, who had been busy telling me that it really didn't look good at all started to look flustered and exclaimed to another passenger I had been talking to that "Oh, don't worry. She's getting on!"...lol

Oops, hang on they found a seat afterall. I was the last person on the plane, They had overbooked by 13 and only had 5 seats and I was number 12 on the list. Strange eh?

I got to Sac at 1.30 am. Cleared the airport at 2.30am. Drove for an hour. Had to stop and sleep for 2 hours. Arrived home at 6.30am, left for work at 6.45am.

I have just gotten home after a 10 hour workday :D

I am actually still awake..lmao

Lion in Winter Jun 2nd 2004 1:58 am

Originally posted by lairdside
This is what happened to me.

I arrived at the airport, was told that my flight was delayed due to having been diverted to Alberquerque due to a medical emergency. It would be over an hour late, causing me to miss my connecting flight in Phoenix.

Sooo, they got me on a flight 2 hours + later to Vegas BUT there were no seats for the leg to Sacramento (were I'd left my car) and also were my luggage was going (they said it had to go even if I didn't). I said, erm thought you couldn't transport the luggage without the passenger? Was given what I suspect was bullshit about new heavy duty x-rays.

I asked for a copy of their grievance proceedure (they didn't have one) and started writing down details etc, then called my attorney and was making arrangements to file suit for compensation. I was very pleasant and polite, cheerful actually :) but the poor lady on the desk, who had been busy telling me that it really didn't look good at all started to look flustered and exclaimed to another passenger I had been talking to that "Oh, don't worry. She's getting on!"...lol

Oops, hang on they found a seat afterall. I was the last person on the plane, They had overbooked by 13 and only had 5 seats and I was number 12 on the list. Strange eh?

I got to Sac at 1.30 am. Cleared the airport at 2.30am. Drove for an hour. Had to stop and sleep for 2 hours. Arrived home at 6.30am, left for work at 6.45am.

I have just gotten home after a 10 hour workday :D

I am actually still awake..lmao
Would you come with me next time I fly to England? One short conversation and I'm sure you could get me upgraded to business class.
:D