Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Oedipus Americanus

Oedipus Americanus

Old Jan 8th 2006, 1:53 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Default Re: Oedipus Americanus

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
er...since when do American's care about the rest of the world :
Thats exactly what i was saying
and lighten up ...I thought your wife was an American
yes she is but after so many years in the UK she has been manipul......educated and agrees that its all money making from mugs regarding valentines day in the US. The charm of treating your wife/lover has been lost because everybody gets the same .

There is no "wife's/girlfriend's day" or "Husbands/boyfriends day" that WAS Valentine's day....not here..not anymore it's "close friends and family day"

To defend that is ludicrous.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 2:01 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Yessir, that's what I'm trying to do, singlehandedly I might add. Rushman, do try and find someone in this country that isn't out to get you and your traditions.....
Did I say it was all your doing? No. I am argueing with you because you chose to defend it. I'm not blaming you personally so don't try to make it look personal.

My traditions??? I think you'll find it's Italian in origin (thats the boot shaped country in between Britain and Africa).

Ok so if traditions aren't important we'll scrap Labour day, Veterens day, Memorial day, Independance day and thanksgiving then. Oh, I forgot, those are sacred aren't they? Just like Valentine's day are to others and don't need to be bastardised just because people like you think traditions are unimportant.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 2:02 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
Thats exactly what i was saying

yes she is but after so many years in the UK she has been manipul......educated and agrees that its all money making from mugs regarding valentines day in the US. The charm of treating your wife/lover has been lost because everybody gets the same .

There is no "wife's/girlfriend's day" or "Husbands/boyfriends day" that WAS Valentine's day....not here..not anymore it's "close friends and family day"

To defend that is ludicrous.
oh ffs calm down....calm down.............

nobody is twisting your arm to buy these things......Valentines is what you make of it...I could buy everybody I know one and still the one for hubby would be the special one...goes without saying...if you ignore Valentines Day just cos it's gone commercial , then you'd better tell the kids the truth about Santa and the Easter Bunny
Old Jan 8th 2006, 2:03 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Ok so if traditions aren't important we'll scrap Labour day, Veterens day, Memorial day, Independance day and thanksgiving then. Oh, I forgot, those are sacred aren't they? Just like Valentine's day are to others and don't need to be bastardised just because people like you think traditions are unimportant.
what's up with Martin Luther King Jr Day....can we scrap that one too??
Old Jan 8th 2006, 2:04 pm
Account Closed

oh ffs calm down....calm down.............

nobody is twisting your arm to buy these things......Valentines is what you make of it...I could buy everybody I know one and still the one for hubby would be the special one...goes without saying...if you ignore Valentines Day just cos it's gone commercial , then you'd better tell the kids the truth about Santa and the Easter Bunny
The school twist your arm to buy them for all the bloody kids in the same class as your own. i buy just for Mrs. Rush. and why the hell would i tell kids theres no santa just because Valentines day is a joke here.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 2:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Did I say it was all your doing? No. I am argueing with you because you chose to defend it. I'm not blaming you personally so don't try to make it look personal.

My traditions??? I think you'll find it's Italian in origin (thats the boot shaped country in between Britain and Africa).

Where did I ever say I was defending it???? Because I pointed out that something else could be used differently than what it is intended for doesn't mean I defend anything. It just means that not everything is black and white. Or is it because I'm not saying "Yes master, I totally agree with whatever you spew out of your flipping mouth"
Old Jan 8th 2006, 2:13 pm
Back Again

The school twist your arm to buy them for all the bloody kids in the same class as your own. i buy just for Mrs. Rush. and why the hell would i tell kids theres no santa just because Valentines day is a joke here.
twisted my arm to spend $4 a kid so they could have fun so what? I spend tons on toys cos Santa's come..put $1 per tooth under the pillow because the Fairy dictates it..there endles ways you will go with the flow, wether it be an American or British tradition....if you choose to spoil your own Valentines Day in disgust then that's your loss....having said that the Zales commercial still annoys me...but then if somebody buys into it they're spending their own money not mine
Old Jan 8th 2006, 2:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

twisted my arm to spend $4 a kid so they could have fun so what? I spend tons on toys cos Santa's come..put $1 per tooth under the pillow because the Fairy dictates it..there endles ways you will go with the flow, wether it be an American or British tradition....if you choose to spoil your own Valentines Day in disgust then that's your loss....having said that the Zales commercial still annoys me...but then if somebody buys into it they're spending their own money not mine
Well said, and I'd karma ya, but I can't.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 2:31 pm
Back Again

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Well said, and I'd karma ya, but I can't.
you're not even in my top ten, I think you need to spread
Old Jan 8th 2006, 2:38 pm
looking for the corkscrew

bored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond repute

Last year, my husband got a valentines card from his boss and family - a pic of the whole family on the beach!
Old Jan 8th 2006, 2:40 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bored-silly
Last year, my husband got a valentines card from his boss and family - a pic of the whole family on the beach!
With a little note saying "Thanks for staying at your desk Schmuck, wish you were here"
Old Jan 8th 2006, 2:41 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Realtors, bosses - I'm ****** lucky if the wife gives me one, and a card!

Madness, I say, madness.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 2:46 pm
Back Again

haha well that's a little too much ....what the hell happened to an old fashioned raise

Actually not having dental insurance I got my teeth fixed one time by this local dentist $400 it was...anyway two years later he still sends these leaflets about once every coupla months...and always there'll be a picture of him and his family somewhere nice on vacation....it makes me so mad...my $400 helped pay for that you s.o.b!!!!
Old Jan 8th 2006, 2:53 pm
looking for the corkscrew

bored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
With a little note saying "Thanks for staying at your desk Schmuck, wish you were here"
More like 'Thanks for pissing off round the world on a regular basis, leaving your wife and kids at home. Because you do it, I don't have to!'
Old Jan 8th 2006, 3:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

you're not even in my top ten, I think you need to spread
As usual....and your top ten? what the heck is that?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.